The Xbox One - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cool idea hopefully it works like they want it to

No, they didn't. Defense Grids was the first game, it was free starting this week.

I thought ACII was for the second half of this month?

But PSN guys get games like Uncharted 3, Saints Row 3 as free games. Myself as a loyal XBOX Gold member for 5+ years gets Defense Grid. Can't they be a little more generous than that?

But PSN guys get games like Uncharted 3, Saints Row 3 as free games. Myself as a loyal XBOX Gold member for 5+ years gets Defense Grid. Can't they be a little more generous than that?

Deal with It!!! :o

Ouya isn't a REAL console... it's an android phone without the calling/texting that plugs into your tv.

EDIT: I'm half serious.

Already paid off $100 of my Xbox One pre-order. I'm thinking about trading in my 360 to Amazon, but obviously the price isn't ideal ($80) so I can use that gift card money to further reduce the price.

I'll consider eBaying it (and my games, and my old RROD 360 - for parts or whatever), but Amazon is just so convenient.

I guess my question for everyone here is what type of pricing have you gotten for trading in a 360 (and a RROD 360) to "official" places?

What model do you have? It seems to me like you could surely get more for your 360 by selling it on Amazon/eBay, could probably get at least a $100 if you have a later model. Gamestop may have some kind of deal that you get an extra percentage if you trade stuff specifically towards a console, they often do that at launch. Their trade-in values are usually ****, though.

I would never trade in my 360. What am I supposed to do with my games?

Skeet shooting!

Also, looking at Gamestop's website, they do have a deal running that you get 30% extra for trading in towards a system. Here's there site for game's trade in value: http://www.gamestop.com/trade-values, and also for trade value of other devices such as iPods and tablets: http://www.gamestop.com/recommerce/web/

Not sure on what the system's trade-in value is, though. If it was $80 from Amazon, probably about the same, if not less.

What model do you have? It seems to me like you could surely get more for your 360 by selling it on Amazon/eBay, could probably get at least a $100 if you have a later model. Gamestop may have some kind of deal that you get an extra percentage if you trade stuff specifically towards a console, they often do that at launch. Their trade-in values are usually ****, though.

Yeah I looked at the Gamestop site and I saw they had deals for trading in a console to pre-order the new systems, but I ****ing hate Gamestop. I think I've only ever traded in one thing there, my original Xbox. They are just a big rip-off. Amazon rips you off too, but it's not as blatant, and at least I can use the gift card money on a bigger variety of things.

I pre-ordered my console on Amazon because I'm in the process of transitioning/moving from grad-school to career and I will be changing cities. I heard Gamestop pre-orders can only be picked up at the specific store you pre-ordered from so it just wasn't worth it on multiple levels.

Plus before the trade-in specials at Gamestop I'm sure I would only get like $50 for my 4gig system (bought in 2010) and with the trade-in specials it would probably up it to $80 anyway. This is a bit of a rant but I just really hate Gamestop.

Anyway it sounds like my best bet would be to bundle my old not-working 360 with my new 360 on ebay along with all the games I own (about 6) and both controllers. I'll probably list everything for $175 and see what happens.

Oh well, if you're not doing GS, then I don't know what other places do trade ins beside Amazon.

Oh well, if you're not doing GS, then I don't know what other places do trade ins beside Amazon.

Thanks for responding though. Man I just wish Gamestop had some real competition. Once GameCrazy went bankrupt (remember them) there is basically no brick & mortar that force Gamestop to remain at least a bit honest. Le sigh, eBay it is.

Anyway, to go back on topic, which games are you most looking forward to playing on Xbox One - exclusives and non-exclusives.

Yeah, I would say selling is your best option then. I see the 4GB model going for $115 used on Amazon. If you lowball it at $100-105, I wouldn't be surprised if you got a bite. I would probably put it up for a month, and if nothing comes of it, go with the trade-in.

But as far as games, not much right now interests me. I like the Dead Rising series, so DR3 may be a potential buy when I get a One. Not sure when that'll be, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"