The Dark Knight Rises You Have My Permission To Lounge - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
In the tech manual, it says Batman has brass knucks in his gloves.

Smart? Cheating? More of an a-hole? Not sure.

Considering he goes up against guys with guns and other weapons I wouldn't call that cheating. It's smart.

i'm fine with it, but i still find it funny that every little thing this Batman does is ultra-violent.

I thought it was TDK Trilogy inspired honestly since Batman had some harder knuckle things on his gloves there too.

Yup, I also thought they took that idea from the TDK/TDKR gloves.

the-dark-knight-rises-batman-vs-bane.jpg

I'm pretty sure the reinforced knuckles are a mainstay in most versions of Batman at this point. They're in the Arkham games as well.

Can we all take the time to revisit this scene. Batmans introduction in TDK. I'll take this over anything from Batfleck right now.

It's gritty, it's fun, there's humor, it's badass. We see how different he is from other criminals. Bale doesn't look or feel like himself, it's pure Batman. Look at that expression when you first see his face. You got the Begins suit, which looks awesome on him. Even the fighting is quick and to the point. LOVE this scene!

[YT]Hhn8VVtrfDk[/YT]

It's got some very slow and telegraphed choreography though.

But hey, at least the blows connect and there aren't any goons magically falling by themselves, which is more than you can say about Rises.

Love that introduction. Cool way to incorporate Scarecrow, too.

Can we all take the time to revisit this scene. Batmans introduction in TDK. I'll take this over anything from Batfleck right now.

It's gritty, it's fun, there's humor, it's badass. We see how different he is from other criminals. Bale doesn't look or feel like himself, it's pure Batman. Look at that expression when you first see his face. You got the Begins suit, which looks awesome on him. Even the fighting is quick and to the point. LOVE this scene!

[YT]Hhn8VVtrfDk[/YT]

:up: :up:

Always loved that scene. Actually if you think about it, Batman had great introduction scenes throughout the trilogy. Docks, Garage and the Police Chase. All very awesome scenes.

It's got some very slow and telegraphed choreography though.

But hey, at least the blows connect and there aren't any goons magically falling by themselves, which is more than you can say about Rises.

Buzz Killington over here...:oldrazz:

[YT]Hhn8VVtrfDk[/YT]

You know what else is great about that scene. It's not just a bad ash intro for Batman into the movie, it also immediately addresses how Batman is affecting Gotham with the copycats. In fact the whole intro post Joker's bank robbery is a fantastic montage of different little scenes that flow together of showing Batman's effect on Gotham. We see the batsignal light in the sky;

- You see some Cops looking at it admiringly
- We see some crooks too scared to get up to any crime when they see it "Nah man, I don't want to tonight"
- We see the News telecast with the Mayor, where Mike Engle says Batman is doing some good and the criminals are running scared, and the Mayor is giving the official line about the Major crimes units are hunting Batman
- We then see in Major crimes itself where they have a little billboard of Batman suspects ranging from Big Foot to Elvis lol. Showing the Cops are not really hunting him, they're turning a blind eye because he is doing good.
- Then of course we see Gordon lighting the batsignal, because even if Batman doesn't respond, he likes to light to remind everyone that he's out there.

That to me is proper Batman material. That's what I think of when I think of Batman, Gotham, the general attitude of the Cops, the Mayor, and Gordon when it comes to him. Officially they don't sanction him, but everyone knows the Cops turn a blind eye. They're happy with that. Dent even says later in the movie that the citizens were happy to have him clean up their streets. It's only when his presence starts to impact negatively (Joker) that they start screaming for him to be taken in.

That combo Batman uses on the first thug is straight up boss. Then he rams the guy into the railing for good measure, lol.

Yep, Batlobster. Bats had amazing intro scenes throughout the trilogy. :up:

You know what else is great about that scene. It's not just a bad ash intro for Batman into the movie, it also immediately addresses how Batman is affecting Gotham with the copycats. In fact the whole intro post Joker's bank robbery is a fantastic montage of different little scenes that flow together of showing Batman's effect on Gotham. We see the batsignal light in the sky;

- We see some crooks too scared to get up to any crime when they see it "Nah man, I don't want to tonight"
- We see the News telecast with the Mayor, where Mike Engle says Batman is doing some good and the criminals are running scared, and the Mayor is giving the official line about the Major crimes units are hunting Batman
- We then see in Major crimes itself where they have a little billboard of Batman suspects ranging from Big Foot to Elvis lol. Showing the Cops are not really hunting him, they're turning a blind eye because he is doing good.
- Then of course we see Gordon lighting the batsignal, because even if Batman doesn't respond, he likes to light to remind everyone that he's out there.

That to me is proper Batman material. That's what I think of when I think of Batman, Gotham, the general attitude of the Cops, the Mayor, and Gordon when it comes to him. Officially they don't sanction him, but everyone knows the Cops turn a blind eye. They're happy with that. Dent even says later in the movie that the citizens were happy to have him clean up their streets. It's only when his presence starts to impact negatively (Joker) that they start screaming for him to be taken in.

This!

I remember having this big grin on my face the first time I saw the film and that scene came on. It was fantastic.

The Dark Knight is just an amazing movie from start to finish.

Yup. All the ingredients are there and executed perfectly.

The parking lot scene is great, but it's also used to BS the audience into thinking Batman needs his awful new suit because he "needs to be faster" even though he was lightning fast in BB.

I think the Batman introduction scene in Rises is even better.

All very true- and in addition to all of that it establishes, it also manages to set up the subplot with Ramirez and her mother's hospital bills which comes into play in a big way later.

TDK runs circles around most (and I mean most) other CBMs with its insanely adept command of plot efficiency, how it manages to seamlessly juggle so many balls at once while keeping a such a razor focused narrative and thematic through-line.

Heck, even the bank heist prologue sets up so much crucial stuff.

-It shows us how the Joker is perceived through the eyes of your average criminal.
-It shows how capable and brilliant The Joker is as a criminal mastermind.
-It shows that Batman and Gordon's war on corruption in Gotham isn't over, with mob banks and a bank manager who wields a shotgun.
-It reveals what The Joker represents in comparison to the common criminal element in Gotham (the escalation theme..."criminals in this town used to believe in things")
-Joker stealing the mob's money and having leverage on them is a plot engine that carries through for the first two acts of the movie.

And it does all of this in a very badass, entertaining and self-contained sequence that gets you pumped for the rest of the film.

:hmr:

Last edited:
No other CBM has come close to TDK really, despite what some MCU die hards would have you believe regarding TWS.

All good posts guys!

I hope Civil War turns out to be TDK of Marvel's universe.

That combo Batman uses on the first thug is straight up boss. Then he rams the guy into the railing for good measure, lol.

Yep, Batlobster. Bats had amazing intro scenes throughout the trilogy. :up:

Some people didn't like the Keysi method used for the fight scenes but I always dug it as something Bruce could've invented himself after training in different styles. The dominance of forearm and elbow moves work well with the gauntlets as well. You can even see elements of it in the Arkham games' choreography.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"