The Dark Knight Rises The TDKR General Discussion Thread - - - - - - - - - Part 141

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Lord, if you're listening.....HELP!!!!!"

tumblr_lzrc54NFxl1qf7kk0o1_500.gif

I think the WB studios should see other faces, and feel it in their bones and stuff, to look for a different person.

I don't see a problem with JL 1 not having batman at all, and introducing him in the sequel.

2akeope.jpg

We should all know the deal here, how many times do we see a news rumor regarding batman films? There's too many to count, so before anyone jumps the gun on it, I think we should all chill...CHILL.

Drew McWeeny isn't a nobody. Remember that Star Trek scoop he did way back in 2008?

... this rumor has some truth behind it. We won't know until TOLDJA, THR or anyone else confirms it... but this isn't something CBM pulled out of their asses.

Drew McWeeny isn't a nobody. Remember that Star Trek scoop he did way back in 2008?

... this rumor has some truth behind it. We won't know until TOLDJA, THR or anyone else confirms it... but this isn't something CBM pulled out of their asses.
This is why I don't even know what to think.

JGL's not connected to any future projects ATM either. Lord help me

I love this idea. Haters gonna hate!

I don't think this will happen, probably another rumor. It may be best to reboot with a younger Bruce but if they really think it's too soon for a new Bruce Wayne/Bat-solo franchise then i say thumbs up to the idea of JGL & Justice League. I can't say i blame them. You have a billion dollar franchise here pretty much with an open end to who wears the cowl. And an actor who welcomes the idea if he likes the script & directors...in their minds they'd be fools to not try out this crazy idea. Even if the Batman purists hate it.

The other guy could be Oldman or Freeman (if it's a smaller role). They can pull off a Lucius Fox cameo in Justice League to set-up Blakes Batman with the suit and tools while Gotham rebuilds. Then he comes back to Gotham because it's in need for the first time since Bruce "died", and we begin the solo movies with JGL.

Of course i prefer to think of him as Nightwing but this gets me excited. Yeaaah yeaaah i know i'm one of the few on this board to think that way but what the heck.

Chances are they've considered casting JGL but will indeed reboot it with a new face for Bruce Wayne anyway. But we'll see. Maybe someone ask JGL on twitter if the rumor is bogus. Worth a shot.

Was it Drew who reported the Neeson cameo in TDKR?

:funny:

So what....they're really trying to have some continuity from Nolan's trilogy or are they trying to get JGL to play Bruce Wayne?
LMAO imagine what a **** up that would be. jGL plays Bruce Wayne and Bat-fans across the world are eternally confused.

In all seriousness, I'd only accept this because it would mean Nolans Bat universe is continuing.

LMAO imagine what a **** up that would be. jGL plays Bruce Wayne and Bat-fans across the world are eternally confused.

The Bat-fans would equally be pissed to see a Batman that's NOT Bruce Wayne being in the Justice League too.

In all seriousness, I'd only accept this because it would mean Nolans Bat universe is continuing.

Is that a good thing though? Meshing other elements with using Superman, Green Lantern, Flash, etc and then having more solo Batfilms with a new director trying to achieve the lofty goals in a Batfilm that Nolan had done with his trilogy by using the same tone and atmosphere....not wise, imo, not wise at all. Best to give us a whole different kind of Bruce Wayne.

Oh how I dread this Justice League idea....Warner Brothers seem to only be focused on thinking they can make money like Avengers without putting any critical thought into this scheme.

I feel like its July 20th all over again and I'm taking crazy pills. :funny:

Nope. What was it?

I've searched HitFix, but I think McWeeny posted it on another site. He also reported the news that Chris Pine's "Unstoppable" was initially delayed due to the hefty salary demands of Pine and Denzel Washington.

So he has his sources.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"