The Dark Knight Rises You Have My Permission To Lounge - Part 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
tumblr_nm1mrtHgO11s2wio8o3_500.gif

I agree with TDK being there, and I would have BB in there too, personally, as I think it is better and it is my favourite superhero movie. BB and TDK are the only two superhero movies that I consider to be very good-great movies, and not just very good-great superhero movies,

I agree with TDK being there, and I would have BB in there too, personally, as I think it is better and it is my favourite superhero movie. BB and TDK are the only two superhero movies that I consider to be very good-great movies, and not just very good-great superhero movies,
Where does a 'very good-great superhero movie' sit among good movies the way you classify them?

Spider-Man 2 should've been in there. It ain't just a great superhero film. It's a great character study period.

Resposting this in case this got missed in the previous thread.

[YT]DHIbg1CS-jk[/YT]

Silly, but fun. Makes me nostalgic for the 90s when post-movie raps summing up the plot of the movie you just watched were a totally normal thing. :yay:

LOL this is brilliant. Very well done.

The character study side is good.
But I still can't look at how a pudgy man not trained to fight and has all these needles dug deep into his back can withstand a barrage of attacks from a guy capable of holding a large wall from falling on him, when a group of men trained to fight fall down really easy after a few attacks.
I heard about Spider-Man pulling his punches, but there is NO WAY he can pull back from his kick on the train.
The amount of punishment Ock takes is uncanny, even for a fictional piece with made up rules, lifting the cab alone as soon as he leaves the hospital should have broken him.

"The important stuff is good, buuuuut what about this stuff that only fanboys care about?"

BB is pretty damn good. I wish scarecrow had a bigger part. The scene where Scarecrow sets batman on fire...insane.

I agree, BB is second only to TDK in terms of comic-book movies for me and sometimes I prefer it over the latter, haha.

Speaking of Ledger's Joker, this is a pretty neat vid on the character and TDK overall.

Remember how a lot of Snyder chasers claim that if The Nolan trilogy was released today they would not be as highly rated because of Marvel bias or something?

I wonder what they make of the BBC's list voted by critics.

The funny thing is both Iron Man and The Avengers came out in years when Nolan Batman movies did, and both scored highly critically, as well as being loved by fans.

That was before Disney buying critics began, obviously.

Spider-Man 2 should've been in there. It ain't just a great superhero film. It's a great character study period.
Spider-Man 2 is possibly my favourite superhero film, even more than TDK.

spider-man 2 will always be #1 in my heart

in a time before the comic book movie renaissance, Raimi and Tobey were king.

From a WB press release yesterday:

"Batman: Return of the Caped Crusaders is an excellent addition to the ever-growing canon of Batman entertainment, offering a fun, playful animated version of the character's adventures," said Mary Ellen Thomas, Warner Bros. Home Entertainment Vice President, Family & Animation Marketing. "Warner Bros. Home Entertainment is proud to initiate a series of animated movies - under the new 'DC Classics Collection' brand - and honored to have Adam West, Burt Ward and Julie Newmar give life to these iconic characters."

So in a nutshell, this means that an animated movie set in Burton's universe is totally on the table right now.

:hmr:

Nice we're finally getting dem Schumacher animated movies :cwink:

I would love to hear Keaton voicing Batman again. And further down the line, maybe Bale.

I honestly can't see it happening. Getting Adam West back for an animated feature is one thing, he never really left the specter of Batman, and always had his foot in the door somewhere with it, including with the release of the show on DVD couple of years ago. Whereas Keaton and Co. are off having careers. Keaton in particular has really had a shot of adrenaline in his career in the last few years.

So did Cranston yet he voiced Gordon in an animated movie. I can see Keaton being up for this since it would be different.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"