BvS All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion - Part 10

Status
Not open for further replies.

I guess DC wants to show a Superman who doesn't always win, but in doing so they mostly chose stories that make it crappy/sad/whatever to be Superman.

But, Sims' Batman comments made me laugh. :woot:

See the interesting thing is I'm not knowledge on Marvel characters so any cameos or easter eggs that are there really mean nothing to me at all. I don't know who they are and aside from the obvious one with the hammer. I'm usually clueless. Most of the GA will be like that I think. So these cameos and easter eggs are really only for comic fans.

Saying that I think Roach might have a point that it will be a good thing to add them. What I don't want is cameos that are useless to the world being built. I don't want them for the sake of a shout out. I want them to have some purpose later on.

How I'd do it:

Batman and Superman stand in the bat cave.
Superman: I may not like your methods but they are effective.
Batman: Not all of us can be aliens.

Two shadows move behind them. Batman and Superman get in defensive stances. Wonder Woman and The Flash emerge from the shadows.
The Flash: We come in peace.
Batman:Why are you here?
The Flash: We need your help.
Wonder Woman: What do you know about Darkseid?

Sounds good to me...but I'd have a problem if they just showed up in the bat cave...lol. What kind of security game is Bats running here...lol.

Sounds good to me...but I'd have a problem if they just showed up in the bat cave...lol. What kind of security game is Bats running here...lol.
batmans-worst-decisions-20110308040938750.jpg

:oldrazz:

I get what you're trying to say. But those examples don't help much...

Indeed they were all cameos. But they were hard-core cheesy. 4 of those movies were cheesy/comedic and those cameos fit in with and contributed to that. I don't want this movie to be like that. At all. That's just taking a walk into Marvel territory. And Marvel movies are plentiful. We don't need DC to morph into them as well.

well considering that those 4 were comedies...lets go with 4 serious movies then...

Charlie Sheen in Being John Malkovich
Peter Benchley in Jaws
William Hurt in A History of Violence
Christopher Walken in Pulp Fiction
Buster Keaton in Sunset Boulevard
Alfred Hitchcock...all his movies
Quentin Tarantino in Desperado

i threw in a few extra

How I'd do it:

Two shadows move behind them. Batman and Superman get in defensive stances. Wonder Woman and The Flash emerge from the shadows.

They can give a minor role to the Flash and WW too.

How I'd do it:

I just can't get on board with this. Just let the movie be the first Bats/Supes movie. Let people think about the events that happened in this movie, rather than taking their attention away from it at the very end. It just seems, I dunno, classier.

would it really be able to keep WW and Flash out?

I just can't get on board with this. Just let the movie be the first Bats/Supes movie. Let people think about the events that happened in this movie, rather than taking their attention away from it at the very end. It just seems, I dunno, classier.

header-humorous-man-of-steel-hardees-commercial.jpg

Hey, he wouldn't make that face at me. I'm trying to keep tag-alongs out of the movie. I'm his only friend.

I saw that Roach....lol...before the edit.

Stop playing with my emotions. You KNOW I hate that. I hate that pairing with a passion of 3 blazing suns. If I even see it in the movie I will walk out!!!

I saw that Roach....lol...before the edit.

Stop playing with my emotions. You KNOW I hate that. I hate that pairing with a passion of 3 blazing suns. If I even see it in the movie I will walk out!!!

the pic was from one of those websites we can't link to...i didn't know you hated the pairing. I am a fan of Clark and Lois but the point of the new 52 (which people tend to forget) is to do things differently.

th

If Wonder Woman was going to hook up with anyone, I'd rather it be Batman.

Yet Supes in the New 52 still wants Lois Lane he thinks she the most amazing woman he's met. Oh don't forget the clois kids Jon and Kon.:woot:

The one above is much better...lol

the pic was from one of those websites we can't link to...i didn't know you hated the pairing. I am a fan of Clark and Lois but the point of the new 52 (which people tend to forget) is to do things differently.

I know, but I'm broken up with DC until they get back to what I like.

Boom...I like the way you think.

Yet Supes in the New 52 still wants Lois Lane he thinks she the most amazing woman he's met. Oh don't forget the clois kids Jon and Kon.:woot:

Give me an issue number and I'll check that one out. I can't take that pairing. It hurts my eyes.

IF wonder woman ever manages to get her own movie, she'll likely be paired up with Steve Trevor IF they want her to have a love interest of her own.

Agreed. Though I'm not keen on the rumour that she might actually be the role that was rumoured as Batman's girlfriend. I wouldn't reduce her to that. I think she needs a better introduction. Personally I think she deserves a film to herself and then maybe they could write in a romance angle in a JLA movie (imo).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"