The Dark Knight Rises The TDKR General Discussion Thread - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 144

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, but you're not a billionaire that has a CEO inventor that can give you "just the thing" for your knee injury.

Bruce Wayne does. It's ludicrous that he wouldn't have one or wasn't given one during those 8 years. Not to be able bodied for Batman (though that would be nice if Gotham wasn't miraculously cleaned of "serious crime"), but for Bruce Wayne. Staying in the mansion for 8 years, doing absolutely nothing? I know he was frozen in time but he wouldn't even try to walk right without a cane?

The injury and knee brace was simply a forced plot device that's simply done away with after the first half or so of the movie. There is no logic behind it. Wayne suffered from more serious injuries in the past and already had the technology to deal with it.

It serves more as symbolic of Batman (since Bruce gets the leg brace just to be Batman for a bit) being a quick fix bandage for him. Notice how the leg brace disappears when he starts to learn his lesson in The Pit about learning to live as Bruce Wayne.

But those LoS guys are okay with him using his electromagnetic thingie to shut off the lights and throwing flashbangs at Bane's face?

Maybe if Bane had said "let's fight man to man, no weapons, no tricks. My men are watching," that would be one thing. Instead we see Bats selectively use his arsenal when we know he has other stuff available that could help him.

They know Bane can handle Batman's flashbangs. I could imagine Bane talking with his men beforehand, telling them not to interfere so long as Batman's tools have no legitimate effect on Bane or the environment. They know Batman will try to use the dark to his advantage - that's why Bane is ready for it and calls Batman out on it.

But Batman knew that trying more powerful tools that gave him an unfair advantage would have invited Bane's men to start shooting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"