The Ultimate Marvel RPG Vol. 2: New World Sign-Up/OOC Thread

No one is limiting anyone on anything. If someone wants to play an X-men character by all means please do It'll make this arc move faster if not nothing is stopping you from doing something else. No one has been telling anyone who they can or can't play. Participation-wise Red Robin and Gallagher is playing last I checked. They've just been waiting for me. As for explaining what going down its pretty simple.

Warren starts development of a mutant cure via his company. Fallen attacks Warren, defeats him, and take his place. Fallen plans on using the cure against the world. X-men will eventually stop him.

Thats it. Why is this a problem?

Last edited:
No one is limiting anyone on anything. If someone wants to play an X-men character by all means please do It'll make this arc move faster if not nothing is stopping you from doing something else. No one has been telling anyone who they can or can't play. Participation-wise Red Robin and Gallagher is playing last I checked. They've just been waiting for me. As for explaining what going down its pretty simple.

Warren starts development of a mutant cure via his company. Fallen attacks Warren, defeats him, and take his place. Fallen plans on using the cure against the world. X-men will eventually stop him.

Thats it. Why is this a problem?
You're limiting people by setting up the entire arc that the X-Men will eventually participate in. The current X-Men (and anyone who wants to play one), one of the most popular teams in the entire Marvel Universe, are being told, "yeah, you can pick up anyone you want, but when the **** goes down, be ready for it." While that's the same as what would happen with the Ultimates, the arc that the Ultimates are in isn't being constructed by a single person.

Alright I had planned for this to happen once I got this arc finished and got some closure for two of my favorite characters but it looks like thats not gonna happen. I thought it would never happen but real life caught up to me and I really don't have the time needed for this game anymore if my activity over the last two+ weeks wasn't an indication. I just wanted to say that it was truly an honor work with alot of you and I hope you all keep writing because there is serious talent among these games, talent that Marvel and DC should definitely look into. This game has been such a major part of my life for the last four years and it really helped me through the roughest part of my life so far, I honestly don't know what would've happened if I didn't have this to keep my mind occupied. As for who will take my place I leave that decision to you all, I got the GM spot because the players at the time thought I should take it. It only seems right to keep that tradition going. I may not be playing but I'll still be around reading the IC so keep up the awesome work.

Goodbye.

:sym:

Last edited:
Sorry to see you go, Venom. Shame we never got the chance to work together all that much.
I'll spark one up for you. :csad:

So, with EB gone, how are we going to handle Osborn? Will everybody be NPCing him, or will one person be put in charge of portraying him?

Alright I had planned for this to happen once I got this arc finished and got some closure for two of my favorite characters but it looks like thats not gonna happen. I thought it would never happen but real life caught up to me and I really don't have the time needed for this game anymore if my activity over the last two+ weeks wasn't an indication. I just wanted to say that it was truly an honor work with alot of you and I hope you all keep writing because there is serious talent among these games, talent that Marvel and DC should definitely look into. This game has been such a major part of my life for the last four years and it really helped me through the roughest part of my life so far, I honestly don't know what would've happened if I didn't have this to keep my mind occupied. As for who will take my place I leave that decision to you all, I got the GM spot because the players at the time thought I should take it. It only seems right to keep that tradition going. I may not be playing but I'll still be around reading the IC so keep up the awesome work.

Goodbye.

:sym:

Dude... :csad:

See you around man. Hope you come back and check that I haven't murdered Byrd every now and then.

So who do we actually have as GM's now?

... No one?

Sounds good to me. :up:

And I'm going to let one of you three open things up with Osborn.

So, we've all heard that if "something ain't broke, don't fix it." I'm just wondering if, perhaps, the game itself needs some fixing. Before the reboot, things were slow and, after the reboot, it seems that things have gotten even slower. With EB dropping out, we don't have a main antagonist, and with Venom160 gone, the X-Men are in a slump as well. If we want this thing to get a-kickin' again, we'll need old faces to come back. There aren't that many keeping this thing afloat anymore, and, after Osborn's dispensed with, there might not really be much of an arc to keep things going.

That said, here's an idea I've been throwing around. While I'm not in favor of a complete reboot, since that would render this season somewhat meaningless, I'm interested in at least simplifying the stories we've been telling. Good guys against bad guys. With the super-duper-solo arc that Venom160 had going, the X-Men are all but locked up, and, after the Green Goblin and Thunderbolts are gone, the only big threat left will be Doom, who hasn't got much in the way of planning done.

While I don't want to say that I think we should reboot, I am in favor of dropping the stories from the older seasons, throwing Osborn in jail, and having Doom as an antagonist for after the Osborn arc. Basically, I want to get rid of what was kept with the last reboot, making this the first season of the game. The real one. That way, people who didn't read the Cable arc or weren't interested in it don't have to deal with it. Aside from continuity cut-offs in the books, all people will have to know will be that Norman Osborn formed the Thunderbolts and now they're in custody.

In all honesty, I think the way to go about reinvigorating the game isn't by trying to entice new players, but by trying to bring back old ones who have been alienated.

Yes. I want to join, but have no idea what's what with the current 'partial' reboot this game has going, which is why I keep abstaining.

I've got plans to set the Red Skull's plot in motion after the Thunderbolts stuff finishes. But that could work if we dropped the old stories and jumped ahead a bit.
T'Challa wouldn't really be affected by a leap ahead either.

So, yeah, I'm for wiping all the arcs from the previous game away. After all, this game really isn't a reboot if some of the previous continuity was kept. Might as well make it a true reboot like it's supposed to be and get rid of it.

The partial reboot really pissed me off. I thought that my stuff in the previous season with Clint mourning Natasha's death was some of my best work, and for some reason the higher ups thought that erasing that and not erasing the Cable arc (during which I played my least favourite character) would save the game. The reason a reboot worked in Heroes vs Villains was that people, certainly myself, were put off by the marathon continuity and I don't think that was such an issue with Ultimate Marvel. This isn't really saying anything, I just felt like a rant.

Yeah, I still don't get why the partial reboot. Not rightly fair that one person gets to keep their stories when everyone else doesn't? :huh:

Should have been all or nothing.

God ****ing damnit I would post so much more, and I'd apply for a second character if we did this. Not to say I haven't enjoyed Thor, because I truly have, but the continuity and "partial reboot" always kind of made me go "Awww ****" whenever I had to post in here.

Plus that whole Cable arc should really have ended with the Ultimates coming in to save the day. But we were doing Nexus. **** went down.

So ya'll are shooting for a re-reboot?

I'll be up for it under one condition.....we include the Disney characters.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
monke77
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"