The Dark Knight Rises Catwoman Casting Thread [Merged x6]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I cant really make an opinion on somebody just based on some pictures. I dont know if she has been suggested around here before or is somewhat famous. Apparanty her name is Jordana Brewster. Never heard of her before.

She's most famous for her role in The Fast & The Furious playing the Vin Diesal's character's sister (the one Paul Walker's character falls for), she's also been in the awesome film D.E.B.S., & also starring in the upcoming Fast & the Furious 4 film.

Personally I feel she couldn't really pull off the naughty but nice type, she played a character like that in in D.E.B.S. but just didn't get the naughty bit right, super hot though.

I think you are misunderstanding me Crook because what Im talking about is very obvious. And its very hard to describe in words. Like with Rachel Dawes, I imagine Maggie to not copy Katie Holmes but try to make a different take on the character. And whoever gets cast as Catwoman will do the same. Catwoman will be different in the same way Bale's Batman is different from Keaton or West.
But with Batman, there really are different takes to the character, as a result of the many different incarnations in the comics. With Keaton, it was the silent and calm Batman, while Bale approached an aggressive type that put out a scary facade.

I'm simply asking a few descriptions of the same thing for Catwoman, because I do not believe she has the benefit of having the same degree of freedom. Her Catwoman persona just has not changed in the same way that Joker or Batman has. The sexy thrillseeker provides little variance, no?

But if we are talking about the character's "major" changes, I think she will be more anti-hero than a villian and less cuckoo than Michelle's for example. I'd also imagine Selina and Catwoman being portrayed as they were two completely different characters.
I've already stated Selina is probably the one aspect that will change the most, and for the better. Most likely to resemble the comic book version more. I still maintain the position that Catwoman has very little to room to alter however.

How about her:

Jordana_Brewster_Biography.jpg

Jordana_Brewster_Biography_2.jpg

Jordana_Brewster_Biography_3.jpg

may be if she looked like this:

1p6.jpg

If we have to put her in and I suppose we will because of the number of Catwoman fans (even if her books keep getting cancelled) then I think Beckinsale would be the best at it.... I think Jolie could pull it off too though...

I would prefer not to put Catwoman in though because whoever does it is either going to butcher her or make her role pretty pointless... shes a very difficult character to portray correctly on film

If we have to put her in and I suppose we will because of the number of Catwoman fans (even if her books keep getting cancelled) then I think Beckinsale would be the best at it.... I think Jolie could pull it off too though...

I would prefer not to put Catwoman in though because whoever does it is either going to butcher her or make her role pretty pointless... shes a very difficult character to portray correctly on film

What's difficult about? She's does not have super powers.

I think I take bac kwhat I said about Blanchett being good for Catwoman years back and not at this time. Look how amazing she looks here!
richard-bailey_02.jpg

richard-bailey_05.jpg

Sure she probably has alot of make up on, but they can probably make her look the same, or better on screen.

Sorry, not buying her for the role. Cate just exudes a different type of beauty, one that's not in line with Selina at all.

She's most famous for her role in The Fast & The Furious playing the Vin Diesal's character's sister (the one Paul Walker's character falls for), she's also been in the awesome film D.E.B.S., & also starring in the upcoming Fast & the Furious 4 film.

Personally I feel she couldn't really pull off the naughty but nice type, she played a character like that in in D.E.B.S. but just didn't get the naughty bit right, super hot though.
:dry: For the love of god! Why do people suggest these types of actors?!

Sorry, not buying her for the role. Cate just exudes a different type of beauty, one that's not in line with Selina at all.
normally, id agree, and i still do to an extent, but after seeing that whole photoshoot, she looks so damn good!

Even though Cate is an great actress but I don't see her as Selina.

Fair enough. I could kind of see her in the role, especially if she looks like that, but other than that, no. I still think she woulda been good a few years back.

Some of her roles I seen she kinda of played tough guy image...

but those pictures looking good though.

She probably has loads of make up though. But that look is the look id like her to have more often. And with that look, i cna see her in the role,kind of

So here's a random suggestion; Since she's costarring with Bale ala Terminator 4, how would you guys feel about Bryce Dallas Howard as Selina?
Bryce%20Dallas%20Howard%20HQ%20Busty.jpg

I'm pretty sure Bale has some influence on T4 with Jonah Nolan reviewing the script/story, maybe Howard could have a shot here.

So here's a random suggestion; Since she's costarring with Bale ala Terminator 4, how would you guys feel about Bryce Dallas Howard as Selina?
Bryce%20Dallas%20Howard%20HQ%20Busty.jpg

I'm pretty sure Bale has some influence on T4 with Jonah Nolan reviewing the script/story, maybe Howard could have a shot here.

Wasn't she in Spider-Man 3? Anyway I could see her as Ivy not selina not cos the read hair she has now in the picture.

Hair is easily fixable, and I don't think her role in Spidey 3 was that dominant as to comic fans only seeing her as Gwen Stacy

Hair is easily fixable, and I don't think her role in Spidey 3 was that dominant as to comic fans only seeing her as Gwen Stacy

I don't , she's welcome on board if Nolan wanted her.

She has a very beautiful face, but she'd have to mature a bit more before I can see her alongside Bale.

Her, i dont see. Shes like Amy adams. Both have that young face that I dont see working for any bat character.

its not a big deal, but theres one pic from SM3 where she has those cat like eyes...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"