The Xbox One - Part 3

Discussion in 'Microsoft' started by Thread Manager, Jun 14, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tron Bonne

Tron Bonne All Ass, No Sass

I didn't say anything about it not holding up today. It's a fine game, but it's still a nealry 4 year old one that I'm sure a lot of Gold members have already played. Just a bit less of an exciting release than say ACIII or some other relatively new game.

2. Poetic Chaos

Poetic Chaos Hella fetch.

I'm getting Ryse and Kinect Sports day one. Gonna get Watch Dogs as soon as I beat Ryse. Really looking forward to D4, TitanFall and Quantum Break as far as exclusives go. Will get MGS5, KH3 and The Crew when they release. I'll wait and see when it comes to Witcher 3, DR3 and Mirrors Edge.

3. 113

113 Well-Known Member

So Ryse will utilize Kinect? I'm interested in checking it out, has the potential to be the Xbox's equivalent of God of War.

4. Soapy

Soapy Well-Known Member

Ryse was originally a Kinect-only game...

People keep saying this, but...why? Maybe I missed something, but based on the footage they showed at E3 it doesn't look anything like God of War.

5. Havok83

Havok83 Well-Known Member

It looks nothing like GoW and plays nothing like it. The only thing they share in common is being set in ancient times

6. SolarTiger

SolarTiger Well-Known Member

Ryse looks legitimately awful. And from all the gameplay previews from the main gaming sites its a heavily scripted QTE (that the developers refuse to call QTE) game that looks beautiful.

Definitely not the next GoW.

7. Poetic Chaos

From the looks of the SINGLE gameplay trailer out, there seems to be a shield button, attack, counter and then, yes, QTE finishers. That still leaves plenty of combat under your control.

8. SolarTiger

SolarTiger Well-Known Member

One review I read said he literally put the controller on the table and the game still finished off the combat for him. And when he asked why, he was told they don't want the game to frustrate people.

Here it is:

9. Poetic Chaos

Good thing we're still 5 months from release. We'll see how it turns out.

10. ThePowerCosmic

:dry:

It's like wtf is the point of even playing the game?

Last edited: Jul 4, 2013
  11. Clerk

Clerk You Look Plump Today

Honestly, they could've revealed the raddest machine this side of the Power Glove, and I still would've made the switch from Microsoft to Sony. The past few years of Xbox trying to pander to the Kinect crowd while only making Gears/Forza/Halo (especially when Sony is putting out products like Last of US) pretty much made me realized that I was on the wrong horse.

While I don't think there's anything wrong with the Xbox One itself, the mentality behind it has me switching machines. Which is a bummer, cause I bought the original Xbox on day one, but it feels like Microsoft is treating gamers like the lepers necessary to do business with so that they can push TV later on.

12. Poetic Chaos

That just doesn't seem like a feature that will stick. QTE without consequence makes the whole thing pointless. I'd be very disappointed if it stays that way.

13. Tron Bonne

Tron Bonne All Ass, No Sass

Oh, this can't be right. What's the point of even having the QTEs then, why not just make it an animation.

14. Whiskey Tango

Whiskey Tango Well-Known Member

*sigh* :doh:

15. Iceman

Iceman Daffy Duck Vs The Joker

Can understand that. They definitely dropped the ball in the 2nd half of this generation for new exclusive games after a great start, while Sony released great new games every year and kept strengthening their lineup. I think they are trying to redress that during the early part of the XB1 but time will tell.

16. Iceman

Iceman Daffy Duck Vs The Joker

Can't open the link but read about this elsewhere. I hope it works like they say as it's something I've always wanted. The 360 reputation system is not taken seriously by unsporting players. But if this works, a few years down the line when the true *******s are all playing against each other I want to create a bad account just to see how crazy those matches get. Everyone in the game modding, glitching, teabagging. screaming abuse & not being able to cheat enough to win against better cheaters lol.

17. Whiskey Tango

Whiskey Tango Well-Known Member

18. 113

113 Well-Known Member

It was a big mistake for Microsoft to not lock up Bioware for exclusives (at least Mass Effect exclusives). While yes the 2nd half of the 360s lifespan was pretty poor in terms of exclusive games I don't think PS3s lineup is that spectacular either. Apart from the Uncharted games nothing really appealed to me.

To me it actually sounds like Microsoft has heard people and is trying hard to have a lot of great exclusive games for the One. Just look at TitanFall, Quantum Break, The Crew, Ryse (whatever your initial impressions are I think it has a ton of potential).

I don't spend a ton of time gaming anymore, but I suspect I'll be spending a lot of time using my Xbox One, especially for BF4 and Titanfall.

19. Clerk

Clerk You Look Plump Today

I think the thing about Sony was that they were at least funding some AAA and indie experiences that pushed what video games could do. Whether you enjoyed titles like Journey, Last of Us, Heavy Rain is obviously subjective, but I was happy with how they tried to do more than "marines shoot stuff."

If TitanFall and The Crew were only Xbox One, I would be mad conflicted about my purchase, but with those getting PC and PS4 ports respectively, Quantum Break is the only one that looks interesting to me at least- I will agree that Microsoft isnt funding a typical marine shooter right there, so perhaps they are hearing the people in terms of exclusives. Ryse has potential with Crytek being behind it, so hopefully that turns out better than the QTE-fest we saw at E3.

But like ultimately, it just depends on your personal preferences. If Master Chief and Marcus tickle your fancy more than Kratos and Nathan Drake, then let the good times roll! Should be a great generation.

20. Midnyte_Sun

Midnyte_Sun Medianoche de Sol

Apparently my rating as a player is down pretty bad lol. Thats what I get when I have 5 people playing on it. How bad does it have to be until you get banned?

21. Donut

Donut Well-Known Member

The XBOX One will be at Comic Con

Last edited: Jul 9, 2013
  22. zenith16

zenith16 Well-Known Member

I'm not sure if this is real but this was put up

[​IMG]
    UPDATE: Microsoft Responds to NSA Surveillance Reports

2 hours 34 minutes ago - Following a report revealing its collaboration with the NSA, Microsoft has issued a statement regarding its privacy practices. Read More »

source: IGN & GI

Last edited: Jul 12, 2013
  23. Midnyte_Sun

Midnyte_Sun Medianoche de Sol

Its real. They have to cooperate with national security concerns.

24. zenith16

zenith16 Well-Known Member

25. 113

113 Well-Known Member

Just an update on my 360 trade-in/ebaying adventure in case anyone cared. Maybe my info well help others who are going to try and sell their 360s to buy an Xbox One.

So I ended up selling my 360 Slim + my RROD 360 (I was honest on the listing that it was completely bricked) + both controllers + 17 games for $200, $240 if you include shipping.

Initially I had listed everything for $250 going on the theory that it's always best to start high, even unrealistically so. When it didn't sell at that starting bid, I dropped it to $199 and it sold.

Basically, my advice to anyone who was in my previous dilemma of whether to trade-in to Amazon/Gamestop/Best Buy or try to sell on the open market is to go the eBay route. I suspect if I had just included the 360 Slim + 17 games I could have gotten $150 for it, which is worlds better than the trade ins I was getting from Amazon.

After all that, and after already putting down $150 on my Day-One pre-order, come release date I'll only be handing over ~$100 bucks. Psychologically that's an easier pill to swallow :)

Really excited for Xbox One!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.