The Dark Knight Rises The TDKR General Discussion Thread - - - - - - - - - - - Part 143

Status
Not open for further replies.
Batman Zombie... more interesting (?)

the-dark-knight-rises-zombie-poster.jpg

Reminds me of Arkham Asylum during Scarecrow's last nightmare, haha.

What was so bad about Talia death scene? I mean not saying it was good but what was so god awful about it. I mean it's bad but I didn't think twice about it while viewing it.

There wasn't anything really bad about the death scene at all, imo, but a lot seem to think it was hilarious or what have you, but I sure as hell didn't mind it. Talia could have very well only been able to move her head after that crash and could've been paralyzed neck down and that's why only her head was moving during that scene. Easily, plausible answer right there. But some prefer to just laugh at it I guess.

Her death was so bad, that they made a hilarious tumbler page out of it.

And when you have a Tumbler page, you know it's bad! :whatever:

You're right, it's just mocked with tons of gifs and memes because of the stellar performance. :o

People are exaggerating. Like i said, ive seen this movie with many people and i havent heard a peep from them. It's just a domino effect, people read online and they hear its so bad then they see it and theyre expecting it so they go AAHHAHAH OMG ITS SO TRUE!! ITSSS SO HORRIBLE.

I never heard a peep in the cinema either. All 4 times i saw it in theaters.

We're just spoiled over the last 20 years in death scenes. The head tilting was always a big part of someone dying on the big screen. Talias death wasn't even that bad.

That death scene wasn't poorly acted but poorly edited/directed.

One of my favorite bad death scenes goes to this.

ibtTN4N5Vjqcfv.gif

All I'm saying is how is someone supposed to die? I didn't know there were rules for death scenes

All I'm saying is how is someone supposed to die? I didn't know there were rules for death scenes

Apparently, taking the complaints from both Bane and Talia...

you need to have a cool dying speech, not die after being shot by a canon and you can't just wobble your head.

Last edited:
What was so bad about Talia death scene? I mean not saying it was good but what was so god awful about it. I mean it's bad but I didn't think twice about it while viewing it.

These movies are well acted , lighted , and written so a iffy scene like that sticks like a sore thumb.

The rest is typical exaggeration on the internet.

Pretty much, it's one of those things that if you nitpick at it too much it leds into "OMG WORST SCREEN DEATH EVER!"

That death scene wasn't poorly acted but poorly edited/directed.

It was absolutely poorly acted, which if we take Marion's talents into consideration, could be a symptom of poor direction. I didn't see any incongruous editing. Basic shot, reverse shot, it needed nothing more.

Oh man, this again LOL. It's still hilarious. And to me Talia's death was horrible, sorry. This mocking is well deserved.
The animal ones are so funny. :hehe:

It was absolutely poorly acted, which if we take Marion's talents into consideration, could be a symptom of poor direction. I didn't see any incongruous editing. Basic shot, reverse shot, it needed nothing more.
I agree. An example of poorly edited/directed death scene in this series would be Gambol's in TDK and Foley's in TDKR.

Last edited:
I agree. An example of poorly edited/directed death scene in this series would be Gambol's in TDK and Foley's in TDKR.
God, Gambol's death makes me facepalm to this day. There is absolutely no cohesive sense of cinematic space within the stretch of time from the Joker knifing his flanks and bringing himself and his knife (what happened to the other one?) to Gambol's face.

Good thing Heath is so mesmerizing in that scene that none of that matters at all.

Heath's acting only saves that scene on the first or even the second viewing. On the third viewing it started to bother crap out of me. What happened to his other knife? Plus, those knives had some sort of super power to be able to completely and utterly silence anybody who was stabbed by it. No visual or aural cues of struggle whatsoever.

That would be a little dark in an already dark movie. The implied violence works better for me.

Talia's death isn't the best acting I've ever seen, and it's not the worst either.

I would accuse the reaction of being dramatic, but that would make me a massive hypocrite. lol

The only death that offends (or depresses) me is Bane's. It borders on being overly anti-climactic. Deserved better.

I felt that (with what I assume) an instant death was too merciful for a monster like Bane. I wanted him to die a slow and painful death.

Apparently, taking the complaints from both Bane and Talia...

you need to have a cool dying speech, not die after being shot by a canon and you can't just wobble your head.

That's the problem, Talia does have a silly dying speech and then just wiggles her head. Its really non cinematic. The whole thing is poorly staged.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"