The Ultimate Marvel RPG Vol. 2: New World Sign-Up/OOC Thread

So, there room in the Ultimates for anotha brotha?

Also, am I to assume that the Madrox/Asgardian clones are attacking all of NYC?

Last edited:
Can I check who's currently on the X-Men team and who's playing who with them?

The current team roster is.

Wolverine
Cyke
Jean
Beast
Storm
Gambit
Rogue
Dazzler
Angel
X-23
Nightcrawler
Kitty
Iceman
and Prof. X

As for player controlled X-men I'm all by my lonesome with Cyke and Angel.

Last edited:
Screen Name: Red_Robin77

Character you would like to play: James Howlett (Wolverine)

Powers and a brief description of the character in proper English: Wolverine has a regenerative healing factor, making him take most physical punishment before returning back to life completely healed. He also has a skeleton laced with adamantium, even having retractable claws made of adamantium.

Wolverine was taken by Colonel John Wraith to be used in the Weapon X Project. There, Howlett's memory was erased and his skeleton was laced with adamantium, as well as giving him retractable claws. Given the name "Logan", Howlett was tortured and used on a variety of missions for many years. Years later, with the help of Nick Fury after saving him in the Gulf War, Howlett escaped the Project where he was found by the Brotherhood of Mutants.

After being sent on a mission by Magneto to kill Professor Charles Xavier, Howlett found himself interested in this third option that was given to him, especially having found interest in Jean Grey. Howlett switches sides and is now a loyal member to the X-Men.

Three reasons why you have chosen that character:
1. Wolverine is an awesome character, especially Ultimate Wolverine.
2. We need X-Men, so I went for one.
3. It's a type of character I haven't tried out yet in the RPGs.

What can you bring to this game? I can bring an X-Men player with some good ideas and somebody who wants to revive this RPG.

How many times do you intend on posting a DAY IN the RPG: As many as I need to.

Do you know how to post pictures on the hype boards:
300px-Ultimate_X-Men_33.jpg

Provide a small sample post for your character, about 4 paragraphs with at least one line of dialouge:

"Let's dance, Vicki,"
I growl to the looming shadow of a man.

The remains of the bar surround me, with the door off it's hinges. The various patrons had scattered into hiding places, in toilets and behind old duke boxes that haven't played in years.

The figure steps into the bars, barring his large sharp teeth angrily. I face Sabretooth head on, my claws out ready to strike him.

"Shut it!"

I feel the wind burst out of me as Sabretooth smacks into me, knocking me into the shelves of spirit bottles behind the bar. The glass shatters and digs into my back, causing me to sneer.

"Was that meant to hurt?"

Angrily, I punch out with my fist, my claws scratching away skin and blood from his chest. He moves his fist out to meet my claws, his claws extending and they class with a clang. I send my other set of claws firing into the leg of the brute in front of me, making him wail in pain.

"AAAUUURGGHH! Fight me properly damn it!"

"What do you think I'm doing?"

I shove one set of claws into the face of Sabretooth, while the others stab the large idiot in the chest, right on through to the otherside. I tretract the claws and walk over to the bar, taking a sip of my whisky.

In a blur of activity, the scenery of the bar melts away to show the Danger Room, where I take off my helmet and throw it aside.

"Gonna need to improve that one Beast. I just wasn't feeling it..."

"The programming is taking some time to get the skill of Sabretooth, I'm afraid."

"Just as long as I get a challenge out of it McCoy, you can spare me the details."

approved. Expect a pm soon because alot of sheit is going down with the X-men.

Last edited:
This shouldn't come as a surprise: I'm dropping Venom.

This should: I'm dropping Spider-Woman.

I've gotta trim down characters for college, and I haven't done anything with these two in a long while. And I haven't felt the motivation to do anything with them in that time, either. I'll be keeping Norman, but only through the end of this arc (which was always my plan). If I have more time, I may yet return to Spider-Woman - but that spark has to be rekindled before I do.

ULTIMATE MARVEL RPG VOL.2 SIGN-UP FORM

Screen Name: Mr Muggles the magic hamster

Character you would like to play: Remy LeBeau/Gambit

Powers and a brief description of the character in proper English: Remy has the ability to kinetically charge objects, infusing them with energy and making them explode. In short, he's Michael Bay's wet dream.

1. My favorite X-Man since I was about 5
2. We need more X-Men
3. The X-Roster is now officially where it was at the beginning of the season... That's progress!

What can you bring to this game? Card-Throwing, Cajun-accented ladies man with a penchant for getting into trouble

How many times do you intend on posting a DAY IN the RPG: As many as I can physically churn out.

Do you know how to post pictures on the hype boards: Yahuh

Provide a small sample post for your character, about 4 paragraphs with at least one line of dialouge:

A seedy, dank alleyway curved off into a labyrinth of smaller paths, many of them old haunts for criminals or mutants, sometimes something much worse.
A dimly lit bar illuminated the surrounding area with a hazy glow. Inside the smoky atmosphere assaulted every single sense, the smell making your eyes water immediately.

"I’m warnin’ you LeBeau, I don’t want none of them card tricks of yours" A burly man warned, his cards held closely to his chest.

"Now why would I go and do something as stupid as that, I’ve already taken most o' your money, be a shame ta ruin the evenin’" Came the cocky reply from a very confident young Cajun. The dim light casting shadows over his face.

‘HEY! What’s that I just saw, you just put that ace up your sleeve!’

"Now now Gentlemen, I taken this money fair an square, I wouldn’t dare steal money from you three now would I? Lil’ old me against you big guys, I wouldn’t stand a chance."

"Look, Thief, We aint leavin here till we get our money back.’

Gambit feels a sharp tug on his sleeve and is dragged out of his chair. A card falls gracefully to the ground.

"See! Look here I knew this guy was pocketin aces!"

‘Wrong, I think you’ll find that that there card is the queen hearts. My lucky lady...’ Gambit says, his voice barely a whisper, for the first time the shadows pull back, revealing his scarlet on black eyes.

A window explodes in a burst of pink and purple flame, a group of men come crashing out unconscious. Gambit sauntered out of the bar and turned to see the mess he'd made.

"Aww, real nice o you to walk ol' Gambit to the door" The mutant grinned slyly looking at the chaos and bodies he'd caused. "But ah think I can handle it from 'ere"

(Sample not within continuity.)

Apologies for the non-formatted App... I really couldn't be arsed.

Okay so why is Michael Bay's name a link that takes you to the page that app was originally posted on?

I am confused.

ULTIMATE MARVEL RPG VOL.2 SIGN-UP FORM

Screen Name: Mr Muggles the magic hamster

Character you would like to play: Remy LeBeau/Gambit

Powers and a brief description of the character in proper English: Remy has the ability to kinetically charge objects, infusing them with energy and making them explode. In short, he's Michael Bay's wet dream.

1. My favorite X-Man since I was about 5
2. We need more X-Men
3. The X-Roster is now officially where it was at the beginning of the season... That's progress!

What can you bring to this game? Card-Throwing, Cajun-accented ladies man with a penchant for getting into trouble

How many times do you intend on posting a DAY IN the RPG: As many as I can physically churn out.

Do you know how to post pictures on the hype boards: Yahuh

A seedy, dank alleyway curved off into a labyrinth of smaller paths, many of them old haunts for criminals or mutants, sometimes something much worse.
A dimly lit bar illuminated the surrounding area with a hazy glow. Inside the smoky atmosphere assaulted every single sense, the smell making your eyes water immediately.

"I’m warnin’ you LeBeau, I don’t want none of them card tricks of yours" A burly man warned, his cards held closely to his chest.

"Now why would I go and do something as stupid as that, I’ve already taken most o' your money, be a shame ta ruin the evenin’" Came the cocky reply from a very confident young Cajun. The dim light casting shadows over his face.

‘HEY! What’s that I just saw, you just put that ace up your sleeve!’

"Now now Gentlemen, I taken this money fair an square, I wouldn’t dare steal money from you three now would I? Lil’ old me against you big guys, I wouldn’t stand a chance."

"Look, Thief, We aint leavin here till we get our money back.’

Gambit feels a sharp tug on his sleeve and is dragged out of his chair. A card falls gracefully to the ground.

"See! Look here I knew this guy was pocketin aces!"

‘Wrong, I think you’ll find that that there card is the queen hearts. My lucky lady...’ Gambit says, his voice barely a whisper, for the first time the shadows pull back, revealing his scarlet on black eyes.

A window explodes in a burst of pink and purple flame, a group of men come crashing out unconscious. Gambit sauntered out of the bar and turned to see the mess he'd made.

"Aww, real nice o you to walk ol' Gambit to the door" The mutant grinned slyly looking at the chaos and bodies he'd caused. "But ah think I can handle it from 'ere"

(Sample not within continuity.)

Apologies for the non-formatted App... I really couldn't be arsed.

Okay so why is Michael Bay's name a link that takes you to the page that app was originally posted on?

I am confused.
I know I was wondering that aswell. Guess Bay's influence made it to the hype. *waits for the hype to explode*

Approved. :up:

Sorry for the wait Robin. Chances are slim for a post tonight but I'll try an get one up tomorrow.

whew post was getting longer than expected. I'll have the second half up tomorrow.

So...is anyone planning on stopping the T-Bolts, or should I just have them take over the world? :huh:

Looks like it's up to Doom.

Lesser of two evils and all that :o

There's your response you dastardly villains. Question: how did Doom's uber-carrier get to New York without getting shot down by the US army?

Yes, I am.

I'm just not pathetic enough to let death stop me from posting :cmad:

Sorry for not posting today guys. Had a really ****** day and right now all I feel like doing is getting ****faced and passing out. I'll get Angel, Tarantula, and Cyke posts up tomorrow.

Hey guys, my creative juices are a'flowing again and I think I'm ready to come back. Not sure who I'm gonna apply for yet, can anyone give me a quick catch-up on what I've missed?

Poor Hawkeye. He's worthless now that he's dead. :csad:

Though the body will still be warm for a little while after...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"