BvS Ben Affleck IS Batman - - Part 17

Status
Not open for further replies.
I gotta say...I wish Ben would have just done the traditional "Zack Snyder film" program and went with Gym Jones. Those guys seem to get the job done right.

^ It takes a team to train a Batfleck. Affleck seems to really be taking this part seriously. I think many will be surprised by his performance.
After all the flack he gets for Daredevil I have no doubt he wants to do a good job in a blockbuster movie. I think all involved are going to do their best, hopefully their best produces a good film that most people can enjoy.

I gotta say...I wish Ben would have just done the traditional "Zack Snyder film" program and went with Gym Jones. Those guys seem to get the job done right.

I'm leaning more that way as well. But I'll reserve judgment until a shirtless pic of Ben is posted or we get a better idea of his physique.

Just checked out Bens Facebook page and found a picture i havent seen before where he looks very much like Bruce Wayne IMO. Sorry if its old(probably and have been posted before.(also probable)

x6h9xl.jpg

^^ Bruce wayne after a hard night of crime fighting! Though I would like Ben's bruce to always look like he's just a lazy playboy and sometimes philanthropist, rather than worn out.
Since Bruce Wayne is his disguise and all.

Like this >>
Ben-affleck.jpg

He can't have anybody suspect his activities after dark now can he? And I'm sure after years of being the goshdarned Batman, he's a pro at the disguise and pulls it off easily. :)

I dunno how old that photo of Ben is. He looks a little heavier there, probably when he was bulking for Batman.

The MOS suit looks like it uses the same material as the ASM suit, but in the making off, when Cavill is walking, it seems like it makes him really stiff, and it doesn't look like it's easy to move his arms. The ASM suit doesn't seem to have that problem.

Since it seems Batman suit will use the same material, I hope he will be able to move really freely, which was near impossible in most previous batsuit. Considering Snyder's team managed to make the nite owl costume easy to move in, I guess it shouldn't be a problem.

I'm wondering if Ben will try to do as much as he can of his own fight scenes, like he did in DD.

I know what you are referring to..
I like watching the extras as well. And even out of context? I suppose that I just translated Henry's "movement" differently..
Like he was saving his energy for when the camera's are rolling.. And moving around cautiously as to not to f**k the suit up between takes.

Like actors rehearsing dialogue...
They may not use the same volume in their voice, may not put all of the emotion behind it in rehearsals.. Saving it for when they are rolling..
But, that doesn't necessarily mean that there is a problem with their vocal chords.

Night-Owl was 25 pounds of rubber..
This new Batman suit looks like material as in MOS..
I think Ben will be fine.. The stuntmen will be fine.. The CGI version will be..
Ah.. Screw the cGi version .. Let that one complain...

I wonder how he'll play Billionaire playboy Bruce Wayne and his interaction with alfred.

^^ Bruce wayne after a hard night of crime fighting! Though I would like Ben's bruce to always look like he's just a lazy playboy and sometimes philanthropist, rather than worn out.
Since Bruce Wayne is his disguise and all.

Like this >>
Ben-affleck.jpg

He can't have anybody suspect his activities after dark now can he? And I'm sure after years of being the goshdarned Batman, he's a pro at the disguise and pulls it off easily. :)
Maybe Jim Lee used Ben Affleck for a template for Bruce Wayne

That's one of the funny things about hearing people complain about how much Affleck was "miscast" as Batman. The guy looks more like Bruce Wayne than any other actor before him. And while I can't guarantee that he'll nail the role, his performance (and physique) in The Town convinced me that it's possible.

"REMEMBER WHO CLIPPED YOUR NUTS FOR YA!"

That's one of the funny things about hearing people complain about how much Affleck was "miscast" as Batman. The guy looks more like Bruce Wayne than any other actor before him. And while I can't guarantee that he'll nail the role, his performance (and physique) in The Town convinced me that it's possible.

"REMEMBER WHO CLIPPED YOUR NUTS FOR YA!"

He does, but to be fair...Keaton looks nothing like Bruce Wayne yet he knocked it out of the park.

I would say, from an acting standpoint, he did. But from a physical standpoint... not just talking looks here but bulking up and training in martial arts... he didn't.

But his fight scenes were still better than Bale's :)

I disagree, no matter how many times people say that.

Daredevil had OTT fight scenes, but at least he was FAST.

Now with the Watchmen/MOS choreographer, Batfleck will be unstoppable :)

But his fight scenes were still better than Bale's :)

Both scenes are pretty poor for different reasons (of course it's not their faults), Bale had awkward choreography (with some stiff movements) while Keaton looked stiff and moved like a tank, which made the action scenes somewhat unconvincing.

If you had to make me pick, I'd still take Bale's since it at least looks better than Keaton. Though I'm interested in Snyder's take on Batman action.

True. So far no Batman film has done the character justice in terms of martial arts/fight scenes. I was so looking forward to Bats vs Bane. I honestly thought Nolan and his choreographers had taken on board the criticisms of the other movies. But nope. Bats vs Bane is one of the most poorly choreographed fight scenes i've ever seen in a big movie. Bane's spinning punch... thingy made me laugh. As did Batman throwing those smoke pellets at him. (although the atmosphere and Bane's dialogue was great for sure). Visually it was just... bleh.

I'm confident that will change soon though.

Yeah, the Keaton fight scenes primarily consisted of him standing still or getting his ass kicked until he landed one good punch or kick.

The part where the crazy shouty sword Joker goon was attacking him was cool though. The way he was just nonchalantly deflecting his strikes. Then casually boots the guy in the face. Awesome.

And of course in the Axis chemicals scene we get the patented "Batman backhand".

The part where the crazy shouty sword Joker goon was attacking him was cool though. The way he was just nonchalantly deflecting his strikes. Then casually boots the guy in the face. Awesome.

And of course in the Axis chemicals scene we get the patented "Batman backhand".

Which totally works btw, i used that move back in high school when i got in a fight.

Yea but did you do it on an unsuspecting enemy whilst hiding behind a corner? :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"