2012 NFL thread: The Place to get Cutler'd

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thomas is the Steelers kryptonite.

For real. The Steelers have had the ball practically the ENTIRE third quarter. Broncos only had it for 36 seconds...and yet the Steelers, at this moment are still losing by one. :csad:

From what I've seen today, this Broncos D is going to get ****ed up on MNF next week.

Big B needs to throw to Miller only... :cmad:

:csad:

from what i've seen today jim fox should stay as far away from the offensive playcalling as possible.
Yea, I'm very surprised the Broncos are still playing vintage FOXBALL. You'd think he'd let Manning call the offense from the line.

Tracy Porter is the MVP this side of the ball.

EDIT: Game. Daaaaaaaaamn.

Last edited:
So glad Manning laid the smack down on Rapistberger.

I didn't see the game, just looking at the box score, so can someone tell me how Peyton Manning managed a 7yd run?

Did he get new legs too?

49ers first win of the season,,love it

Last edited:
As usual, NBC goes from Tony Dungy to Mike Florio in post-game.

I can't even be mad. Ryan Clark couldn't play. Mendenhall was injured. Harrison is rehabbing. It's practically déjà vu of the last meeting. Still, Peyton Manning showed why he is the best QB in the league. It's only one game. Denver and Pittsburgh will meet again in the playoffs, no doubt about it.

That Rams game was tough to watch slip away. I am proud of my team.

F*** it. I used to try to take the high road when it comes to injuries, but I don't give a crap anymore. I hope Demaryius Thomas tears both of his ACLs while simultaneously snapping both hamstrings, rupturing both Achilles and getting a concussion as a defensive back turns him into a damned pretzel.

I also hope the hit somehow gives him pneumoconiosis and syphilis.

F*** it. I used to try to take the high road when it comes to injuries, but I don't give a crap anymore. I hope Demaryius Thomas tears both of his ACLs while simultaneously snapping both hamstrings, rupturing both Achilles and getting a concussion as a defensive back turns him into a damned pretzel.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA, this was so raw.

:lmao:

What the hell happened to the Steelers O-Line after the pick six? Denver's guys were just walking passed Mike Adams.

I'm fine with SF keeping to a conservative offense. They've improved their redzone offense and that's the biggest thing. I have no doubt Alex Smith's checkdowns can win us a Superbowl with so many great pieces around him.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA, this was so raw.

Heh, yeah. You know, I can handle losing. I really didn't expect to win, because it seemed like the odds were stacked against Pittsburgh here (as they always seem to be when we play Denver). But goddamnit, thanks to Thomas making another flukey play that turned the tide of the game, I now have to hear about Tim Tebow again for another month because we all know you can't mention Thomas getting a TD against the Steelers without TALKING AND TALKING AND TALKING AND TALKING AND TALKING ABOUT THE GREATEST PLAY EVER IN THE HISTORY OF ANY SPORT EVER PLAYED AND THE ONE THAT WILL BE WRITTEN ABOUT FOR THOUSANDS OF YEARS WHEN THE MENTALLY CHALLENGED BOY WHO WAS BORN WITHOUT A BRAINSTEM THREW A 10,000-YARD TOUCHDOWN IN OVERTIME!!! O HOW HE INSPIRES US ALL TO BE WARRIORS OF HOPE AND VIRTUE AND JOCKEY SHORTS.

What the hell happened to the Steelers O-Line after the pick six? Denver's guys were just walking passed Mike Adams.

They said to themselves, "Wait, we only allowed three sacks so far? We gotta get that number up there! Got a reputation to maintain!"

I'm fine with SF keeping to a conservative offense. They've improved their redzone offense and that's the biggest thing. I have no doubt Alex Smith's checkdowns can win us a Superbowl with so many great pieces around him.

Heh, yeah. You know, I can handle losing. I really didn't expect to win, because it seemed like the odds were stacked against Pittsburgh here (as they always seem to be when we play Denver). But goddamnit, thanks to Thomas making another flukey play that turned the tide of the game, I now have to hear about Tim Tebow again for another month because we all know you can't mention Thomas getting a TD against the Steelers without TALKING AND TALKING AND TALKING AND TALKING AND TALKING ABOUT THE GREATEST PLAY EVER IN THE HISTORY OF ANY SPORT EVER PLAYED AND THE ONE THAT WILL BE WRITTEN ABOUT FOR THOUSANDS OF YEARS WHEN THE MENTALLY CHALLENGED BOY WHO WAS BORN WITHOUT A BRAINSTEM THREW A 10,000-YARD TOUCHDOWN IN OVERTIME!!! O HOW HE INSPIRES US ALL TO BE WARRIORS OF HOPE AND VIRTUE AND JOCKEY SHORTS.

Oh my God, don't remind me. I'm about to kill myself tonight.

They said to themselves, "Wait, we only allowed three sacks so far? We gotta get that number up there! Got a reputation to maintain!"

HAHAHAHA.

Forreal, though. :csad:

Yeah, it blows. I'm really confused as to why they brought Todd Haley in to run Bruce Arians' offense. Apparently we have a fullback now--something Arians was supposedly opposed to and favored instead to use two tight ends--and yet the only worthwhile thing the FB did all night was a catch a short pass like a tight end. As for run blocking? Nope, we don't do that in Pittsburgh. Just let the guy run into a pile and fall over.

Offense: Can't pass block, can't catch balls in the red zone, can't net more than 3 yards on any run play, can't capitalize on turnovers, get penalties on every other down...

Defense: Can't stop the run, can stop the pass except on third down or whenever anyone named Demaryius has the ball, can't intercept ****...

Side note: If you're Peyton Manning and you throw a TD pass to a receiver who lets go of the ball a split second after he hits the ground, it's NOT a drop. But only if you're Peyton Manning.

Yeah, it blows. I'm really confused as to why they brought Todd Haley in to run Bruce Arians' offense. Apparently we have a fullback now--something Arians was supposedly opposed to and favored instead to use two tight ends--and yet the only worthwhile thing the FB did all night was a catch a short pass like a tight end. As for run blocking? Nope, we don't do that in Pittsburgh. Just let the guy run into a pile and fall over.

Offense: Can't pass block, can't catch balls in the red zone, can't net more than 3 yards on any run play, can't capitalize on turnovers, get penalties on every other down...

Defense: Can't stop the run, can stop the pass except on third down or whenever anyone named Demaryius has the ball, can't intercept ****...

Side note: If you're Peyton Manning and you throw a TD pass to a receiver who lets go of the ball a split second after he hits the ground, it's NOT a drop. But only if you're Peyton Manning.

This especially was too true tonight. Goodness gracious, I threw a little fit every single time they let Peyton convert those third downs. And Mike Adams was f***ing up tonight. But hey, it was only week one. After thinking back and realizing that the Packers and Saints also got schooled today calmed me down. Sixteen weeks left and we can assume to make the Wild Card if we don't win the division.

This is one of the greatest posts I have ever read.

Oh damn as a Bronco's fan I'm very happy tonight. Three sacks in a row felt oh so good and Manning showed he's still got it. Bronco's are looking good. I'm optimistic for the rest of the season.

322264_3544638616310_384802290_o.jpg

From what I've seen today, this Broncos D is going to get ****ed up on MNF next week.

IDK about that the D didn't look great but there were times that some pentalys got the Steelers 1st downs on those 3rd downs. The Game Monday I think will be interesting if Manning can do what he did tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"