The Dark Knight Rises You Have My Permission To Lounge - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree, those are my thoughts too. He had a warmth to him in the comics, mainly in the interview with him. Despite being much more intelligent than everyone else, he was not arrogant or condescending. This was not the case at all in the movie. He was an interesting character that I wanted to learn more about in the comic. It is a shame he was so hard to watch in the movie (for me at least).

I'm not buying anything until they give us new transfers of BB and TDK.

Come on WB. 4k UHD is here. Time for an upgrade.

I think Sony has the first 3 Spider-Man movies in 4K.

Ugh, so mad I paid 80 bucks for that now haha. But yes, I agree. New transfers gotta happen, and soon.

Sadly, I think we'll be waiting a long time for new transfers.

I don't know why that is. Seems like a no-brainer and the best possible incentive to get people to double-dip and buy the films again.

New transfers in 2018, for the ten year anniversary of TDK.

Mark your calendars, folks.

When you read fans say they think Joker loves Harley, you wonder do they know the character at all. To quote Batman in Mad Love, the Joker doesn't love anyone except himself.

I pretty much agree, and I prefer to think that The Joker views Harley more as a toy (or a good "joke") than a loved one, but their relationship over the years has been somewhat complex and even confusing.

In Batman: Harley Quinn (Paul Dini/Alex Ross), Joker traps Harley in a rocket and tries to shoot her into space to kill her, because he admits he's begun developing actual feelings for her -- the first time in recent memory he'd had those feelings. I love that his solution to that "problem" was to kill her.

In Batman: Harley Quinn (Paul Dini/Alex Ross), Joker traps Harley in a rocket and tries to shoot her into space to kill her, because he admits he's begun developing actual feelings for her -- the first time in recent memory he'd had those feelings. I love that his solution to that "problem" was to kill her.
Alex Ross drew the cover, interiors were drawn by Yvel Guichet.

Her views of her precious Mr. J is an odd one, she's lucky Poison Ivy took care of injecting her with something that made her as tough and strong as she is.

When you read fans say they think Joker loves Harley, you wonder do they know the character at all. To quote Batman in Mad Love, the Joker doesn't love anyone except himself.

I've always thought Joker only values her as a reflection of himself. It's because she's an obsessive, Misery-level fanatic that he keeps her around at all. And even then as just a glorified henchmen and punching bag.

[YT]O5DAQlmJ4q0[/YT]

I could not agree more with pretty much everything said in this review. It so perfectly describes why I feel Snyder is out of his depth with this material.

I honestly think Justice League being lighter and more mindless fun might actually be a good thing, given Snyder is directing. He loses me when he tries to get super deep with his themes, which the quality of his films simply don't earn for me, as perfectly stated in this analysis.

Really good points there about the films not earning their Christ allegories. Having messianic overtones is not an inherently bad thing and with Superman they are basically intrinsic to the character. But they have to be woven into a well told story.

"I mean, why would Jesus wanna show up in a bad movie?"

At the very least, JL being lighter might make the film a bit less boring by proxy. It would also be nice to see a Batman who doesn't kill (and Superman who's actually Superman). Besides that, I still don't have much hopes for it.

Also off topic, but I hear the Killing Joke animated film will have extra scenes that weren't in the comic. Honestly, that makes me a lot more excited for it. I wasn't looking forward to it since 1) I don't see the point in adapting it and 2) it's too short to adapt so I assumed it would be stretched out. But it looks like they will actually add more to the story, thus making it more than just a direct translation like Year One and Returns were.

Something fun to look at.

giphy.gif

This guy is a [inter]national treasure.

Joker's a business man? Good god :doh:

edit

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"