The Dark Knight Rises You Have My Permission To Lounge - Part 7

Status
Not open for further replies.
iCB4mi9.jpg

New respect for Roeper :funny:

The Lego Batman movie actually now has the highest RT score of any Batman film....and as far as I know is tied with The Incredibles for the highest score of any superhero film period. Much less reviews counted, but still pretty cool. I'm ready for this!

Also, Chris McCay is on the most recent episode of the BOF podcast. He seems like a cool guy, and a genuine Bat-fan. It's nice to know that the movie is coming from a place of loving parody. I think too many of the reviews seem to mistake it for a scathing critique of Batman as a whole, but it seems like the movie was very much made with Bat-fans in mind and a love of the franchise's history.

I don't even care about the other stuff

I'm just so thrilled that we finally have a good movie on our hands

A LEGO Batman movie rated higher than BvS. Lawd my sides ache.

Ironically, The LEGO Movie, The LEGO Batman Movie, and now John Wick 2 all have higher RT scores than...the majority of movies that have ever been rated on the site. La La Land included . :hehe:

Can't wait to see this one.

Misslane is a genius. She will be my hype wife.

So far, three movies this year have shown more promise than I thought they would, LEGO Batman included.
This could make up for the underwhelming performance of movies last year.

Drago you dirty dog, you

I like this guy, he's gonna be a good one

Welcome to the family Drago. You big bastard!

The most important thing in life will always be the people in this thread, right here, right now

Salud mi familia

CBDSrb.gif

Ivan Drago is the greatest because he only had 9 lines in Rocky IV

And thats still more than Henry Cavill had in BvS

He got to kill Apollo and sleep with Bridgette Nielsen.

Vince DiCola gave him a scarier theme than the one he composed for Unicron. That's great.

[YT]oASRLu6JBxg[/YT]

May I suggest we stop taking pot shots at other users by name in this thread? It seems beneath us. Let's just focus on ridiculing the films and filmmakers themselves.

And the DC cult in a general sort of way. Not attacking specific users who aren't defending themselves.

Everyone watch Legion if you haven't

That's how you do a pilot episode

http://www.forbes.com/sites/markhug...irector-and-likely-2019-release/#3df817851f8f

As this week's announcement that Ben Affleck would step down as director of his solo superhero movie The Batman continues to reverberate through Hollywood and fandom, sources confirm the script originally penned by Affleck and Geoff Johns was rewritten by scribe Chris Terrio (whose Argo screenplay won an Oscar for Best Adapted Screenplay, and who did a page-one rewrite on Batman v Superman), but the project will undergo substantial changes and possible/probably another full rewrite. Warner Bros. is already speaking to several filmmakers about taking over in the director's chair -- including one of my personal longtime favorites to direct a Batman movie, Matt Reeves, who seems to be the frontrunner -- and word is the project will essentially get a fresh start once a new creative team has been put together.

For now, Affleck remains attached to play Batman/Bruce Wayne, and has publicly asserted his intention to remain in that role now that he has less pressure to write and direct while also prepping mentally and physically for the performance. However, since he's already played Batman in three films to date -- including two extended and demanding productions over the course of about two years -- and has managed to act-write-direct other major projects in the past, it's fair to question whether he will remain committed to the project over the next several months while a new filmmaker and new script are acquired.

The story for The Batman originally included the assassin Deathstroke as a main villain, with Joe Manganiello cast in the role, as well as a few other likely villainous appearances by characters including the Joker, according to sources familiar with the project. Jared Leto, who portrayed the Joker in Suicide Squad, has for months expressed his displeasure about the removal of substantial portions of his performance from the final cut of the film, raising questions about whether he would return to the role in future movies. He seems to have softened his stance lately and appears interested in a possible return, but whether he will ultimately be part of The Batman or Gotham City Sirens remains to be seen.

If Affleck and Warner had spent the last few weeks noting Affleck's schedule and the particularly important needs of The Batman might necessitate him bringing in a collaborator, and if the remarks about the script had admitted Terrio was being sought to help get the script into shape for production, those frank admissions would've removed the seeming veil of secrecy and appearance of damage-control-mode, and the announcement of Affleck quitting the directing job wouldn't have seemed quite so sudden or huge. Now, we face another round of slow leaks, with word about continued script problems and the possible need for the new creative team to go back to the drawing board, and rumors that Affleck might continue slowly stepping away from the project.

This could all be solved by a simple announcement that a new director coming onto the project means the studio and Affleck are postponing further script development so they can work closely with the director on a unified vision, and that the extra time will let Affleck regain the focus he needs while teaming him with the best director and writers possible to get the project on firm ground. When it comes in bits and pieces that contradict one another and seem to reveal previously undisclosed developments, then it gives the impression -- fair or not -- that there is no coherent plan, and that the process is entirely reactive instead of proactive.

That the script would need more rewrites, particularly with a new director joining the picture, was a given. How extensive the process will be -- I'm hearing anything from "major rewrites" to "a completely new script," including starting from scratch on the story if that's what it takes -- is unclear, not just to us but probably to those involved as well, since the new filmmaker might look at the story and script and decide there's plenty to salvage that appeals to them.

Ugh. I am seriously looking forward to The Lego Batman movie, but reading Harry's typical slobbering review on AICN almost counts as a strike against it to me. The guy's reviews are just so cringe-worthy, and it doesn't help that I find his opinions and the levels of praise he heaps on things to be pretty questionable in general. I'm sure I will have a blast with the movie, but Harry just kills me.

I was planning on seeing this tonight, but we got hit with a snowstorm so not sure now. Can't wait to talk about it with you guys though.

Who in the blue hell is Harry?

As for Mark Hughes' article..talk about Captain Obvious.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"