Fantastic Four reborn! - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
The reason the Red Ghost was "Red" was because he was a commie - and just because the USSR is gone, that does not mean he could not be a commie from China or North Korea - NK would probably be better and more topical since they are pretty much out of control with all the b.s. they have been pulling lately. Aren't the on the brink of being able to put a rocket in orbit which gives them the tech to launch a nuke anywhere on earth - sounds like a potential problem to me and something that could easily be used as a starting point for Red Ghost. Again, he's not my first choice for someone to build a movie around, but he might work well as a pre-title or secondary villain.

China doesn't even have a communist economy anymore and North Korea doesn't have a fraction of the power USSR had, its unlikely they could develop a missile to hit the US any time soon and frankly I don't think the North Korean government is suicidal enough to try and nuke a US city, Kim Jong-Un can't continue to rule over North Korea if North Korea is a crater. Plus Red Ghost is Russian, him working for North Korea makes no sense. The Soviets didn't get along with the Chinese Communist party, so seems unlikely that a Russian would work for them or the North Koreans.

Really if Red Ghost is going to be the villain, he needs more of a compelling personality then "Bwa, ha, ha! I will destroy capitalism by defeating the Fantastic Four!" If all he is some generic villain who happens to be communist he is going to be lame and really come off as outdated. I like the idea expressed on this thread of the Red Ghost as an ex Soviet scientist who tries to duplicate the cosmic radiation experiment on unwilling subjects. That makes him pretty sinister, more evil for his actions then ideology.

However he would be far more evil if he is performing these experiments on humans rather then apes. I think the super apes would be a hard for the general audience to buy and having them use super powers convincingly would be hard to pull off.

I'm not really clear on the Negative Zone giving them their powers. Does it give everyone powers who goes there? I thought the explanation in the Ultimate comics was pretty laughable. That said, an accidental Negative Zone opening/vacuum effect easily explains how Sue and Johnny are there.

I mean, obviously Dr. Doom doesn't tie into the origin. I think Mole Man, having his clay/experiment turned into living stuff, or Wizard (with his latest mental breakdown) could make for great villains who are part of the operation... and then aren't.

It's very interesting to see this discussion as it rolls out. It looks like we all kind of have our pet ideas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"