Confession is good for the Hype. - - - - - - Part 15

Over the summer one bedroom apartments were 99.7% full and rent averaged at $2000. I work two jobs and could just pay the rent. Hard to say about the cat. Adoption centers aren’t taking cats, they’re packed full. Everyone returned pets after the pandemic.

Dad and I get along better than in the past but we aren’t close. We don’t have much in common.

Last edited:
Over the summer one bedroom apartments were 99.7% full and rent averaged at $2000. I work two jobs and could just pay the rent. Hard to say about the cat. Adoption centers aren’t taking cats, they’re packed full. Everyone returned pets after the pandemic.

Dad and I get along better than in the past but we aren’t close. We don’t have much in common.
Oh wow, sorry to hear. If you can tolerate living with your dad maybe it's the best option for now. I guess he doesn't like cats?

No, he doesn’t. Worse, it still has it’s claws. Our previous ones were all declawed so they couldn’t damage anything. Like I said, he and I tolerate each other but we aren’t friends.

A coworker said there are cheap apartments nearby, so who knows.

I was probably near a panic attack yesterday and thankfully I’m much more clear headed today. If dad doesn’t want me to move it with him, he’ll help me find a way.

No, he doesn’t. Worse, it still has it’s claws. Our previous ones were all declawed so they couldn’t damage anything. Like I said, he and I tolerate each other but we aren’t friends.

A coworker said there are cheap apartments nearby, so who knows.

I was probably near a panic attack yesterday and thankfully I’m much more clear headed today. If dad doesn’t want me to move it with him, he’ll help me find a way.
Hopefully there are cheaper alternatives, even if a bit further away. Good luck with it all and glad to hear you're feeling a bit better.

i confess sometimes i think about cutting off certain family members

because they only reach out to me when they need something of me.

because none of my siblings are helping me take care of my dad, let alone visit him, ask about him etc, which falls in with above

i confess sometimes i think about cutting off certain family members
I probably would if I was in the same situation. They don’t seem to be adding much to your life and only in it for what they can get out of you. Blood relationships mean a lot to me when the family involved act like they’re my family, otherwise they mean nothing to me.

caring for an aging or ill parent is a challenge by itself, let alone without any support. you are doing a noble thing, CC. your dad won't be here forever but at least you won't have to live with the regret of neglecting him

thankfully I've never been in your type of situation with my siblings. though a line's gotta be drawn somewhere regardless .

Last edited:
because they only reach out to me when they need something of me.

because none of my siblings are helping me take care of my dad, let alone visit him, ask about him etc, which falls in with above

Nothing wrong with cutting people off when all they are thinking of is themselves. They're "looking out for number one" and maybe you should do the same. Don't even have to tell them you're cutting them out if you don't like confrontation, just ghost 'em and see how long it takes for them to even notice. Then you'll see if there's any limit to their selfishness, and hopefully coax one or two to start being more conscientious

_____

I have a confession I'd like to share. I feel increasingly these days like humanity might... not be worth it. We're just bombarded daily with the utter s**ttiness humans are capable of, and at this point I just feel like our net effect as a species is negative.
Like, what have we done to make the world better? Nothing. We kill other species, we kill each other, we kill the planet. We've taken a beautiful lush green and blue world and turn it to grey ash. Agent Smith was right, we're a virus. We multiply, consume, and destroy, providing no benefit. All the other species of the world would be better off if we did not exist. I know there's good people doing good work out there, but I feel like our negatives outweigh the positives. It feels like one awful person doing awful things typically has a much bigger effect than all the people doing small good things.
I'm at a point that, if the Climate or some other catastrophe destroys us, I ain't mad. I welcome our new robot overlords. If someone handed me a button to set off all the world's nukes, I might press it. I'd feel bad for my loved ones and for the good people here and out there, but I feel like I'd be doing the planet (and universe) as a whole a big favor.
Idk, maybe 2022 is my super-villain origin story, or maybe I'm just super depressed. Felt I should confess it, especially since I can't afford therapy.

You aren’t alone. I just saw that people are donating to Kanye so he can be a billionaire again. Donate to the poor? Nah, donate to the narcissistic multimillionaire antiSemite.

I confess I still prefer LG necklace Bluetooth headphones over buds.

I confess that I have deep, emotional attractions to both BTAS!Batman/Bruce Wayne and 66!Batman/Bruce Wayne.

I also confess that I inherited the latter from my mom.

You aren’t alone. I just saw that people are donating to Kanye so he can be a billionaire again. Donate to the poor? Nah, donate to the narcissistic multimillionaire antiSemite.
That is seriously warped. What a cause to donate to, even for someone you happen to like.

On the flip side, I heard that Bezos gave Dolly Parton 100 million dollars to dole out to charities. I haven’t researched if that’s true, but if there’s any celebrity I’d ever give my money to, to help make things better, it’d be her.
she’d have been a billionaire if she wasn’t constantly giving or donating her money away.

I recently learned within the last year or two that she was an uncredited executive produce of Buffy the Vampire Slayer.

I confess that I originally joined this site ironically (aka the only superhero I knew and liked at the time was X2!Kurt cause of Alan Cumming).

I also confess that it’s not ironic anymore cause I’m actually into superheroes now.

I'm learning how common LGBTQ people are. I always assumed that everyone was straight and there was the occasional gay or lesbian person around. Several years ago, I worked in a department with two gay men, which was enough for us to be "the gay department." In my current job, two former coworkers were bi, and another was trans. In the current crew, one is trans and the other is asexual. At my second job, I found out that a woman there has a girlfriend.

It is eye opening for me. The woman at my second job is especially interesting to me. I know this sounds harsh and I don't mean to be rude or offensive but you can tell that there is something biologically different about her. She's obviously female but she looks very unfeminine. She doesn't look like a man, but she's over six feet and is just...big.

It was a little awkward today, because she was telling me about her Steven Universe tattoo. I knew the show had queer and trans themes and I wondered to myself if she is trans. I didn't say anything but I know my face changed when she mentioned the show. She noticed but didn't say anything.

I confess Taylor Swift is indeed the Queen of Pop.

I work across from someone who half a dozen times an hour does this thing where it sounds like hes sucking in air. It's driving me bananas and I now have headphones in so I don't freak out. I wish I could just say, what the eff are you doing? But there's no way I can say it without coming off as antagonistic.

I can’t believe I’m confessing this but…I have a thing for Kevin Conroy.

Have done for awhile, too, but I didn’t realize it till very recently.

People never cease to amaze.

A while ago, the animal shelter that I work at hired a vet technician and we were all happy to have our own medical professional around. It turns out she wasn't certified and was only an assistant. She went over the head of the foundation's leader a few times regarding the health of some of the cats. She tried to have one put to sleep even though both the person in charge and veterinarian said it wasn't necessary. I found out today that three litters of kittens died after she had the mother cats neutered too soon after giving birth. They stopped producing milk and the kittens passed. She and another fired employee had been talking about the foundation's leader, trying to turn employees against her.

She kind of made me think of Annie Wilkes from Misery.

caring for an aging or ill parent is a challenge by itself, let alone without any support. you are doing a noble thing, CC. your dad won't be here forever but at least you won't have to live with the regret of neglecting him

thankfully I've never been in your type of situation with my siblings. though a line's gotta be drawn somewhere regardless .
@ComicChick is a badass.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"