6.15 Freak - Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

useful power- in smallville at least- he could be clark's sidekick lol

Zorex_519 said:
new spoilers from the Site of Krypton...

UPDATED 12/8/06: Lois Lane (Erica Durance) and Martha Kent (Annette O'Toole) do not appear in this episode.
- A young man named Tobias was blinded in the second meteor shower, but he was left with a gift - the ability to sense other meteor-affected people, with a kind of a "freak-dar." When someone who is infected by meteors is in his vicinity, they glow green in his eyes.

.....yay?

Well I think it sounds pretty cool, and I have a feeling that he's eyes are going to glow green when he's around Lana.

i forget where she was during the meteor shower- her parents were killed but was she with them- im thinking there may be some latent meteor freakness in her DNA.

avidreader said:
Well I think it sounds pretty cool, and I have a feeling that he's eyes are going to glow green when he's around Lana.

Hm.. I made a post about this last night but apparently it went poof. (or I screwed up posting it)

Good spec about Lana. See why I love your brain. :)

I was thinking that there would be a noticeable LACK of green glowage when the guy was around Clark - which would signal to anyone near him who might be suspicious.. that Clark isn't a meteor freak, but something.. else.

04nbod said:
i forget where she was during the meteor shower- her parents were killed but was she with them- im thinking there may be some latent meteor freakness in her DNA.

Or avid could be talking about the second meteor shower. Lana was there when the Brainiac ship first crash landed.

but the meteor rocks didn't hit her- however that seems to be more plausible than latent DNA

blksuperman2 said:
Or avid could be talking about the second meteor shower. Lana was there when the Brainiac ship first crash landed.
I believe avid was referring to the potential "freakness" of Lana's wonderspawn. Whether you think it's Clark's, or latent Zod influence, it would be a cool plot device for it to be picked up by the Freakdar.

Not saying that I believe it's either of those.. I honestly have no idea where they are going with all this. But I like to the Freakdar concept.

i was thinking it was recessive in her DNA and passed on to the baby- but youre right - i doubt they ll go there

Serene said:
Hm.. I made a post about this last night but apparently it went poof. (or I screwed up posting it)

Dont you hate that. (In fact it just happened to me, and I'm retyping my post again) :cmad:

Good spec about Lana. See why I love your brain. :)

LOL! I'm surprised my brain is even functioning this morning.

I was thinking that there would be a noticeable LACK of green glowage when the guy was around Clark - which would signal to anyone near him who might be suspicious.. that Clark isn't a meteor freak, but something.. else.

Especially if Lana has witnessed something in Crimson, that would definitely have her thinking. It may also put Lex's curiosity to rest, or it could further it into overdrive.

I believe avid was referring to the potential "freakness" of Lana's wonderspawn. Whether you think it's Clark's, or latent Zod influence, it would be a cool plot device for it to be picked up by the Freakdar.

I was just about to answer 04nbod and blksuperman's questions, scrolled down to copy and paste, and I saw your post.

That's exactly what I mean. :woot:

Serene said:

Not saying that I believe it's either of those.. I honestly have no idea where they are going with all this. But I like to the Freakdar concept.

Didn't consider that. I really do try and forget that she's pregnant. It might be interesting, especially since she thinks it's ok to experiment on freaks.:whatever:

blksuperman2 said:
Didn't consider that. I really do try and forget that she's pregnant. It might be interesting, especially since she thinks it's ok to experiment on freaks.:whatever:

I think Lana's distinction is that they need to research the "aliens" since that's who she has a major fear of since witnessing the two baddies killing all those cops in Commencement (Arrival?). I think it's an understandable position to be honest - she was horrified to see all those cops get disintegrated before her eyes by these creatures from the beyond.. it's not hard to understand why she'd think they were a danger to human life.

So her supporting Lex in trying to research things that can prevent that sort of thing from happening broad scale isn't all that unreasonable. But the meteor freak thing is a different animal, I think. She knows about meteor freaks, I believe, and has shown sympathy towards them in the past.

This is a distinction that really has been blurred in representation on the show and in interpretation by the viewers.

ETA: No matter who the father of the baby is - the freakdar would be going off. Lex is a meteor freak, latent Zod mojo.. or Clark.. all 3 should set off the freakdar.

AssMan said:
Sounds like the next Static & Subterranean

when looking at the intial description by itself perhaps but if you think about what may be going down in the show and with a little imagination perhaps not so much.

If word about this kid gets out, how so you think the first person is who's going to come looking for him? That's right, Lex. And what will Lex do to him? First, He'll have him start identifying anyonme in SV with powers which ties back to Lex and the whole 33.1 thing. Secondly, he's going to have him look at Clark. Where of course he wont see anything different about him and it will make Lex question his thoughts about Clark once again.. Then in a turn of irony, perhaps he looks at Lana and the baby and see's something or perhaps even at Lex himself? Who know? There's a ton of interesting possibilities where people will try to manipulate this kid if you put some thought into it.

Serene said:
ETA: No matter who the father of the baby is - the freakdar would be going off. Lex is a meteor freak, latent Zod mojo.. or Clark.. all 3 should set off the freakdar.

Why would Clark or Zod for that matter be setting off the "freakdar?" Their powers have nothing to do with kryptonite infections???

Serene said:

Clark shouldnt show up as a meteor freak, because, well .... he isnt one.

avidreader said:
Clark shouldnt show up as a meteor freak, because, well .... he isnt one.

True.. but I guess I was thinking that the trigger for setting off the freakdar would be anything Krypton related, but you're probably right and it's just the meteor infected humans that would be picked up.

There goes another theory. ;)

Serene said:
True.. but I guess I was thinking that the trigger for setting off the freakdar would be anything Krypton related, but you're probably right and it's just the meteor infected humans that would be picked up.

There goes another theory. ;)

Like Hulk alluded to, I think it could make it more interesting if Clark didnt set off the freakdar, especially in the presence of Lana and Lex.

I wonder if this guy will in the end hook up with the Green Arrow. He can tell the Green arrow who has abilities & the Green Arrow can make offers to that person to join the Justice League & in return he can protect them & all of that stuff from the people like Lex since people with abilities are always on the run when they end up in Smallville.

avidreader said:
Like Hulk alluded to, I think it could make it more interesting if Clark didnt set off the freakdar, especially in the presence of Lana and Lex.

Oooh..

Interesting.

Crimson is two episodes prior to this, if Lana does indeed learn that Clark has abilities in that episode, her learning that his abilities aren't meteor related would be an interesting new piece to Clark's puzzle...

AssMan said:
Sounds like the next Static & Subterranean
please God no.....i'm losing faith in Smallville.........that's why i turn to Heroes

well Michael Rosenbaum is apparently directing. Maybe He, just like Tom Welling, will turn an ill-promising episode into something decent or so.

You could be right...I didn't have high hopes for "Fragile" last year, but Tom directed an excellent episode, part of it is probably due to his directing ability.

If this is indeed MR's big directing break, lets give him a chance.

triplet said:
Oooh..

Interesting.

Crimson is two episodes prior to this, if Lana does indeed learn that Clark has abilities in that episode, her learning that his abilities aren't meteor related would be an interesting new piece to Clark's puzzle...

that would be great but then the baby wouldnt set it off either (if it is Zods) maybe the freakdar gives lana a false sense of security thinking that the baby is normal:huh:

i like to see them branching out.

that would be great but then the baby wouldnt set it off either (if it is Zods) maybe the freakdar gives lana a false sense of security thinking that the baby is normal:huh:

Its Lex baby for the love of god:whatever:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Holopaxume
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"