BvS All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion - Part 10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cameos aren't all that necessary, some kind of verbal or visual easter egg type reference is all that's needed. They did it once or twice on Smallville, once where someone was reading a newspaper that had an article entitled " Themiscyran ambassador to address U.N", or on Arrow, where you keep hearing in the background TV news reports about the "Star Labs particle accelerator" being brought online and the protests against it and all that, which I believe is a precursor to the emergence of the Flash later in the season.

The one above is much better...lol

Give me an issue number and I'll check that one out. I can't take that pairing. It hurts my eyes.

Superboy #19 is the issue for that. But I warn you it's not going to be great if your a Kon fan by Superboy #25. Basically in the New 52 Kon has Lois DNA instead of Lex's so technically he's a clois kid.

jlu_wonder-woman-and-batman.jpeg

WW: Hey, Bruce. How come whenever I try to ask you out you ignore me or try to change the subject?

*Batman thinking to himself* I wonder with his super senses and x-ray vision if he ever notices my heart skips a beat whenever he's around

Batman: ....er, what was that, Diana?

:oldrazz:

Last edited:
Cameos aren't all that necessary, some kind of verbal or visual easter egg type reference is all that's needed. They did it once or twice on Smallville, once where someone was reading a newspaper that had an article entitled " Themiscyran ambassador to address U.N", or on Arrow, where you keep hearing in the background TV news reports about the "Star Labs particle accelerator" being brought online and the protests against it and all that, which I believe is a precursor to the emergence of the Flash later in the season.

I don't think its a precursor to the Flash since in the upcoming teaser we see lightning strike Barry.

Superboy #19 is the issue for that. But I warn you it's not going to be great if your a Kon fan by Superboy #25. Basically in the New 52 Kon has Lois DNA instead of Lex's so technically he's a clois kid.

I'm going to PM you some questions if you don't mind.

lol...I'll leave it to you then, bro! :woot:

I just think that comics should try to do new things especially which characters that have been around for +50 years. I like Spider-man 2099 more than Peter...though I don't like OckSpidey...

I just can't get on board with this. Just let the movie be the first Bats/Supes movie. Let people think about the events that happened in this movie, rather than taking their attention away from it at the very end. It just seems, I dunno, classier.

Agreed, the movie shouod be focused on telling its own story.

If the story is good, no further world building is needed.

I just think that comics should try to do new things especially which characters that have been around for +50 years. I like Spider-man 2099 more than Peter...though I don't like OckSpidey...

I get it...and it's not a bad thing. A lot of Wondy fans have been wanting this as well as some Supes fans, so I don't think they shouldn't have their time too. I just find this pairing incredibly boring. Plus, Wondy should never be reduced to being saved by Superman...and vice versa. I enjoy the strength of her character too much to see that diminished, and that has really nothing to do with being a Lois Lane fan. Yet, I also am a die-hard Lois Lane fan and I really enjoy the dynamic between Supes/Lois/Clark. I think her character grounds him and adds for more emotional arcs.

I guess DC wants to show a Superman who doesn't always win, but in doing so they mostly chose stories that make it crappy/sad/whatever to be Superman.

But, Sims' Batman comments made me laugh. :woot:

Dude, what the hell are your avatars from?

The only cameo I'll ever want for this if they do have one is Darkseid on Apokolips. Anything else and I'm not game.

Agreed, the movie shouod be focused on telling its own story.

If the story is good, no further world building is needed.

so a quick tag at the end would take the focus away from this movie telling it's story?

I have to say I'm more of an old fashioned Lois/Clark fan. To me it's one of those things that should always be.

so a quick tag at the end would take the focus away from this movie telling it's story?

Yes. It would no longer be the resolution of the great (and only) Supes/Bats movie, but instead it would be the introduction to these other characters.

I have to say I'm more of an old fashioned Lois/Clark fan. To me it's one of those things that should always be.

Me too. And yes, we have gotten numerous Lois and Clark stories in the comics. So, even though I don't like this new thing they're trying with Wondy/Supes, I see why they did it. But that's the comics. In the movies, Lois and Clark have never been together properly and it's time to see it.

Yes. It would no longer be the resolution of the great (and only) Supes/Bats movie, but instead it would be the introduction to these other characters.

Hmm...that's an interesting point. I hadn't looked it at like that, but I see where you are coming from.

Given that I'm also a fan of the Lois and Clark/Superman relationship as well, along with how up until MOS, we've never really been treated to a happy take of the relationship on the big screen...I'm definitely one of the individuals that doesn't want a a adaptation of the "Kingdom Come" or even "All-Star" story lines where Lois is either killed off, thus Wonder Woman comes in and becomes Superman's new leading love, or where the final film of the franchise ends with Henry's Superman leaving Amy's Lois to live in the sun and with just the notion being given that he'll return someday.

Ugh, no thanks! I can't stand that one-side mess. Its existence was simply another way to engage in the already egregious amount of Batman d%@k-riding going on in the DCAU. :oldrazz:

Given that I'm also a fan of the Lois and Clark/Superman relationship as well, along with how up until MOS, we've never really been treated to a happy take of the relationship on the big screen...I'm definitely one of the individuals that doesn't want a a adaptation of the "Kingdom Come" or even "All-Star" story lines where Lois is either killed off, thus Wonder Woman comes in and becomes Superman's new leading love, or where the final film of the franchise ends with Henry's Superman leaving Amy's Lois to live in the sun and with just the notion being given that he'll return someday.

Now you see why I don't want those stories...LOL.

Its existence was simply another way to engage in the already egregious amount of Batman d%@k-riding going on in the DCAU. :oldrazz:

So true...so true

Yeah... As much as I adored "Kingdom Come" overall, I was completely meh about the Superman/WW relationship. I definitely could've left it. Superman and Batman have better chemistry with each other than they do with Wondy. Diana and Steve Trevor, on the other hand, are fire.

Yes it would be the resolution of the great (we don't know if its the only one) Supes/Bats movie. They will still get a resolution. Just like the end of BB…there was a resolution and then they teased Joker. This movie would be no different.

I wouldn't want it for the movies either.

Me too. And yes, we have gotten numerous Lois and Clark stories in the comics. So, even though I don't like this new thing they're trying with Wondy/Supes, I see why they did it. But that's the comics. In the movies, Lois and Clark have never been together properly and it's time to see it.

I would absolutely love to see that. Though with how MoS played out that may be closer to reality for the sequel.

:up:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"