The Ultimate Marvel RPG Vol. 2: New World Sign-Up/OOC Thread

Well... I think it's pretty much dead.

But what the hell while it's still holding on I might as well do this:

Screen Name: Gallagher

Character you would like to play:
Doctor Victor Von Damme(DOOM)

Powers and a brief description of the character in proper English:
Metal skin... stuff, you know. Oh come on its ****ing Doom.

Three reasons why you have chosen that character:

1. I love Doom.
2. I haven't played the big man since my first ever RPG
3. I ****ing love Doom

What can you bring to this game?
Doom

How many times do you intend on posting a DAY IN the RPG
: Twice on Doomsday

Do you know how to post pictures on the hype boards:
Yes I do

Provide a small sample post for your character, about 4 paragraphs with at least one line of dialouge:

"People of Latveria. It is I, your esteemed ruler. I come to you with a very special message. Long have I watched as America's super powers tore themselves apart trying to gain a bigger piece of whatever drives them, wealth, nobility, status, power. The forces of 'good' and 'evil' have aligned themselves for a war that will potentially destroy them.

The Ultimates, The Thunderbolts, General Fury and Norman Osborn. They will fight and they will die. However, out of the ashes of said battle we shall rise, once the dust settles we shall be stood tall, this is our opportunity Latveria. Long has our country got by on it's own merit, flourished even in it's own splendor but now the war that is brewing in the United States threatens to take that all away from us.

What will you do about it? Will you simply let some detatched government agency determine the outcome that most of the world shall feel? Or are you going to join up and do something about it.

Ladies and Gentlemen... I give you the Latverian People's Army."

They say that that day the applause could be heard from miles around, the whole country showing their support of their wonderous leader, back from another world and with a shining vision of world peace.

I had come back from another world, another dimension to find America in turmoil. The balance of power is upset and with that comes weakness, a weakness I intend to exploit.

For the love of...the game's not REALLY dead.

I mean, this happened last summer too, right? Things slowed down to a crawl, because frankly people have other things to do over the summer. Then once school starts up, and summer gets it's sunny ass back where it came from, posts start picking up to what they used to be.

Well... I think it's pretty much dead.

But what the hell while it's still holding on I might as well do this:

Screen Name: Gallagher

Character you would like to play:
Doctor Victor Von Damme(DOOM)

Metal skin... stuff, you know. Oh come on its ****ing Doom.

Three reasons why you have chosen that character:

1. I love Doom.
2. I haven't played the big man since my first ever RPG
3. I ****ing love Doom

What can you bring to this game?
Doom

How many times do you intend on posting a DAY IN the RPG
: Twice on Doomsday

Yes I do

Provide a small sample post for your character, about 4 paragraphs with at least one line of dialouge:

"People of Latveria. It is I, your esteemed ruler. I come to you with a very special message. Long have I watched as America's super powers tore themselves apart trying to gain a bigger piece of whatever drives them, wealth, nobility, status, power. The forces of 'good' and 'evil' have aligned themselves for a war that will potentially destroy them.

The Ultimates, The Thunderbolts, General Fury and Norman Osborn. They will fight and they will die. However, out of the ashes of said battle we shall rise, once the dust settles we shall be stood tall, this is our opportunity Latveria. Long has our country got by on it's own merit, flourished even in it's own splendor but now the war that is brewing in the United States threatens to take that all away from us.

What will you do about it? Will you simply let some detatched government agency determine the outcome that most of the world shall feel? Or are you going to join up and do something about it.

Ladies and Gentlemen... I give you the Latverian People's Army."

They say that that day the applause could be heard from miles around, the whole country showing their support of their wonderous leader, back from another world and with a shining vision of world peace.

I had come back from another world, another dimension to find America in turmoil. The balance of power is upset and with that comes weakness, a weakness I intend to exploit.
approved as long as Doom is sportin the goat legs. :p

God, I hated that part of Ultimate Doom. ****ing goat legs? Really? Almost as if MB had a hand in his creation. :o

.....dude it was a joke. Hence the :p. Your approved either way.

Last edited:
I know, I was joking.

Damn its hard to convey humour on the internet.

I have returned. Upon catching up on IC matters, I will unleash the promised Hell - thus wrapping up the Thunderbolts arc (or just part one? :ninja:), and freeing up the Ultimates to do ultimate things. :yay:

EDIT: Really? One post? :dry:

Last edited:
*checks watch*

Oh, would you look at the time? All Hell has broken loose. :yay:

Thats what I call a slow tuesday :o

(Dropping Fury again)

See NOW it's a threeway battle for NYC.

Come on people, post. We're trying to get this game going again, what better way than an all out war?

Three ways are hot. Makes me want to get involved in the fun in New York...

Ok, the battle for New York is intriguing me, so I's gots to get involved.

Screen Name: Johnny Blaze

Character you would like to play: T'Challa, the Black Panther

Powers: The ingesting of a special herb has granted T'Challa feline-like senses (enhanced smell, sight, hearing, etc), increased his already formidable physical attributes (strength, speed, stamina, durability, etc), and enables him to heal in half the time as it would take a regular human.

History: T'Challa was born to the royal family of the African nation, Wakanda. A technological juggernaut compared to the rest of the country, Wakanda was one of the most powerful nations in the world thanks to their stranglehold on the metal, vibranium. One of the strongest and unique metals in the world. Ruled by his father, the wise T'Chaka, Wakanda did much to help it's war torn and plagued continent by way of cures for diseases and food to those starving.

T'Challa grew up a pampered life along side his older brother, Jakkara. Since he was born, his father saw to it that they were both trained to perfect their mind and body. T'Challa quickly showed himself to be better than his brother in all areas, excelling in his martial, survivalist, and weapons training to his studies in the fields of science, language, and diplomacy. It was clear that T'Challa would succeed his father as ruler of the nation. And that was a fact that caused resentment and anger to well up in Jakkara.

Not ready to be stepped over, Jakkara used his cunning to stage a cue. With the military behind him, one bloody night Jakkara killed his father, mother, and all political members loyal to the old regime. Now a military state with Jakkara appointed King, Wakanda has shut it's borders with the outside world. With a warning to the US and the rest of the world to stay out of Wakandan affairs, Jakkara has halted the trade market of vibranium from leaving the country. Many now believe that he is using his stockpile of the mineral to build weapons of mass destruction that Jakkara will use to attack his rivals and expand his domain.

T'Challa barely was able to escape the palace alive that fateful night. But he was able to flee the country thanks to his grandmother, Chanda. Before they parted ways, Chanda gave T'Challa a special suit. A suit given to Wakanda's protector throughout the years. His father, T'Chaka wore it in service of his country, and now it was T'Challa's turn. He would be the new Black Panther, and would one day avenge the murder of his father and mother, and save his homeland from his brother's iron grip.

The suit of the Black Panther was a technological masterpiece. Equipped with energy-dampening boots, eye-lenses that enhance his already potent vision, advanced cloaking technology, claws made of antarctic vibranium, vibranium throwing daggers, and made of vibranium microweave mesh providing protection from being stabbed and even being impervious to small arms fire.

To complete the transformation into the Black Panther, Chanda gave T'Challa the special herb of the Panther Clan that increased his abilities and senses. Now the Black Panther travels to America, seeking asylum and aid in restoring his country to peace once again.

Three reasons why you have chosen that character: I like the Black Panther. I've been trying to decide on a second character for a couple weeks, and the pot gave me some ideas for T'Challa. Jungle fever, baby!

What can you bring to this game? Experience in RPing.

How many times do you intend on posting a DAY IN the RPG: As many as I ****ing feel like.

BlackPanther-7.jpg

Provide a small sample post for your character, about 4 paragraphs with at least one line of dialogue:

T'Challa leaped from rooftop to rooftop across Hell's Kitchen as the rain muggy night breeze whistled around him.
He had been in the states for just two weeks, but T'Challa was already familiar with the lay of the land. He had made sure to study the area extensively on his journey to New York, as well as familiarize himself with the plethora of super-humans in the country, from the Ultimates to the Sinister Six.

It was what had taken up most of his time even upon reaching the states. Tonight was actually the first night T'Challa had been able to get out and feel the freedom of this concrete jungle first hand. He crouched on the side of the complex building, looking out into the night.
T'Challa closed his eyes, allowing his senses to take center stage.

He felt the temperature drop, alerting him to the coming rain...the smell coming from the fresh baked breads from the shop across the street tantalized his taste buds...the sound of a woman, crying for help a dozen or so blocks away.

T'Challa immediately went into action, racing across the rooftops like a hunting cat towards the sound of the imperiled innocent...

I am going to try my goddamndest to post as Thor tomorrow (sunday).

You bet your ass it is. And we'll try our hardest to write our respective characters better than Jeph Loeb has in the past.

Which should be about as hard as not choking on yogurt.

What's yoghart? Because that actually does sound like you'd choke on it.

I can't spell, you know this by now. Even if the word I'm trying to spell is in the post above mine.

Ok, the battle for New York is intriguing me, so I's gots to get involved.

Screen Name: Johnny Blaze

Character you would like to play: T'Challa, the Black Panther

Powers: The ingesting of a special herb has granted T'Challa feline-like senses (enhanced smell, sight, hearing, etc), increased his already formidable physical attributes (strength, speed, stamina, durability, etc), and enables him to heal in half the time as it would take a regular human.

History: T'Challa was born to the royal family of the African nation, Wakanda. A technological juggernaut compared to the rest of the country, Wakanda was one of the most powerful nations in the world thanks to their stranglehold on the metal, vibranium. One of the strongest and unique metals in the world. Ruled by his father, the wise T'Chaka, Wakanda did much to help it's war torn and plagued continent by way of cures for diseases and food to those starving.

T'Challa grew up a pampered life along side his older brother, Jakkara. Since he was born, his father saw to it that they were both trained to perfect their mind and body. T'Challa quickly showed himself to be better than his brother in all areas, excelling in his martial, survivalist, and weapons training to his studies in the fields of science, language, and diplomacy. It was clear that T'Challa would succeed his father as ruler of the nation. And that was a fact that caused resentment and anger to well up in Jakkara.

Not ready to be stepped over, Jakkara used his cunning to stage a cue. With the military behind him, one bloody night Jakkara killed his father, mother, and all political members loyal to the old regime. Now a military state with Jakkara appointed King, Wakanda has shut it's borders with the outside world. With a warning to the US and the rest of the world to stay out of Wakandan affairs, Jakkara has halted the trade market of vibranium from leaving the country. Many now believe that he is using his stockpile of the mineral to build weapons of mass destruction that Jakkara will use to attack his rivals and expand his domain.

T'Challa barely was able to escape the palace alive that fateful night. But he was able to flee the country thanks to his grandmother, Chanda. Before they parted ways, Chanda gave T'Challa a special suit. A suit given to Wakanda's protector throughout the years. His father, T'Chaka wore it in service of his country, and now it was T'Challa's turn. He would be the new Black Panther, and would one day avenge the murder of his father and mother, and save his homeland from his brother's iron grip.

The suit of the Black Panther was a technological masterpiece. Equipped with energy-dampening boots, eye-lenses that enhance his already potent vision, advanced cloaking technology, claws made of antarctic vibranium, vibranium throwing daggers, and made of vibranium microweave mesh providing protection from being stabbed and even being impervious to small arms fire.

To complete the transformation into the Black Panther, Chanda gave T'Challa the special herb of the Panther Clan that increased his abilities and senses. Now the Black Panther travels to America, seeking asylum and aid in restoring his country to peace once again.

Three reasons why you have chosen that character: I like the Black Panther. I've been trying to decide on a second character for a couple weeks, and the pot gave me some ideas for T'Challa. Jungle fever, baby!

What can you bring to this game? Experience in RPing.

How many times do you intend on posting a DAY IN the RPG: As many as I ****ing feel like.

BlackPanther-7.jpg

Provide a small sample post for your character, about 4 paragraphs with at least one line of dialogue:

T'Challa leaped from rooftop to rooftop across Hell's Kitchen as the rain muggy night breeze whistled around him.

He had been in the states for just two weeks, but T'Challa was already familiar with the lay of the land. He had made sure to study the area extensively on his journey to New York, as well as familiarize himself with the plethora of super-humans in the country, from the Ultimates to the Sinister Six.

It was what had taken up most of his time even upon reaching the states. Tonight was actually the first night T'Challa had been able to get out and feel the freedom of this concrete jungle first hand. He crouched on the side of the complex building, looking out into the night.
T'Challa closed his eyes, allowing his senses to take center stage.

He felt the temperature drop, alerting him to the coming rain...the smell coming from the fresh baked breads from the shop across the street tantalized his taste buds...the sound of a woman, crying for help a dozen or so blocks away.

T'Challa immediately went into action, racing across the rooftops like a hunting cat towards the sound of the imperiled innocent...
your approved. :up:

grr foiled again! :cmad: :oldrazz:

Sorry for draggin my ass on Tarantula. I'll get a post up soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"