The Dark Knight Rises The TDKR General Discussion Thread - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 149

Status
Not open for further replies.
Me and Joker were on the same page over there. They get so sensitive it's unreal. Im not trying to insult anybody with this comment, but im going to guess that they might be a lot younger maybe? Either that, or we just have a thicker skin because we've put up with a lot on these bat boards.

That seems...familiar...

dqjgGA1.jpg

Me and Joker were on the same page over there. They get so sensitive it's unreal. Im not trying to insult anybody with this comment, but im going to guess that they might be a lot younger maybe? Either that, or we just have a thicker skin because we've put up with a lot on these bat boards.

I don't even know. Myself, Joker, Webhead371, and now you get lambsted if you say anything, literally ANYTHING that isn't "omg it's so much better than Sam Raimi's this is perfect!"

Yep, from what I've seen the Spidey boards has a lot of kids running around.

I thought the Bat-Boards were bad during peak times, but man, the Spidey boards are something else.

Those of you who have seen ASM2, what did you think of it? Still waiting for the US release, and I'm hearing all the wildly differing opinions. Sounds like we've got yet another polarizing blockbuster on our hands. Just wanna know what some of my Bat-boards brethren think.

Those of you who have seen ASM2, what did you think of it? Still waiting for the US release, and I'm hearing all the wildly differing opinions. Sounds like we've got yet another polarizing blockbuster on our hands. Just wanna know what some of my Bat-boards brethren think.

I'll be putting my review up later... but in short, I really liked it and I say that as somebody who wasn't entirely enthralled by The Amazing Spider-Man.

The plot is very messy and meanders far too much. Plus, the villians are generally awful and amount to nothing.

It's saving grace is the action, humour and amazing love story between Peter and Gwen. Not surprisingly, THIS is what Webb gets totally right. Garfield is much better this time around and Emma Stone is the absolute delight that she always is. She shines in this movie (As does Sally Field).

Overall I'd say a 7/10.

Last edited:
Hey bud! Glad you're back.

I wont go full detail here because ill probably get kicked off of this too lol. But ill just say that Pfeiffer-Pfan is right about the good chemistry (hey, im paraphrasing) between Gwen and Peter. Spidey has the good humor that he should have. Dane DeHaan is good as Harry. Sally Field is good as well. Then there's the horrible. The villains are on Shumacher level, which Joker totally agreed with me on. I wonder if he was banned from that thread? lol. The writing, the intro, really awful. The big fights were like a video game. Electro doesn't relate to the theme/plot/character development of Spidey. It's all filler like Rhino.

Id give it a 5/10. Im curious to know what Shikamaru thought since he was looking forward to it.

Oh, yeah... Electro was a poor man's Riddler. The Jim Carrey version of course.

Whoever thought we'd be saying that one day.

Yeah haha. A black Nygma. The way he becomes Electro, suits up then gets used by the B-villain, is like Mr Freeze too. Then the visuals are like a poor man's Dr. Manhattan. Talk about original :woot:

I never thought id say that i loved a Captain America movie and really disliked a Spidey movie during the same month.

Yeah haha. A black Nygma. The way he becomes Electro, suits up then gets used by the B-villain, is like Mr Freeze too. Then the visuals are like a poor man's Dr. Manhattan. Talk about original :woot:

I never thought id say that i loved a Captain America movie and really disliked a Spidey movie during the same month.

Yeah.. I don't care if this is an unpopular opinion, but I still kinda miss Sam Raimi.

His version of Sandman (while not great) still had that amazing ''Birth'' scene. Webb has come no where close to that with any of his villians.

I didnt care for Sandman at all. But at least that birth scene (even with the spotty CG) had some emotional power behind it. I didnt like this movie. I also hate Spider-Man 3, but i miss Raimis first 2 films. Even with my nitpicks. It's about time they sell the rights back to Marvel.

But before we completely derail the thread let's talk a bit about Batman.

I saw some recent pics of Affleck and he looks a bit chubby lol. Fatman or Batman? With all the announcements that Cyborg and now Aquaman may be in the new movie, plus a few more......

I miss Bale already.

I'll be putting my review up later... but in short, I really liked it and I say that as somebody who wasn't entirely enthralled by The Amazing Spider-Man.

The plot is very messy and meanders far too much. Plus, the villians are generally awful and amount to nothing.

It's saving grace is the action, humour and amazing love story between Peter and Gwen. Not surprisingly, THIS is what Webb gets totally right. Garfield is much better this time around and Emma Stone is the absolute delight that she always is. She shines in this movie (As does Sally Field).

Overall I'd say a 7/10.

May I ask what you'd give the first one and the first and second Raimi movies?

May I ask what you'd give the first one and the first and second Raimi movies?

I tend to flip flop on which two is my favourite.

Spider-Man (2002) - 9/10
Spider-Man 2 (2004) - 9/10

And for the sake of the argument:

Spider-Man 3 (2007) - 6/10
The Amazing Spider-Man - 5/10

Spider-Man (2002) - 9/10

Ah, alright, thank you very much. :)

It's a piece of ...

Better than the first. But then again , what isn't ?

Spider-Man (2002) - 9/10

Wow, you honestly believe TASM was worse than SM3?

I do...it's so forgetful. You can't say the same with Spider-Man 3.

Hey, I visit those boards too. Watchoo tryin' 2 say, Willis?

I also visit too, there's some good members but overall it's a McD's playhouse.

Wow, you honestly believe TASM was worse than SM3?

I do. I really do. But believe me, I know it's not a popular opinion.

I was more emotionally invested in Spider-Man 3 and overall felt it was more memorable, be it for the right or wrong reasons.

I liked what Raimi did with Peter and MJ, plus the Harry stuff, while rushed, was handled quite nicely for me.

I dont say this for shock reasons , but Spider Man 3 is a genuine fun , well spirited film. It might not be a great sequel , nor working well any aspect of the film or the Spidey universe...but its just all around fun. Well shot. And Sandman is pretty great. Especially his birth. Young made a good soundtrack. I can't dislike it. It's a movie i might pop occasionally and just keep seeing.

I vastly prefer it to the first Raimi movie.

And its leaps and bounds better than any of the ASM iterations (Emma Stone deserved so much better. She's the only functional thing in both movies)

Thanks for weighing in guys. I'm basically going to set my expectations to "dumb, popcorn fun with a good romance" and hopefully be able to enjoy it. The action looks really cool and it might be something I actually want to check out in 3D IMAX. But I won't go in expecting a great film.

I didn't hate TASM, in fact there was a lot I liked about it. To me it just all comes back to the pervasive feeling of a reboot feeling so unnecessary. But I thought Webb did pretty well, given the job at hand.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"