The Xbox One - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I cringe every time someone mentions trading something in at Gamestop.

The GS I prefer is gimme some. Seriously, gimme some damn games over here... I'm bored.

Exactly. It' amazing things gamers are so shortisighted on.

Haha please, I was joking. I know patches come in with everything. Sometimes though their shouldn't be patches because their developer just isn't good. Fez I'm looking at you. Make a game that breaks and then release a patch that ruins the game even more and berate Microsoft for doing the right thing by pulling the patch. I can't stand that guy, he's a *****e that believes he's bigger than the world.

Haha please, I was joking. I know patches come in with everything. Sometimes though their shouldn't be patches because their developer just isn't good. Fez I'm looking at you. Make a game that breaks and then release a patch that ruins the game even more and berate Microsoft for doing the right thing by pulling the patch. I can't stand that guy, he's a *****e that believes he's bigger than the world.

No you weren't.

Yeah it didn't seem very jokey. And you getting angry about it now backs that up.

Try a smiley next time, that's what they're there for.

It was so blatantly ignorant that it came off as a joke to me.

And adding a smiley face? Might as well just add a " lol jk" at the end. Sorta defeats the purpose of the joke.

Not really when it comes to the internet. It's not like you can have a sarcastic ton over internet and it's not like that obvious to many gamers. Many gamers do say that.

do you think there's any chance MS will drop the mandatory Kinect for X1?

No. Unlike the DRM functions, it seems that the hardware and software embedded within the Xbox One seem dependent on the Kinect in order to do basic functions.

Also president turned denied the possibility of both losing Kinect and the possibility of a price drop.

No. Unlike the DRM functions, it seems that the hardware and software embedded within the Xbox One seem dependent on the Kinect in order to do basic functions.

Also president turned denied the possibility of both losing Kinect and the possibility of a price drop.

hmmm.....and that's unfortunate.

cuz that's really the only obstacle preventing me from getting truly excited about X1. :csad:

The only thing that kept me from getting excited (and from getting one the first year) is the whole "them trying to screw me over with restrictions" ordeal.

I find it hard to beleive that they cant patch that away, especially since there are still several months till release

After the first wave or two they will sell the 'slim' Xboxone for 100$ cheaper that simply has no Kinnect. I am almost certain of this.

didn't they also say that you could "control" the features of the Kinect? like turn certain features on or off??

if you can do that, that begs the question........if you're going to turn most of the features off and not use Kinect anyways, why even have it plugged?? why not just give us the option to unplug it and pack it away?? or, better yet, sell us a version that doesn't include Kinect?

maybe once the console goes on sale, if enough people "protest" it by not buying the X1, MS will take notice and give us the option of no Kinect......

Every X1 owner will now get to try Kinect if they want but no one will be forced to use it either aside from having it plugged in. I see no reason to fight it unless you actually are paranoid about being recorded.

Every X1 owner will now get to try Kinect if they want but no one will be forced to use it either aside from having it plugged in. I see no reason to fight it unless you actually are paranoid about being recorded.
Frankly, I don't trust any tech company these days when it comes to privacy policies. They've proven themselves to be in bed with the government far too often IMO.

I find it hard to beleive that they cant patch that away, especially since there are still several months till release
Because Kinect is an integral part of Microsoft's control scheme. The OS seems to be designed with Kinect on almost all the time for you to navigate the various movie, TV, internet, and sports options.

well, I guess time will tell.

no one expected MS to cave so quickly on all the DRM/Used Game policies either........

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"