BvS All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion - - - - Part 13

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fair warning, might ramble off here...

(1) Gal Godot as WW - cautiously optimistic, probably one of the better choices so far. Don't believe me? In the past, WB wanted Sandra Bullock in the role, then officially (100%) offered it to Jessica Biel in George Millers JL: Mortal, which eventually went to model Megan Gale. We've also had Adrianne palicki on TV. All hot women (Bullock included), only 1 can act. NONE fit the role of the exotic Amazonian woman.

That brings up another point. 4 candidates were up for the role of WW - Jaimie Alexander, Gal Godot, Olga Kurylenko and Elodie Yung. At the risk of sounding prejudiced, do you notice the odd one out? Apart from Alexander, all the other actresses tested had foreign looks. So why was JA in the mix? Was she a studio choice (like Katie Holmes in BB or Garner in Daredevil), due to the potential success of Thor? If true, that means Godot was The FILMMAKERS choice (Like Craig for Bond, or Bale for Batman). Hmm...

(2) the announcement states that Godot will play WW - not Diana, or any other aliases. That suggests that unlike Star Trek Into Darkness or even Iron Man 2, the character 'reveal' will not be a big part of the film - her identity is recognised in the film.

The other part of WW's casting was that she would a love interest of Bruce Wayne. So either we have an IM2- type scenario where Batman slowly discovers who Diana/WW is in the film. The only problem with this? Batman is NOT the lead character in the film, IT IS A MOS SEQUEL (remember this.). What if Bruce and Diana are already aware of each other/have a history?

Then we have another trades report that the Flash will make an appearance in the film as well. Suddenly the film looks like a JL movie after all.

BUT the studio have kept saying it IS a MOS sequel, even registering domain names.

The final reports - the villains in the movie have NOT been confirmed, so we don't know about Lex, Metallo, Doomsday. So far, the only confirmed actor in contention is Callan Mulvey, someone who seems to only fit the role of Metallo. However, the casting has been regarded as THE villain, singular.

So put all this together, and what do you get? A JL movie?

No.

A Batman-Superman movie?

No.

A DCU starting film?

Unlikely.

How about.... A MOS sequel?

All you have to do is one thing...

Make Superman the 'villain'.

What if Flash, WW and Batman, etc. Are all aware of each other, and have decided to come to Metropolis to stop the threat of a 'Superman', a being who can kill people with his bare hands, and who's race tried to destroy the world?

What if Superman has to prove himself to these 'heroes', especially to the one who is most distrustful (and most human)?

What if eventually the need for Superman is established by the emergence of a new villain, that only he can stop?

THAT sounds like an MOS sequel to me...

You my friend have hit the nail on the head - Batfleck stated that this batman is different, but still 'fits' into the canon of what we know, could this be a batman that has a different agenda, using different methods, but still, in keeping with what we know. Bat family, drones, spyware.

WW is involved, but how or why?

Flash is involved, but how or why?

So it makes me think, Batman and WW and flash are aware of each other, Batman has been on the scene, has done his own homework and discovered WW and flash and have bought them together - now, do they want Superman to join, or are they wary of superman!?

We can see a film where Clark is at the planet, with lois - we get the geeky/nerd clark, we also get the localised saves, we get a city divided - we also get a secret super group on his case. We haven't seen this before, but still covers everything we want, showing a wider world - brilliant ideas

Even if we had Wonder Woman and flash coming in to help Batman to supposedly take down Superman, unless we're missing something, I thought the general belief was that Superman was the first person on Earth that was discovered by the public to have powers.

So if Flash and Wonder Woman are already operating about as heroes, then why was Clark so afraid that he'd be discovered for his powers when there are already beings with powers going about around the world?

Well, they could be doing hero stuff, and it's just like it was with Clark; more like an urban legend, or mystery type of thing.

It's possible that they didn't know each other until Batman discovered them and had a meeting with them.

I'm acting as if it's really written that way. I have no idea. Just a rambling thought. :D

That's an interesting concept Mad-sci, however I fear it's too different from what the majority of fans might want from their big team up. Snyder and co have already been burned playing that game(of new direction). That being said I do think they have something unconventional planned.

Fair warning, might ramble off here...

(1) Gal Godot as WW - cautiously optimistic, probably one of the better choices so far. Don't believe me? In the past, WB wanted Sandra Bullock in the role, then officially (100%) offered it to Jessica Biel in George Millers JL: Mortal, which eventually went to model Megan Gale. We've also had Adrianne palicki on TV. All hot women (Bullock included), only 1 can act. NONE fit the role of the exotic Amazonian woman.

That brings up another point. 4 candidates were up for the role of WW - Jaimie Alexander, Gal Godot, Olga Kurylenko and Elodie Yung. At the risk of sounding prejudiced, do you notice the odd one out? Apart from Alexander, all the other actresses tested had foreign looks. So why was JA in the mix? Was she a studio choice (like Katie Holmes in BB or Garner in Daredevil), due to the potential success of Thor? If true, that means Godot was The FILMMAKERS choice (Like Craig for Bond, or Bale for Batman). Hmm...

(2) the announcement states that Godot will play WW - not Diana, or any other aliases. That suggests that unlike Star Trek Into Darkness or even Iron Man 2, the character 'reveal' will not be a big part of the film - her identity is recognised in the film.

The other part of WW's casting was that she would a love interest of Bruce Wayne. So either we have an IM2- type scenario where Batman slowly discovers who Diana/WW is in the film. The only problem with this? Batman is NOT the lead character in the film, IT IS A MOS SEQUEL (remember this.). What if Bruce and Diana are already aware of each other/have a history?

Then we have another trades report that the Flash will make an appearance in the film as well. Suddenly the film looks like a JL movie after all.

BUT the studio have kept saying it IS a MOS sequel, even registering domain names.

The final reports - the villains in the movie have NOT been confirmed, so we don't know about Lex, Metallo, Doomsday. So far, the only confirmed actor in contention is Callan Mulvey, someone who seems to only fit the role of Metallo. However, the casting has been regarded as THE villain, singular.

So put all this together, and what do you get? A JL movie?

No.

A Batman-Superman movie?

No.

A DCU starting film?

Unlikely.

How about.... A MOS sequel?

All you have to do is one thing...

Make Superman the 'villain'.

What if Flash, WW and Batman, etc. Are all aware of each other, and have decided to come to Metropolis to stop the threat of a 'Superman', a being who can kill people with his bare hands, and who's race tried to destroy the world?

What if Superman has to prove himself to these 'heroes', especially to the one who is most distrustful (and most human)?

What if eventually the need for Superman is established by the emergence of a new villain, that only he can stop?

THAT sounds like an MOS sequel to me...

Data-yes.gif

on paper this film should be not just the biggest of 2015, but one of the biggest of all time. I'm talking avatar numbers, if executed right. if it doesn't get anywhere near that, it might be time for wb to find another director for justice league.

What? No way it should be that much.

ЯɘvlveR;27370659 said:
on paper this film should be not just the biggest of 2015, but one of the biggest of all time. I'm talking avatar numbers, if executed right. if it doesn't get anywhere near that, it might be time for wb to find another director for justice league.

Here_we_go_again.jpg

the last batman film made a billion. the last superman film made 600 million. add wonder woman, the fact that it's a sequel, a teamup, and it should get close.

iron man 2 made 600 million, and the avengers ended up making 1.5 billion. there isn't anyone over at marvel that comes close to batman as money maker prior to the avengers. it should get close to 2 billion.

actually, looking at avatar's wiki page, they got goddam near making 3 billion. yeah that was probably a bad comparison. :hehe:

I will say that the first cinematic meeting of Superman, Batman and Wonder Woman should do very well

Yeah, it will do well, no doubt about that.

ЯɘvlveR;27370709 said:
the last batman film made a billion. the last superman film made 600 million. add wonder woman, the fact that it's a sequel, a teamup, and it should get close.

iron man 2 made 600 million, and the avengers ended up making 1.5 billion. there isn't anyone over at marvel that comes close to batman as money maker prior to the avengers. it should get close to 2 billion.

You do realize that the majority of the Avengers' box office came from people who didn't even watch the Phase 1 films? Also, why would you use TDKR numbers when the audience knows this is a different Batman (in fact, it's why people wanted Christian Bale to come back, that way potentially more money could be made)?

When you look at films that are in the 2bil mark, it's because they had a great story, original stuff, strong WOM. I'm not saying BvS can't accomplish that, but being part of the comic book movie genre is going to limit its earning potential (I'd say the ceiling is 1bil, but I'm not even sure if that's possible without getting a taste of what's to offer). But to say it's going to earn Avatar $ without even knowing the context is just delusional.

When you look at films that are in the 2bil mark, it's because they had a great story, original stuff, strong WOM. I'm not saying BvS can't accomplish that, but being part of the comic book movie genre is going to limit its earning potential (I'd say the ceiling is 1bil, but I'm not even sure if that's possible without getting a taste of what's to offer). But to say it's going to earn Avatar $ without even knowing the context is just delusional.

Being part of the comic book movie genre didn't seem to hurt Avengers or IM3.

Well, I guess it's nice that some people are really, really optimistic.

But insane hype kills films.

People kept saying that MOS would be the most epic CBM ever, be the next Dark Knight, etc....

It came out and was a pretty good movie, but not the best ever. And some people just couldn't deal with that. So people might want to try keeping the expectations a little lower this time so that a decent movie doesn't get **** upon for not being the BEST CBM EVER.

Being part of the comic book movie genre didn't seem to hurt Avengers or IM3.

When I said that, I was assuming in the case of BvS that earning potential was 2bil. When compared to other films in the 2bil category, you see that these movies had something absolutely amazing that other blockbuster films didn't have. As such, for 2bil to happen, things would have to be outstanding.

People kept saying that MOS would be the most epic CBM ever, be the next Dark Knight, etc....

It came out and was a pretty good movie, but not the best ever. And some people just couldn't deal with that. So people might want to try keeping the expectations a little lower this time so that a decent movie doesn't get **** upon for not being the BEST CBM EVER.

Which movies were killed by insane hype????

Best CBM ever isn't a rule or a law…it can't be judged or proven. It's up to people to decide which CBM is the best to them. Some people say The Avengers was the best CBM ever…some say The Dark Knight….even others say Spider-man 2 or X2...

Agreed. Let's not get carried away with the hype.

When I said that, I was assuming in the case of BvS that earning potential was 2bil. When compared to other films in the 2bil category, you see that these movies had something absolutely amazing that other blockbuster films didn't have.

James Cameron?

Which movies were killed by insane hype????

Best CBM ever isn't a rule or a law…it can't be judged or proven. It's up to people to decide which CBM is the best to them. Some people say The Avengers was the best CBM ever…some say The Dark Knight….even others say Spider-man 2 or X2...

I'm not saying there is a definitive "best CBM ever." I agree that is highly subjective. But I lurked a lot during the lead up to MOS and there was a large number of people that were saying things like that when the trailers started coming. People were expecting so much and ended up disappointed because they seemed to expect a perfect movie.

James Cameron?

Director as part of the brand appeal may help earning potential, but you also have stuff such as great story (not my opinion of Cameron's films, I'm just saying that's what the GA thinks), strongest WOM that separate the 2bil films from the rest of the film. Both of his films are unique cases though, Titanic was re-released in 3D, which brought it past the 2bil mark, whereas Avatar was able to use the 3D to its advantage due to strong reviews recommending 3D effect.

You do realize that the majority of the Avengers' box office came from people who didn't even watch the Phase 1 films? Also, why would you use TDKR numbers when the audience knows this is a different Batman (in fact, it's why people wanted Christian Bale to come back, that way potentially more money could be made)?
more people saw avengers then most of the phase one films, so why would BvS need bale in order to do tdk numbers? it's still batman and he's still the cash cow.

When you look at films that are in the 2bil mark, it's because they had a great story
which is why i said executed properly.
strong WOM.
and there's been nothing but that with the casting of affleck and gadot.

I'm not saying BvS can't accomplish that, but being part of the comic book movie genre is going to limit its earning potential
and i disagree. titanic was what it was, but avatar is a fantasy film.

But to say it's going to earn Avatar $ without even knowing the context is just delusional.
you edited this very post you quoted where i took back why i said.

actually, looking at avatar's wiki page, they got goddam near making 3 billion. yeah that was probably a bad comparison. :hehe:
i was wrong? what do you want? a cookie?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"