2012 NFL thread: The Place to get Cutler'd

Status
Not open for further replies.
You know, as painful as it was for me to watch Carolina lose to Tampa (oh, how I hate the Bucs so so so so very much), I feel great pity for Steeler fans. I could not handle watching my Panthers or Chargers lose to Tim Tebow in overtime... on such a pass. That **** would give me nightmares for eternity.

IDK about that the D didn't look great but there were times that some pentalys got the Steelers 1st downs on those 3rd downs. The Game Monday I think will be interesting if Manning can do what he did tonight.

Manning won't be an issue. If he can pick apart the Steelers defense, the Falcons defense won't be a problem at all. The defense will be tested because Matt Ryan and Julio Jones are hungry.

You know, as painful as it was for me to watch Carolina lose to Tampa (oh, how I hate the Bucs so so so so very much), I feel great pity for Steeler fans. I could not handle watching my Panthers or Chargers lose to Tim Tebow in overtime... on such a pass. That **** would give me nightmares for eternity.

Welcome to my world. No lie and I can fully admit this, I teared up when Steelers lost in OT. That's how devastated I was that Tebowmania claimed our season. But it sure was sweet when Darth Belichick and his stormtroopers utterly destroyed Tebowmania the next week.

Manning won't be an issue. If he can pick apart the Steelers defense, the Falcons defense won't be a problem at all. The defense will be tested because Matt Ryan and Julio Jones are hungry.
The Falcons D probably won't be able to stop Manning, but I think the Asante Samuel pick up will come in handy next week. It'll be the kind of game where the victor is decided on who makes the first big mistake.

I think most football fans were rooting for Pittsburgh to tear Tebow's head off throughout the entire game. Sadly, it did not happen, and we (most of the nation that is sane) had to endure another week of "AND ALL HE DOES IS WIN!!!!"

Trust me, we felt your pain, on some level. It's sting is not as big as 2003's Superbowl but watching Tebow complete that bomb to Thomas was gut-wrenching.

This is one of the greatest posts I have ever read.

Haha, thanks, man. Yeah, I put some extra effort into that one.

Welcome to my world. No lie and I can fully admit this, I teared up when Steelers lost in OT. That's how devastated I was that Tebowmania claimed our season. But it sure was sweet when Darth Belichick and his stormtroopers utterly destroyed Tebowmania the next week.

That game made me violently angry. I was sitting in this redneck bar where a bunch of hick tea party Bible-thumpers were cheering like virgins on prom night every time Tebonehead completed a WOBBLY WOBBLY five-yard pass. I had to get out of there because I was going to break something if I didn't. So I met a friend for coffee during the second half of the game and tried to put it out of my mind because I just couldn't bear the thought of watching the Steelers (or really any half decent team) lose to Tebow in the POST-season, a place where he should never have been in the first place. Seriously, his mere presence there should have shattered the fabric of reality. It should have been like that scene in Timecop where the two Ron Silvers run into each other and turn into a big purple blob of antimatter. Something like that. I don't know.

Anyway, as I got into my car, I decided to check the score on my phone... and to my SHOCK, the Steelers had tied it up! The game was headed to overtime! And what's more, with the new overtime rules, even if Tebow led the Broncos on an epic 7-yard drive that was capped off by another 73-yard field goal from Matt Prater, the Steelers would still have a shot at pulling ahead! So I raced home.

I arrived right after the kick off to watch Tebow throw a 13-yard pass, that Damaryanniusicusstelios Thomas turned into an 80-yard touchdown.

:exp:

I remember I got bored in the 2nd quarter of that game, fell a sleep on the couch, and woke up right before the pass. Guess I didnt miss much

I don't care what anyone says the Broncos getting Peyton was a reward from God for drafting his adopted cousin's son St. Tebow

Short week for the Bears, heading to Wisconsin on Thursday night.

Not too sure how I feel about the game. Watched the Pack against SanFran and wasn't all too impressed, but if anything that makes me more uneasy about going up against them after a loss.

Short week against Chicago, then a road game @Seattle, then the Saints. The Packers very well could end up 0-4.

damn forgot that there will be thursday night games this season.

Still reeling from that RGIII performance, my phone's been blown up since yesterday with people talking shiz.

Good for RGIII but it was only one game against a team shaken by suspensions -- not even Drew Brees looked like Drew Brees. We'll see if he's the big deal 16 weeks from now.

That said, I really like the kid, and I hope he excels in the NFL.

Atlanta's Brent Grimes out for the season. :csad:

Atlanta's Brent Grimes out for the season. :csad:
He's been placed on IR. There is a new rule that allows teams to bring back one person from IR, so he may be able to return late in the season. :csad:

That pretty much means Falcons/Broncos Monday night will be a shootout.

That game made me violently angry. I was sitting in this redneck bar where a bunch of hick tea party Bible-thumpers were cheering like virgins on prom night every time Tebonehead completed a WOBBLY WOBBLY five-yard pass. I had to get out of there because I was going to break something if I didn't. So I met a friend for coffee during the second half of the game and tried to put it out of my mind because I just couldn't bear the thought of watching the Steelers (or really any half decent team) lose to Tebow in the POST-season, a place where he should never have been in the first place. Seriously, his mere presence there should have shattered the fabric of reality. It should have been like that scene in Timecop where the two Ron Silvers run into each other and turn into a big purple blob of antimatter. Something like that. I don't know.

Anyway, as I got into my car, I decided to check the score on my phone... and to my SHOCK, the Steelers had tied it up! The game was headed to overtime! And what's more, with the new overtime rules, even if Tebow led the Broncos on an epic 7-yard drive that was capped off by another 73-yard field goal from Matt Prater, the Steelers would still have a shot at pulling ahead! So I raced home.

I arrived right after the kick off to watch Tebow throw a 13-yard pass, that Damaryanniusicusstelios Thomas turned into an 80-yard touchdown.

HAHAHAHA! That was hilarious. But man, you are bringing up haunting memories of one of the most depressing days of my life. I can't wait for a wildcat play next week. I want Polamalu or Clark to charge at Tebow like a freight train.

He's been placed on IR. There is a new rule that allows teams to bring back one person from IR, so he may be able to return late in the season. :csad:

That pretty much means Falcons/Broncos Monday night will be a shootout.

Whew man, that is unfortunate.

Suzy Kolber lookin fine on the pre game.

Dammit, if we hadn't muffed a hand-off again, we wouldn't be stuck at 4th & 1.

lol@ Marvins face

Let's go Bengals!

...but watch them lose.

:o

lol@ Marvins face

marvin-lewis.jpg

"God, thank you for putting me in a job under the worst owner in the NFL. Any other team owner would have fired me five years ago."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"