The Xbox One - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because Kinect is an integral part of Microsoft's control scheme. The OS seems to be designed with Kinect on almost all the time for you to navigate the various movie, TV, internet, and sports options.
I get what you are saying but again, I find it hard to believe they cant just remove that. IMO that's MS's way to justify throwing it out there as a bundle. I think if they really wanted to, this wouldn't be the case, but its obvious they are pushing Kinect.

Now have 2 games fully paid for and only $250 left to the console. Will be well under $200 after I trade in the 360, games and peripherals after GTA5. Figured I'd trade as much as I could now before they drop in trade value closer to November. Anyone else getting ready for the next gen already?

I get what you are saying but again, I find it hard to believe they cant just remove that. IMO that's MS's way to justify throwing it out there as a bundle. I think if they really wanted to, this wouldn't be the case, but its obvious they are pushing Kinect.

They claimed before that X1 was built around the always online features, and that it would require a complete overhaul to change it. All you'll need on release day is to download a patch. So yeah, don't trust MS on telling us the truth.

Now have 2 games fully paid for and only $250 left to the console. Will be well under $200 after I trade in the 360, games and peripherals after GTA5. Figured I'd trade as much as I could now before they drop in trade value closer to November. Anyone else getting ready for the next gen already?

Renew your powerups account and get a extra 50 percent trade in coupon.

Already pre-ordered ($50 deposit) just putting $100 away a month now so when it is released I have the money.

Report: The Man in Charge of Xbox Is Leaving Microsoft

Don Mattrick, who's been the public face for all things Xbox for the last few years, will be leaving Microsoft to take a top leadership role at Zynga, reports All Things D.

Most recently, Mattrick's been visible as the person who introduced the Xbox One, Microsoft's next-gen successor to the best selling Xbox 360. But the Redmond tech giant's been dogged by wave after wave of negative sentiment as the initial details about how the console would require a daily internet connection and handle used games. The backlash culminated in a shocking reversal where Microsoft removed these policies and features.

Mattrick joined Microsoft in 2007. Previously he'd been the head of worldwide studios at EA, where he'd worked in various roles for a quarter century. Mattrick was also a game designer, having co-created the racing series Test Drive when he was a teenager.

It's probably a good thing. Even if he was great at his job, his annoying face is associated with all the crap that's gone down over the last few months. Will be easier to turn things around with a new face at the helm.

Microsoft also changed this months two free games. To two extremely crappy ones

Microsoft also changed this months two free games. To two extremely crappy ones

No they didn't. People assumed that ACII and Halo 3 were going to be first but they never said that was the case. During the conference, they said they would kick off the program with ACII and Halo 3 in the next few months.

They were not clear in their press conference, but they never confirmed what the program would start with.

Major Nelson:
Sorry about the disappointment. Not sure how people started to assume that H3 and AC2 were coming in July. I thought it was pretty clear in the briefing, but I guess not that clear :(
link

Honestly, the whole Games with Gold thing is super weird to me. They announced it only as a few month promotion that would most likely end at the end of the year, and the games they've chosen thus far have been odd choices.

I assume they are testing the waters to introduce a full PS+ style thing on Xbox One, but it all seems thrown together to me.

Last edited:
No they didn't. People assumed that ACII and Halo 3 were going to be first but they never said that was the case. During the conference, they said they would kick off the program with ACII and Halo 3 in the next few months.

They were not clear in their press conference, but they never confirmed what the program would start with.

Major Nelson:

link
That makes it sound like the first two games are AC2 and Halo 3. I think its fairly obvious why people would assume this

lol I was kind of looking forward to trying out a Halo game for the first time before my Gold subscription lapses. Oh well.

The full quote from the conference is:

And to kick off that program, I'd like to share just two of the titles we're going to offer over the next few months: Assassin's Creed II and Halo 3.

I think that's pretty clear that they would not necessarily be the first. A lot of news outlets reported it as such, though.

I prefer them to offer non core games as I pretty much own all core games over a certain age. I hope they continue some strategy like PS+ for XB1 after this temporary promotion. I don't think they need to offer as many games as PS+ as these are permanent so 2 games a month is more than enough. I'm slow at completing games, play anything, and have no need to play the newest thing that comes out on the day it comes out (aside from a few specific exceptions) so any kind of free game strategy will benefit me a lot.

Kinect will be able to scan redemption codes. No more typing in 25 digit codes, woot woot!

I admit that is a cool feature.....

but is it enough to sway me to buy the X1 with Kinect??

no.........

Kinect will be able to scan redemption codes. No more typing in 25 digit codes, woot woot!

Source?

I only ask because i saw a post earlier on Reddit of someone saying if Kinect is required they should at least scan codes.

Because I'm sure that was supposed to be a selling point of the X1. :o

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"