Xbox The Xbox One - - Part 14

hey zenith, you're still here!!

oh, a 3rd Rail Gun season?? that's always good.

I guess maybe my interest has waned because there haven't been series that really interested me lately.

also, I think the personal issues I've been going through the past year have played a part. I've kind of lost interest in a lot of entertainment stuff. and also, I find I don't have much leisure time anyways. so I just play a little Xbox when I have time.

But a series like Rail Gun brings up another issue as to why I find my interest in anime waning. The Rail Gun characters are all, what, middle school girls? And that's the case with most anime series. The main characters tend to be high school age or middle school age ( who are treated and act like high school age....lol ). and as I get older, I guess that appeals to me less. you know what I mean?

And some oversexualize the middle school characters which is downright creepy......

This may also coincide with my waning interest in JRPGs and those "niche" anime fighting games on the PS4 ( which used to be a main draw of PlayStation for me over Xbox ) and on the PS4 in general. Again, JRPGs tend to be anime influenced and tend to feature younger-skewed characters. Not always the case, of course.
I'm still leaving I just have some thing the need to be moved to the multiplat area befor I leave the hype . it firgue so many games are going that on the month I was suposed to leave .evil of them . as to rail gun misika does try to transfer to toma's school. she only a year younger then him.

japan seem to like doing middle school and high schooler' cause college and university there is more serious and it take up too much of your life and unless your aiming to me some sort of cop or fed you can't banlance these type of adventure's with school . the only on that allowed for free time as university student had to do with art school .and it its supposedly slice of life drama . other wise most of these character would be come drop outs. the only reason they use them is cause of the inspiration of stan lee.

Last edited:
I'm still leaving I just have some thing the need to be moved to the multiplat area befor I leave the hype . it firgue so many games are going that on the month I was suposed to leave .evil of them . as to rail gun misika does try to transfer to toma's school. she only a year younger then him.

japan seem to like doing middle school and high schooler' cause college and university there is more serious and it take up too much of your life and unless your aiming to me some sort of cop or fed you can't banlance these type of adventure's with school . the only on that allowed for free time as university student had to do with art school .and it its supposedly slice of life drama . other wise most of these character would be come drop outs. the only reason they use them is cause of the inspiration of stan lee.

yeah. good point. I suppose it would be harder for a magical girl with transforming outfits and talking animal sidekick to save the world from evil if she's in college…...lol.

do you know when the new Rail Gun series will come out?

and we'll miss you from the Hype. hope you can return in the future.

yeah. good point. I suppose it would be harder for a magical girl with transforming outfits and talking animal sidekick to save the world from evil if she's in college…...lol.

do you know when the new Rail Gun series will come out?

and we'll miss you from the Hype. hope you can return in the future.
well I am gonna say one last thing .Well stan lee invented the teen heroes most people grow up with and it get's people to stay as fans of the characters. .Lastly if you want more adult heroes the anime I just suggested has a misture of both .there are adult heroes inthe action of Bungou Stray Dogs Dub& Bungou Stray Dogs 2nd Season Dub

there's alsways somnething with anime you just have dig deep though but some thing can always be found it's good alternative some others inthe west. let know if want some more similar I'll try find them for ya .

well I am gonna say one last thing .Well stan lee invented the teen heroes most people grow up with and it get's people to stay as fans of the characters. .Lastly if you want more adult heroes the anime I just suggested has a misture of both .there are adult heroes inthe acto of Bungou Stray Dogs Dub& Bungou Stray Dogs 2nd Season Dub

there's alsways somnething with anime you just have dig deep though but some thing can always be found
yeah. that's a good point about teen heroes.

yeah. that's a good point about teen heroes.
it's a point to make that the truth of the matter is min most cases younger heroes are more openminded
it mirror realife. some us human still havefully learned properly or forget. oh as to rail gun

index is coming out first and be put up on streems now. it's not complete but episode was just put up. I'll pm you the links of the englis dub anime streaming you can find them on. and the english anime news site to find new on them on too .

it's a point to make that the truth of the matter is min most cases younger heroes are more openminded
it mirror realife. some us human still havefully learned properly or forget. oh as to rail gun

index is coming out first and be put up on streems now. it's not complete but episode was just put up. I'll pm you the links of the englis dub anime streaming you can find them on. and the english anime news site to find new on them on too .
oh, that's ok. I'll check out the anime sites I frequent for the Index episodes. thanks for letting me know about that.

oh, that's ok. I'll check out the anime sites I frequent for the Index episodes. thanks for letting me know about that.
lol I already sentthe pm but I also sentthenews sites so you'll always know . the latter onesis what's important. . any check out Bungou Stray Dogs Dub& Bungou Stray Dogs 2nd Season Dub

it'll scratch that itch you seek, and may be try psycho pass or darker then black the anime they have more older character that aren't in high school or lower.

lol I already sentthe pm but I also sentthenews sites so you'll always know . the latter onesis what's important. . any check out Bungou Stray Dogs Dub& Bungou Stray Dogs 2nd Season Dub

it'll scratch that itch you seek, and may be try psycho pass or darker then black the anime they have more older character that aren't in high school or lower.
hey, thanks, man!

maybe you'll be the one responsible for rekindling my love of anime. ;)

Last edited:
I'm looking forward to this weekend's X018 event.

hope we finally get a firm release date for Crackdown as well as some new gameplay. I would also like to know if the game offers character creation.

hope we get confirmation MS did buy Obsidian, as the rumors have suggested.

also want to get a tease of the new Fable game. would be nice if it's a true open world game with full character creation.

new, unexpected exclusives would also be welcome.

and I'd like to see the extent of keyboard/mouse support on Xbox. will we finally be able to use a mouse to navigate apps on Xbox, like the Edge browser?

I'm looking forward to this weekend's X018 event.

hope we finally get a firm release date for Crackdown as well as some new gameplay. I would also like to know if the game offers character creation.

hope we get confirmation MS did buy Obsidian, as the rumors have suggested.

also want to get a tease of the new Fable game. would be nice if it's a true open world game with full character creation.

new, unexpected exclusives would also be welcome.

and I'd like to see the extent of keyboard/mouse support on Xbox. will we finally be able to use a mouse to navigate apps on Xbox, like the Edge browser?
Oh yeah, didn’t hear any more about that Obsidian thing. Is there a Fable game being made? Great if so. And if we’re getting keyboard support it only makes sense that we get to use it with the browser.

Oh yeah, didn’t hear any more about that Obsidian thing. Is there a Fable game being made? Great if so. And if we’re getting keyboard support it only makes sense that we get to use it with the browser.
The rumor/speculation is that the Forza Horizon studio is working on a new Fable game.

The rumor/speculation is that the Forza Horizon studio is working on a new Fable game.
Hmm, will be interesting to see what they can do with that. Quite a different type of game obviously. I loved what I saw of that cancelled Fable game so hopefully they can make it look even better than that.

Hmm, will be interesting to see what they can do with that. Quite a different type of game obviously. I loved what I saw of that cancelled Fable game so hopefully they can make it look even better than that.
I want an open world RPG set in the Fable world, with full character creator.

THAT would be an Xbox exclusive I can get behind!! :)

Xbox really needs an exclusive RPG franchise. Fable can fit that bill. and maybe Obsidian can help there, too.

also, I've seen reports that Sunset Overdrive has been rated for PC. maybe that's a sign MS wants to take another shot at that game and prepare for a sequel. That's another series that should be an Xbox staple.

I've also seen some reports that PC strategy games, like Age of Empire, have been "listed" for Xbox.

so maybe such PC games will come to Xbox with the new mouse/keyboard support.

would be nice if other PC games, like League of Legends, come to Xbox, too.

Last edited:
I want an open world RPG set in the Fable world, with full character creator.

THAT would be an Xbox exclusive I can get behind!! :)

Xbox really needs an exclusive RPG franchise. Fable can fit that bill. and maybe Obsidian can help there, too.

also, I've seen reports that Sunset Overdrive has been rated for PC. maybe that's a sign MS wants to take another shot at that game and prepare for a sequel. That's another series that should be an Xbox staple.

I've also seen some reports that PC strategy games, like Age of Empire, have been "listed" for Xbox.

so maybe such PC games will come to Xbox with the new mouse/keyboard support.

would be nice if other PC games, like League of Legends, come to Xbox, too.
Sounds good to me. There’s no reason why Fable can’t be a regular big exclusive for them with continuously improving production standards. Same goes for Sunset Overdrive, although I don’t know how the deal works with Insomniac.

I love pc strategy games so that would be great. And also LoL would be a huge one to get.

Sounds good to me. There’s no reason why Fable can’t be a regular big exclusive for them with continuously improving production standards. Same goes for Sunset Overdrive, although I don’t know how the deal works with Insomniac.

I love pc strategy games so that would be great. And also LoL would be a huge one to get.

yeah. looking forward to what they present today. hope the show won't be a disappointment.

anyways, I just won 3 free months of Game Pass!! :)

I'm interested to check out the service. It might be beneficial to me, as it could allow me to check out games without having to buy them. And if I do decide to buy them later on, they'd already be downloaded onto my Xbox.

Yay!! The FF XIII games are coming to BC!! ( next week, I think )

that's what I love about Xbox BC. there'd be no way to play the FF XIII games on PS4 unless if they're on PS Now or if they get remastered.

and with all these FF games coming to Xbox now, I'm more hopeful the VII Remake will come to an Xbox console, too. if/when the game ever comes out......lol.

they should also release and VIII port on Xbox along with a collection of the 1st six games. would be nice to be able to play all mainline FF games on one console.

Top, Industry
Microsoft acquires Obsidian Entertainment and inXile Entertainment
Published 1 day ago. 170 comments.
Two major RPG developers join the Microsoft family.

MS-Obsidian-inXile_11-10-18.jpg

Following rumors last week, Microsoft has announced that it has acquired Fallout: New Vegas and Pillars of Eternity developer Obsidian Entertainment, as well as Wasteland and The Bard’s Tale developer inXile Entertainment.

Here is an overview of each studio, via Microsoft:

Obsidian Entertainment

Obsidian Entertainment was founded in 2003 in Irvine, Calif. by industry veterans from Black Isle Studios, led by Feargus Urquhart. The studio quickly made a name for itself with the Xbox exclusive Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords. Over the last fifteen years, they have delivered genre-defining RPGs to players on both console and PC through titles including Fallout: New Vegas, South Park: The Stick of Truth, and Pillars of Eternity.

inXile Entertainment

inXile Entertainment is a team of industry veterans with decades of PC and RPG expertise. Led by Interplay founder Brian Fargo, inXile’s two development teams in Newport Beach, Calif. and New Orleans excel at creating vast worlds for players to explore with titles such as Wasteland 2, Torment: Tides of Numenera, Bard’s Tale IV, and the upcoming Wasteland 3.

The acquisitions are the latest in Microsoft’s efforts to build up its first-party. At E3 2018 in June, Microsoft announced the acquisitions of Undead Labs, Playground Games, Ninja Theory, and Compulsion Games.

Watch a message from Obsidian Entertainment below.

Also with below

Xbox One
16 new titles coming to Xbox Game Pass
Published 1 day ago. 4 comments.
PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds, Ori 1 and 2, Mutant Year Zero, and more.
Xbox-Game-Pass-16-Titles_11-10-18.jpg

Microsoft has announced 16 new titles coming to Xbox Game Pass.

Users who subscribe to Xbox Game Pass gain instant access to over 100 Xbox One titles, all listed here, for $9.99 a month. Starting today, November 10, the first month of Xbox Game Pass will be available for $1.

Here is the full list of new title announcements:

• Thief of Thieves: Season One (Rival Games) – Today
  • PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds (Bluehole, PUBG Corporation) – November 12
  • Agents of Mayhem (Deep Silver, Volition) – November 22
  • MXGP3: The Official Motocross Videogame (Milestone S.r.l.) – November 22
  • Thomas Was Alone (Bithell Games) – November 22
  • Mutant Year Zero: Road to Eden (Funcom, The Bearded Ladies) – December 4
  • Hellblade: Senua’s Sacrifice (Microsoft, Ninja Theory) – December 17
  • Kingdom: Two Crowns (Raw Fury, Noio, Coatsink) – December
  • Ori and the Blind Forest (Microsoft, Moon Studios) – December
  • Pathologic 2 (tinyBuild Games, Ice-Pick Lodge) – 2018
  • Supermarket Shriek (Billy Goat Entertainment) – Q1 2019
  • Ori and the Will of the Wisps (Microsoft, Moon Studios) – 2019
  • Void Bastards (Humble Bundle, Blue Manchu) – 2019
  • Aftercharge (Chainsawesome Games) – TBA
  • The Good Life (White Owls, Inc., Grounding, Inc.) – TBA
  • Secret Neighbor (tinyBuild Games, Dynamic Pixels, Hologryph) – TBA
Watch a trailer for the new titles below.

source: Gematsu - Japanese Video Game News

Great to hear Obsidian confirmed and interesting about the other studio (who I didn't know about).

I think @X Knight would be interested in this too. :cwink:
yes. it's good news. I've never heard of the other studio, either.

but both are RPG studios, so that helps shore up the RPG deficit on Xbox.

the downside, though, is that all this seems more positioned for next console, which doesn't do X1 much good. :(

but still it's good for the future and hopefully these studios will help Xbox with quality exclusives that become tied to the Xbox brand.

yes. it's good news. I've never heard of the other studio, either.

but both are RPG studios, so that helps shore up the RPG deficit on Xbox.

the downside, though, is that all this seems more positioned for next console, which doesn't do X1 much good. :(

but still it's good for the future and hopefully these studios will help Xbox with quality exclusives that become tied to the Xbox brand.
Buying companies is a long term strategy for sure. I don't know what they can do in the short term as creating and building up studios is also a long term play. It's a good sign for the future and their intent and commitment as Microsoft didn't seem bothered by this weakness in the past.

I agree with that. I think could gaming will supplement rather than replace traditional console gaming.

so, I downloaded the Nov update which adds the mouse support. Tried it with Edge app, but still doesn't work. :(

guess since it's on a per app/game basis, they'd prob have to update the Edge app to enable mouse support. hopefully it's something they do soon, cuz it would be kind of dumb to not allow you to use a mouse with Edge browser when a mouse is basically built for that task...….lol.

I agree with that. I think could gaming will supplement rather than replace traditional console gaming.

yeah. I don't see cloud gaming or digital only/streaming gaming replacing traditional console gaming, either.

for the simple fact that the networking infrastructure isn't there to support yet. not everyone has super fast high speeds or unlimited data caps.

yeah. I don't see cloud gaming or digital only/streaming gaming replacing traditional console gaming, either.

for the simple fact that the networking infrastructure isn't there to support yet. not everyone has super fast high speeds or unlimited data caps.
yet... that's where we are headed. I understand Microsoft's motivation in doing it now. It worked for them before when adopting a broadband infrastructure with the Xbox 360 and was applauded when players began reaping the fruits of MS's labor.

That being said, supplemental devices rarely stay so in the main stream. One or the other will go. My money is cloud gaming--for the following generation (Gen Alpha) that will have all their games nearly free and instantly accessible will expect this to be the next step in gaming.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"