TMOS Reviews Thread - Non Spoiler Review and Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aw man, SWEET. We'll be watching out for you. Thanks dude, can't wait to hear your feedback and I say that with a huge smile on my face:word:

Perfect! :) I can't wait to tell you guys about it!

I completely forgot to talk about Snyder. The man delivers his trademark visuals and phenomenal action scenes but this time he finally gets a good script to a movie. There isn't any slow motion action scenes but they definitely play with speed in this movie as we've seen in tv spots, the kryptonians definitely use their super speed to their advantage. The man directed the crap out of this. He is able to get everyone to bring their A+ game to this movie and you can tell he's loving every second of it especially in the action scenes.

Thank you!-(He'd say it if he were here, you know he would)
zacksnyder_652_article_story_main.jpg

You know he'd be very happy to see your reaction. He seems almost as antsy to have it released as we are to watch it.)

Thanks for that. Kinda makes you wish Snyder would have included a cameo of himself.

I'd love to see more directors do Cameos in their own films, as long as they're Peter jackson style cameos and not tarantino style cameos.

Gotta say, it's a massive relief to see all these positive early reviews. And to hear that the movie not only works, but works really well.

Like a lot of people, I was worried this would be another flashy but hollow effort from Snyder, but thankfully that doesn't appear to be the case. In fact you can actually tell from the emotion that comes through in the trailers, which is something that you couldn't really say about his previous ones.

^ I thought this would be deep. Watchmen is a LOT more hollow than the book, but there's still a richness to the film.

Thanks for the reviews guys. One week to go and I seriously need to find something to keep me busy.

Superman TAS, an underrated show, is a good time-waster. Glad it came out when it did, can you imagine the backlash now? Those Batman guys are gonna RUIN Superman with the darkened costume! :D

I wonder what would have happened if MOS used black trunks like Superman: TAS.

I know you are just being helpful but if you start putting spoiler tags in this thread doesn't that defeat the purpose of this thread? If people want to know specific things, then they need to go and look/ask in the spoiler thread.

Chill.

- Jow

I wonder what would have happened if MOS used black trunks like Superman: TAS.

Fans would complain it's too DARK, and nonfans would complain it's dated. Besides they are a REALLY dark shade of red.
Superman_tas.jpg

Chill.

- Jow

Why should I chill? I brought up a valid point, and I've now found out another tid bit about the movie that I didn't want to know. Hence the reason why this 'Non spoiler' thread was created.

Why should I chill? I brought up a valid point, and I've now found out another tid bit about the movie that I didn't want to know. Hence the reason why this 'Non spoiler' thread was created.

I'm fine with a FEW instances of TAGGED spoilers, but this thread should remain 98 percent spoiler-free. IMHO.

I'm fine with a FEW instances of TAGGED spoilers, but this thread should remain 98 percent spoiler-free. IMHO.

The problem is when someone opens the spoiler tags and them comes back and replies in a subsequent post revealing what was hidden. imo it should be 100% spoiler tag free. Saying "I loved it" etc isn't a spoiler, revealing how he shaves is. Moving on......

Last edited:

You're upset that we don't get an answer to a question that a marketing campaign is asking? I didn't even ask specifically for a spoiler answer, all I asked was if the answer is given.

Albeit - the stupidest spoiler about the damn movie of all possible. Forgive me for asking a question irrelevant to the plot or character growth of the movie. Hell, it's not even a damn logistical question. I asked if we got an answer to a question that they're asking YET? As I did not even realize that no answer is the answer. I assumed it was given. I just wanted to know if it had been revealed. And while this is a non spoiler review thread - you apparently felt compelled to click on a spoiler drop down anyway despite being so apparently ardent against it.

Furthermore, as a fellow non-spoiler person - forgive me for not wanting to step in to the minefield of the spoiler thread for such an innocent question.

This is really a childish thing to act up about. If you're THAT dead set against spoilers - go to the non-spoiler FORUM.

[\End of Dumb Argument]

- Jow

THAT is TERRIBLE! That William guy tagged ALL his spoilers, but people parroted them without the tags. Fortunately, in this case, I have a bad memory. Makes watching movies easier, but school a lot more difficult. And don't ask me about my childhood. ;)

yeah, I think spoiler tags in here are fine, just be consistent with them. That exchange was ok except Anjow1060 should also have tagged his final reply

So the answer is actually they....

That one.

yeah, I think spoiler tags in here are fine, just be consistent with them. That exchange was ok except Anjow1060 should also have tagged his final reply

That one.

And that is the danger. It's the slippery slope once you allow any tags.

In fact you can actually tell from the emotion that comes through in the trailers, which is something that you couldn't really say about his previous ones.

I can. I've always said that Snyder gets good performances out of actors, and in fact I think Watchmen has some of the best performances of any comic book movie, and it's hardly 'hollow'.

And that is the danger. It's the slippery slope once you allow any tags.

Because they'll be OTHER people who will be like "Lois was duplicated from a reporter to destroy Superman?!!" even if someone is nice enough to effectively tag such shocking information.

You're upset that we don't get an answer to a question that a marketing campaign is asking? I didn't even ask specifically for a spoiler answer, all I asked was if the answer is given.

Albeit - the stupidest spoiler about the damn movie of all possible. Forgive me for asking a question irrelevant to the plot or character growth of the movie. Hell, it's not even a damn logistical question. I asked if we got an answer to a question that they're asking YET? As I did not even realize that no answer is the answer. I assumed it was given. I just wanted to know if it had been revealed. And while this is a non spoiler review thread - you apparently felt compelled to click on a spoiler drop down anyway despite being so apparently ardent against it.

Furthermore, as a fellow non-spoiler person - forgive me for not wanting to step in to the minefield of the spoiler thread for such an innocent question.

This is really a childish thing to act up about. If you're THAT dead set against spoilers - go to the non-spoiler FORUM.

[\End of Dumb Argument]

- Jow

Wrong I didn't click on the spoiler tags. Someone read it, responded to it, and revealed what was hidden.

Then the response should be reported. I didn't read it, but untagged spoilers are BANNED from this thing, and this forum should be as spoiler-free as possible.

Seriously. Stop and take 3 seconds of what you're complaining about.

Say this sentence out loud - "I'm upset because we don't know how Superman shaves."

You guys are acting insane. You calm down.

- Jow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"