The Dark Knight Rises The TDKR General Discussion Thread - - - - - - - Part 156

i dont know stuff happens Jack Nicholson Joker died Heath Ledger Joker could also died Bale Batman he only spent one year active as Batman and had too many injuries as we see in the Dark Knight Rises maybe the same happen with Ledger Joker i dont know i want to give a little more realism in my headcanon about the fate of the Joker in the Nolanverse

Nicholson's Joker died because Batman killed him and he wanted to do it. Bale's Batman at the end of TDK had that fall with Dent and we saw him limping away when the Cops chased him to the Bat Pod. Ledger's Joker was fit as a fiddle the last time we saw him.

There's no reason to believe he died or that Bale's Bruce was not content with him still being alive.

Last edited:
I just want to wish everyone here a Happy New Year.

This month has marked my 20th year on SHH. Its been like smoke through a keyhole. I remember my first day here like it was yesterday joining for the release and hype discussion of the first Spider-Man 2 trailer.

I never thought I would stay as an active member of this forum for this long. That's largely due to the abundance of cool people that I've met here. Some are still here, some have sadly moved on and don't post any more. But this place has a great community. Its been a roller coaster being here for the production and release of so many great and iconic comic book movies. To this day the height of that kind of experience has been The Dark Knight. My gosh I don't think we'll ever get days like that again. Especially with the epic marketing campaign that movie had.

Anyway here's to you all. I hope I'll be here typing a similar message in another 20 years.

I just want to wish everyone here a Happy New Year.

This month has marked my 20th year on SHH. Its been like smoke through a keyhole. I remember my first day here like it was yesterday joining for the release and hype discussion of the first Spider-Man 2 trailer.

I never thought I would stay as an active member of this forum for this long. That's largely due to the abundance of cool people that I've met here. Some are still here, some have sadly moved on and don't post any more. But this place has a great community. Its been a roller coaster being here for the production and release of so many great and iconic comic book movies. To this day the height of that kind of experience has been The Dark Knight. My gosh I don't think we'll ever get days like that again. Especially with the epic marketing campaign that movie had.

Anyway here's to you all. I hope I'll be here typing a similar message in another 20 years.

Woah, 20 years, that's crazy! I haven't been a here quite that long, but I definitely do remember finding this place and reading the boards during the Spider-Man 2 era, so this place has been a spot I've checked in with online for about the same amount of time. Wild.

Thanks, and wishing everyone a Happy New Year as well!

I'm going on 18 years here myself, which is insane. Started posting here as a teen and now I'm married and just had my second kid in October. Time ****ing flies.

And yes, nothing will ever reach the hype of the TDK days. That time was really something special.

Happy New Year to all :hrt:

I'm going on 18 years here myself, which is insane. Started posting here as a teen and now I'm married and just had my second kid in October. Time ****ing flies.

And yes, nothing will ever reach the hype of the TDK days. That time was really something special.

Happy New Year to all :hrt:

Congrats on #2!

Congrats on #2!

Thanks, dude.

My boy will be turning 3 in February and is now starting to get into superheroes and movies, and I can't explain what an amazing feeling it is for me to be able to start sharing all this with him. Batman is already his favorite (although he really has no choice with me as his dad).

Took him to see his first movie in theaters a few months ago (Paw Patrol lol) and it was awesome to introduce him to that experience. The little dude had tears streaming down his face because he wasn't blinking enough. He was entranced and loved all of it, including the popcorn. Down the line, once I'm finally able to sit down and watch movies like B89 and TDK with my kids, I feel like it will be an out-of-body experience for me. :hehe:

Thanks, dude.

My boy will be turning 3 in February and is now starting to get into superheroes and movies, and I can't explain what an amazing feeling it is for me to be able to start sharing all this with him. Batman is already his favorite (although he really has no choice with me as his dad).

Took him to see his first movie in theaters a few months ago (Paw Patrol lol) and it was awesome to introduce him to that experience. The little dude had tears streaming down his face because he wasn't blinking enough. He was entranced and loved all of it, including the popcorn. Down the line, once I'm finally able to sit down and watch movies like B89 and TDK with my kids, I feel like it will be an out-of-body experience for me. :hehe:

That's awesome. :goodvibes:

My wife and I don't have kids, but I've gotten the chance to watch a lot of my good friends become parents over the past 10 years. It's definitely wild to see the little ones still love the stuff we loved just as much. My one friend's son is obsessed with Batman Returns and specifically Michael Keaton as Batman (he knows him by name, it's hilarious). I gifted him my children's book version of Returns that I had as a kid and he went nuts for it lol. Another friend's son has been loving TDK since he was like 4-5, which blew my mind as I always thought of it as too adult for kids. Not suggesting you start them that young on the darker movies, but it's pretty wild to see! Makes me feel old, but also makes the movies feel just as relevant today which is pretty sweet.

And as a lover of going to the movies, love hearing about young kids being in awe of it. It's especially cool to hear in an age where they're looking at screens all day with so much content at their fingertips. Big screen experience still has the magic. Glad you're showing them the way. :cool:

wade.jpg

I was watching TDKR recently and it only JUST clicked that the finance bro who gets his neck snapped by Bane at the stock exchange is Glen Powell!
It literally only occured to me very recently that it's him haha. I can't believe it.

It literally only occured to me very recently that it's him haha. I can't believe it.

He's always had this "he's got a familiar face" vibe for me, so glad I finally put it together haha.

Nolan definitely has a habit of casting young actors in small roles who later go on to become pretty big names.

I own the entire "build a bane" line from last year, and told myself that would be it for a while. I'm really tempted on this though. It's gonna depend on the price.

That's the second time I've seen Nolan mention Heath during all the Oppenheimer awards buzz.

I love it. If you think about it...there's a clear before and after in Nolan's career. Before The Dark Knight and after The Dark Knight. After TDK, he became Christopher Nolan, the guy with a blank check to do pretty much whatever he wanted. He was always "on the rise" after Memento, but TDK catapulted him to the top of the mountain.

I think he's well-aware of what an impact his collaboration with Heath had on his career and his overall trajectory in the industry.

I’ve seen people say the comparison doesn’t make any sense. Personally I would defer to the guy who actually directed both performances. He might know what he’s talking about!

I own the entire "build a bane" line from last year, and told myself that would be it for a while. I'm really tempted on this though. It's gonna depend on the price.

Looks nice, but $70? Too rich for my blood.

I’ll just take the figure, whenever McFarlane opts to sell it separately.

You can’t deny, the voice certainly is memorable. For better or worse.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"