5.18 - Fragile Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

tonytr1687 said:
You guys keep saying that you cant understand how Lana would just forget all the bad things Lex has done in the past. Well if you've been paying attention the last few episodes she's mentioned that she knows Lex has done questionable things in the past but that she still believes he's a good person deep down. Basically she's Clark from the first few seasons, she's the only one who doesnt treat Lex like some supervillian and thats one of the reasons why he's attracted to her. She hasn't given up on him like everyone else. So Lex loves her b/c of that, and Lana will begin to fall for him a little when she realizes that he is always there for her and, from her perspective, always tells her the truth. And you all also forget that the only "bad things" that she has been privy to concerning Lex are when he got Jason fired, and when he tried to take the stone from her. THATS IT. She never really got that irked from him lying to her about the ship b/c his reasons for it were genuine. And it's apparent that for some reason Clark hasn't told her that Lex was behind the events in Mortal, perhaps so as not to accidentally imply anything about his secret. Most likely the same is true for the events in Cyborg.

Anyway I think their relationship makes a lot of sense and there is some genuine attraction and/or love from both Lex and Lana. A lot of it stems from Lockdown and in that episode we saw just how much they have in common. They were both affected greatly by the meteor showers and so they share a common interest in finding out just what happened.
good points :up:

I wonder what if she is aware of the torture he inflicted on Aquadude; and how she'd feel about his deep down goodness after knowing that.

tonytr1687 said:
You guys keep saying that you cant understand how Lana would just forget all the bad things Lex has done in the past. Well if you've been paying attention the last few episodes she's mentioned that she knows Lex has done questionable things in the past but that she still believes he's a good person deep down.

I think you are on the right track, Tony, but that there's more to it than that.

I think that having Clark break up with her will leave her devastated (and understandable so!) particularly when this follows on the heels of him not wanting her physically anymore, then finding him with another woman, even though he apparently does explain that to her.. visually that has to leave a scar. She's going to be more vulnerable than she's ever been, and Lex has already laid the groundwork for him being the one who is honest with her and who would never betray her, unlike Clark.

I don't think it's inconceivable for her to be attracted to Lex, maybe not so much romantically as emotionally? The kicker is that she has always tried to see past the surface prejudices against Lex, and instead of living up to the man he could be for her, we know he'll go the other way. He really is his own worst enemy.

Anyway I think their relationship makes a lot of sense and there is some genuine attraction and/or love from both Lex and Lana. A lot of it stems from Lockdown and in that episode we saw just how much they have in common. They were both affected greatly by the meteor showers and so they share a common interest in finding out just what happened.

I saw a music vid recently that really nicely illustrated the common bonds shared by Lex and Lana, particularly regarding their pasts. It's an interesting relationship, and I'm still glad they're exploring it.

fragile11kx.jpg

fragile23hh.jpg

Eeek!:eek:

How are you guys finding all this news at Ksite mixed in with all that fake stuff?

KalKai said:
aHAH! NOW I get it.

[Don't mind me folks - just ruminating out loud]

BTW, he freakin' loves that silly cap, doesn't he? :p

KalKai said:

First The Father (John Schneider/Jonathan Kent ) {Season 3 [3.20] "Talisman"} - [Director]

Now The Son (Tom Welling/Clark Kent) {Season 5 [5.18] "Fragile"} - [Director]

Super_Ludacris said:
lol@ him trying so hard to look official
Oh, I dunno... maybe he looks "official" because he IS? :p

He's directing an episode of a show he arguably knows more about than anybody else. We're used to seeing him stand around and *take* direction, so it's odd to see him in a position of authority, but I've heard and read enough interviews with guest stars and other members of the cast that say he's almost too professional at times, and often helps to prod things along if they get bogged down.

That said, I'm sure he's got a LOT to learn about the craft from *behind* the camera. He's intelligent, has a level of professionalism that's clearly top shelf, and he knows the show and its characters inside and out, but how much he knows about directing - the creative and technical aspects such as tricks and techniques that come from both a formal education in the art as well as practice with a camera the better part of your life - remain to be seen. But hey, we all have to start somewhere. ;)

I hope there is some sort of interview with him so we can hear his thoughts on directing this episode. And by interview, I mean much more than just this snippet listed here.

Incidentally, I think he looks very handsome in his cap. Yum.

rumpuso said:
I hope there is some sort of interview with him so we can hear his thoughts on directing this episode. And by interview, I mean much more than just this snippet listed here.

Incidentally, I think he looks very handsome in his cap. Yum.

I'm really hoping that he gets out and promos this episode a bit. Even if it's just some more of the radio call-in interviews. If they are doing promo pics in TV Guide, then maybe they are going to push a bit for this one.. I hope.

And I think that picture is just ALL KINDS of yummy. Good lordy.. what he does with a casual outfit like that should be illegal. I like that intense look he has on his face.. or is it befuddled? LOL. Whatever.. I like it. ;)

KalKai said:
He does..

tw139g1sx1lx.jpg

Everytime I see that MTV picture I crack up.

Is he trying to look like David Duchovny in that first shot??? Or am I the only one seeing that?

What's he carrying around in the first director's picture?

I remember seeing pictuures of John Schneider directing Talisman and he dressed in a suit during the director's part of his job. I love that Tom isn't dressing up his appearance for directing. I imagine he thinks his work will speak for itself, not so much what he wears while he puts the episode together. THAT shows confidence right there.

(Of course I could be totally wrong. :O )

rumpuso said:
What's he carrying around in the first director's picture?
Looks like part of the Clear-Com transmitter, or a similar system used on set for wireless communication. (You can see the BNC jacks, which appear to be unplugged.) We use 'em every day. :D :up:

I know pretty clear that this is a FOTW episode, but I have a feeling that there's gonna be a of alot of good subplots surrounding it like Hypnotic and Void. The last couples are getting pretty good, I can't for the season finale.

DarthSkywalker said:
Lex losing his mind again do to good old Brainiac. Can you say "Lexiac".
I thought it was luthiac... 0.o Guess it could go either way though I like lexiac better

‘Smallville’ mom loves big role

Annette O'Toole talks about Tom's directorial debut:

“He did such a great job,” O’Toole said of Welling’s turn at the helm. “We were all like proud parents, just standing around beaming. He had to work a lot with this young girl, and he was so good with her. It was really fun to see, plus it was like cutting out the director as middleman. Tom would ask, ‘How did that feel to everybody?’ We’d say, ‘Great!’ then he’d say, ‘OK. We’re moving on.’ ”

Rest of the article here:

http://theedge.bostonherald.com/tvNews/view.bg?articleid=134211&format=&page=1

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"