Justice League Justice League: News and Speculation - - Part 11

Status
Not open for further replies.
Joker has taken on the whole JL before by himself. And my point is that it would be a waste of a Superman movie. You would be throwing away a great Superman story for a great Superman film by not having one of Superman's greatest enemies there. You wouldn't be throwing anything away by not having Brainiac in a JL film because there are tons of other JL villains just as great or even greater. Brainiac can work in JL but it would be 100% necessary and a waste of a Superman film, as well as a waste of some other JL villain.

Loki has always been both a Thor villain and an Avengers villain; Brainiac has always been a Superman villain that sometimes took on the Justice League.

And you're still trying to justify the Joker thing. Joker can not provide the physical abilities to take on the league, nor does he have to power to do so unless aided with something else. Brainiac has the means, power and strength to do so and has done so more than the Joker when it comes to facing the JL. And yes, there are other villains who would work just as well if not better than Brainiac in a JL movie. However, that isn't the point here.

Loki having fought the Avengers before does not make him both an Avengers villain and a Thor villain if the same can't be said for Brainiac. He is inherently Thor's villain first and foremost(yes I know he was the first villain TA faced together), and has the connection with him(Just like Brainiac is Superman's villain, and has the sole connection to him out of the rest of the JL). It's really no different. Nothing would be taken away from Brainiac. His past can still be delved into, his character explored, his abilities used to their full potential. Where he came from can be explained by Superman, J'onn, or GL. It works on all of those levels, which makes him fit. Brainiac would not be wasted in JL at all.

Last edited:
So what villains are solely Justice League and not from any of the other comics?

Last edited:
Why is him being an alien important? Multiple people here already addressed that.

Why does everything alien related have to be saved for JL? Funny how people complain that shared universes limit originality and creativity only to pitch ideas that do just that. Not everything has to lead to something bigger in JL. You seem to be under the impression that just because a bunch of solo films are in a shared universe then that means that everything has to be connected to and lead into JL; it doesn't. The proper way to do a shared universe is by having self-contained movies that go all out and try to be great movies as opposed to prequels to JL while still having the big bad JL film at the end. Basically, the story in JL should never be put before the stories in solo films.

The JL is not there to fight aliens. They're there to fight threats that no one superhero can face alone and that includes non-alien threats. Brainiac and Zod are both villains that Superman can face alone.

There are plenty of other Superman villains that can be there to show humans abusing K Tech - Bizarro, Parasite, Metallo, etc. All of those fit that theme a lot better and can fit that theme without being butchered. You don't have to butcher Brainiac to show that. Plus, how do you know humans will gain access to K Tech in MOS? There is no evidence to suggest that. Not even a scoop to suggest that. That is purely a speculation on your part.

I'm just going with that K Tech angle regarding Brainiac. Combining a couple of his other incarnations, which wouldn't be made up.

Does it have to happen? No

But of course, you're right. That angle is speculation. We know the final battle takes place in space in MOS(?)
Black Zero might be unobtainable. It might be destroyed.
But it doesn't stop the sequel having them explore the possibility of Earth using the K Tech.

They reach it. The ruins are salvaged.
That angle does benefit a lot of story points, as we know. But we don't know if they thought of that whilst writing MOS. But a sequel just might roll with it.

Heck, they might uses Brainiac's technology if he appears. It's just odd for them to discard this amazing stuff without glancing at it just once to learn from it!

But in order to take a grounded civilization in MOS, and catapult it into a century, giving it a plausible explanation, I think the K Tech plot should be used.

I think if there is any story that lends itself to great JLA stories it would have to be Tower of Babel. The group dynamic or drama really ramps up towards the end of the story when it's revealed its Batman who devised how to take down his own teammates.

Its been a while since I read the story and watched the animated movie, but this story takes place a few years down the Justice League's history so it would be hard to do it for live action. Unless people just accept the Legion of Doom right off the bat and go with it.

From Batman's reaction of his parent's graves being desacrated, his reaction to finding out his secret protocols to take down his own teammates are being used, to everyone's reaction that he actually has this protocol. It is just a great story.

And the tremendous ending where they fire him and him being unapologetic at what he's done. It was if the Legion of Doom wasn't even the villain of the piece, but Batman himself. Truly great story that lends itself to high drama and great action sequences.

They would only do that, with the firing and making Bats the "villain" almost, if Bale was coming back just for a 1 picture deal. But they would have to change the Ra's element.

I don't think they would go this route with a younger Batman or the rebooted one in general because they'll want to keep him for a JL sequel and have the solo movies in the same continuity, with tie-ins probably. Plus we need a break from the Al Ghul's.

It's a great story though. One I wouldn't mind seeing if Bale had returned for a one-shot.

I think with all the obsession with justice and the League of Shadows there are so many opportunities to go the Justice League route with Bale. Yknow, he was supposed to be leader of the LOS and everything. He was ready to join and lead a "League of justice" or what he thought was. Except, he should now take that idea and use it to form the real Justice League. The "good guy" equivalent of the LOS which he destroyed.
This is all backstory and character development needed. To start a new Batman who is hiding in the shadows who is then like "okay let's join up" it's so juvenile sounding.

Last edited:
They would only do that, with the firing and making Bats the "villain" almost, if Bale was coming back just for a 1 picture deal. But they would have to change the Ra's element.

I don't think they would go this route with a younger Batman or the rebooted one in general because they'll want to keep him for a JL sequel and have the solo movies in the same continuity, with tie-ins probably. Plus we need a break from the Al Ghul's.

It's a great story though. One I wouldn't mind seeing if Bale had returned for a one-shot.

And WB wouldn't want Batman in the role. The Tower of Babel is a DC Animated movie not a live action film.

I think with all the obsession with justice and the League of Shadows there are so many opportunities to go the Justice League route with Bale. Yknow, he was supposed to be leader of the LOS and everything. He was ready to join and lead a "League of justice" or what he thought was. Except, he should now take that idea and use it to form the real Justice League. The "good guy" equivalent of the LOS which he destroyed.
This is all backstory and character development needed. To start a new Batman who is hiding in the shadows who is then like "okay let's join up" it's so juvenile sounding.
Yeah, tell me about it. It's like straight out of a cartoon or comic..which will be cool visually, but there is just so much set-up with the League of Shadows/Bruce that it would be PERFECT to get Bruce to form the league. The veteran who is in disguise, on the other side of the planet, hiding, keeping tabs on all these heroes during his "peaceful retirement". Then he meets Superman. Appoints him as the leader on the field and the one to personally meet with the others, and "assemble" them for a lack of a better term. Bruce acts as the mysterious leader behind the scenes but only in the first Act. Bruce becomes Batman again for the bulk of the movie.

That's only one way. Im sure there's quite a few options. It just has a great set-up with a whole trilogy behind them of not just stories and themes but of billions of dollars. Not to count MOS.

And WB wouldn't want Batman in the role. The Tower of Babel is a DC Animated movie not a live action film.
Right. They'll want Batman portrayed as a heroic individual and not to confuse him with some villainous plot. Not in live-action anyway. Maybe Keaton's Batman could get away with it because he was already an unforgiving murderer. It would fit that character a little more.

Well Robinov said a rebooted Batman would be some time into his career. So I expect that Batman to be willing if he's out of the shadows to Gotham.

Im sure a rebooted Batman would be only a year or two into his career. Think Bale in TDK but in a slightly more fantastical world.

Im sure a rebooted Batman would be only a year or two into his career. Think Bale in TDK but in a slightly more fantastical world.

1-2 years would be good enough.

He's fresh, but established. It means we can bear witness to his growing career, instead of him being around for 10 years, where he's met everyone and done everything.

lol, "slightly". That's underselling it.:funny:
I don't think it will be a major jump. I do think it will only be a slightly more fantasy-driven franchise. But a lot more realistic than we think it's going to be. I don't think it will be 100 percent Arkham City or The Animated Series brought to life....not at all.

1-2 years would be good enough.

He's fresh, but established. It means we can bear witness to his growing career, instead of him being around for 10 years, where he's met everyone and done everything.
Yeah that's how I see it playing out.

But he hasn't "done everything". For example, he hasn't met Superman yet :p And we've honestly had such a great portrayal of Gordon, Alfred, Fox, Bruce and his family, Gotham as a real city. And we're going to have other people try to upstage these great actors a year after their latest portrayal?? If Goyer is writing Justice League at the moment it just seems so far fetched. And people are saying Bryan Cranston should play Gordon because he voiced him in the cartoon and currently sort of looks like him, as well as suggesting the guy playing the Lone Ranger as Batman. I mean that's so predictable. Does WB really want to reboot these characters with such type-cast actors?

We have arguably the best James Gordon on screen and we're going to cast someone with a mustache and glasses and go "see ANYONE can be Gordon...you just have to believe" it's so stupid it makes my head hurt. Thinking they have no other choice but to reboot Batman because Nolan said he's finished with this character is a load of crap. Nolan isn't the God to the universe, he doesn't own the character, he isn't Christian Bale himself.

Goyer can just as easily provide the story for JL (which he wants to do) why would he want to use a new Batman rather than one he spent 10 years developing? Why would anyone want a shared DCU where a great amount of detail went into Kal-El's origin, relationship with his parents and parent figures and his journey from a bearded man who walks the Earth to a Superhero if they're going to virtually erase the Batman version of that origin and start with "The Batman" a mysterious guy who we don't know anything about (except we really do because we just saw THREE movies about him)? When they can easily go "Hey remember Batman? He's still around. Time to move onto more harder characters to do". And if they DO want a Batman with an origin, why on Earth would they tell the same story over again when we have a great quasi-realistic quasi-fantasy Batman origin already that is similar in many ways to MOS? Made by the same people!

This is all without mentioning the financial benefit of keeping Bale and the gang.

CHEIWW.png

Last edited:
]1-2 years would be good enough.[/B]

Almost like Batman Origins?

But he hasn't "done everything". For example, he hasn't met Superman yet :p And we've honestly had such a great portrayal of Gordon, Alfred, Fox, Bruce and his family, Gotham as a real city. And we're going to have other people try to upstage these great actors a year after their latest portrayal?? If Goyer is writing Justice League at the moment it just seems so far fetched. And people are saying Bryan Cranston should play Gordon because he voiced him in the cartoon and currently sort of looks like him, as well as suggesting the guy playing the Lone Ranger as Batman. I mean that's so predictable. Does WB really want to reboot these characters with such type-cast actors?

We have arguably the best James Gordon on screen and we're going to cast someone with a mustache and glasses and go "see ANYONE can be Gordon...you just have to believe" it's so stupid it makes my head hurt. Thinking they have no other choice but to reboot Batman because Nolan said he's finished with this character is a load of crap. Nolan isn't the God to the universe, he doesn't own the character, he isn't Christian Bale himself.

Goyer can just as easily provide the story for JL (which he wants to do) why would he want to use a new Batman rather than one he spent 10 years developing? Why would anyone want a shared DCU where a great amount of detail went into Kal-El's origin, relationship with his parents and parent figures and his journey from a bearded man who walks the Earth to a Superhero if they're going to virtually erase the Batman version of that origin and start with "The Batman" a mysterious guy who we don't know anything about (except we really do because we just saw THREE movies about him)? When they can easily go "Hey remember Batman? He's still around. Time to move onto more harder characters to do". And if they DO want a Batman with an origin, why on Earth would they tell the same story over again when we have a great quasi-realistic quasi-fantasy Batman origin already that is similar in many ways to MOS? Made by the same people!

This is all without mentioning the financial benefit of keeping Bale and the gang.

CHEIWW.png

Well the Spider-Man team were the same when they made the reboot :o

But I get what you're saying.

However, wouldn't Goyer be writing this new Batman for JL, for somebody else to take the helm of things in his own franchise?

Goyer is setting up these heroes in JL, but that doesn't mean every one of their stories or characterization will be written by him in other things.

All he has to do is set up Batman in a basic form, write his adventure in JL, and the rest of it will be taken care of by somebody else in the future.

CHEIWW.png

Ever read something so stupid that you don't know where to even begin responding to that? That's me right now. So I won't respond. I also stopped reading he moment you said that cating the guy that would make the absolute perfect Gordon - one e en better than Oldman - would be stupid. Funny how you Nolanites complain that the reboot will not be able to top things from the Nolan films but when it has the chance to do just that by casting even more fantastic actors than the previous ones, you call it stupid. I have a feeling you will give the reboot the Marc Webb treatment - regardless of what it does, you will complain.

The rest of your post is nothing new either. All the things you addressed are garbage that we already addressed to you over and over again for pages. Just give it up, dude. Everyone here got over whole Bale/rebooted Batman topic and moved on to different discussions.

CHEIWW.png
When it comes to Cranston playing Gordon, im a MASSIVE supporter of that idea. He's the next perfect guy for the role after Oldman. It's not just the look (well, the season 1 of Breaking Bad look) and the voice..but he's a fantastic actor.

But I agree. The only thing is WB may have the exact same mindset as you, but Bale says no because of Nolan's lack of involvement..then you can't exactly fault them for needing to reboot the character with a different actor.

Its just redundant and predictable. Its an obvious choice. Its too soon for so many reasons. People haven't moved on from the topic because the topic isn't settled!

Last edited:
How is it redundant or predictable? We only saw him voice Gordon once in a DTV barely anyone saw and if the man is the best man for the job, then why throw that away? You are literally saying that they should throw away the only man that can top Oldman. And why? Simply because you don't want to see Oldman topped or something?

And to who exactly is it an obvious choice? The comic book fans that are saying this are a very small minority of the whole population. Most people that see the next Batman film won't even think that at all, if Cranston is in it.

You are getting desperate. You're now just making up reasons to not see a new Batman. No one else's posts here reek of as much Nolan bias as yours do, Great Minds.

Don't worry everyone! Damon Lindelof (the writer of the dreadful Prometheus) has the answer:

From The Hollywood Reporter:
THR: If Warner Bros called and asked you to help solve their Justice League problem, would you take that call?

Lindelof: The Justice League problem? I think a lot of that depends on Man of Steel. The Justice League problem is not a problem of, who is the bad guy that Wonder Woman and Green Lantern, Superman, whoever you decide to pit them against. The problem is: What’s the tone of that movie? They’ve been struggling with launching their own tone. The tone of Green Lantern is very different from the tone of The Dark Knight. They clearly inhabit two entirely different worlds. You want to feel like someone is establishing a world where the Justice League can exist, maybe Man of Steel is that movie. If Man of Steel works, and it’s great, I think it starts to make sense where Paradise Island is in that world. Because that’s an entirely different world than the one Christopher Nolan introduced.

Oldman is pure gold in the role and one of the best actors of all time. But if there was one man who can match or perhaps top Gary, it's Bryan Cranston.

Im much more excited for Bale to return but if I heard it was rebooted and the cast included Cranston I would be jumping for joy. Breaking Bad's my favorite tv series.

Don't worry everyone! Damon Lindelof (the writer of the dreadful Prometheus) has the answer:

From The Hollywood Reporter:
THR: If Warner Bros called and asked you to help solve their Justice League problem, would you take that call?

Lindelof: The Justice League problem? I think a lot of that depends on Man of Steel. The Justice League problem is not a problem of, who is the bad guy that Wonder Woman and Green Lantern, Superman, whoever you decide to pit them against. The problem is: What’s the tone of that movie? They’ve been struggling with launching their own tone. The tone of Green Lantern is very different from the tone of The Dark Knight. They clearly inhabit two entirely different worlds. You want to feel like someone is establishing a world where the Justice League can exist, maybe Man of Steel is that movie. If Man of Steel works, and it’s great, I think it starts to make sense where Paradise Island is in that world. Because that’s an entirely different world than the one Christopher Nolan introduced.

From what we've seen of MOS, it seems to have the perfect tone between all elements a comic book movie should have, which means literally anything can exist in that universe :yay:.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"