Justice League Justice League: News and Speculation - - - Part 12

Status
Not open for further replies.
And the combat here was excellent. I want the next films to focus a little more on Bat's hand to hand combat (& show it for longer periods when it happens) and detective skills. His training was great in Begins & partly realised in the other films but it seemed a little bit brawler for my tastes rather than showcasing all those skills he would have learnt. Perfect in this clip.
That's because they move like they're fighting in cotton gis, not full body armor. :oldrazz:

I do wonder what a full CGI Batman film would look like. The body movement and the eyes were very well done. Of course, full human faces (mouth movement, which we barely saw any of here) and daylight work are still difficult but you could do a noir detective story with Batman and it wouldn't be ridiculous.

Snyder would destroy that, in the best way imaginable. But the actor is very important, so im still skeptical. But the reboot NEEDS that Arkham treatment.

That's because they move like they're fighting in cotton gis, not full body armor. :oldrazz:

I do wonder what a full CGI Batman film would look like. The body movement and the eyes were very well done. Of course, full human faces (mouth movement, which we barely saw any of here) and daylight work are still difficult but you could do a noir detective story with Batman and it wouldn't be ridiculous.
Haha true, didn't look like they were carrying much weight. It's still early I think but a full CGI Batman on the technology of say 6-7 years time will be a real possibility.

yeah I still dont get why DC is pushing Cyborg so hard.

Oh dear god please no CGI Batman! Jesus Christ why in the hell?

I actually don't mind Cyborg. Wouldn't mind if he was used. I don't have any attachment to Martian Manhunter so I can care less. But they would need to have MM somewhere in the trilogy if Cyborg was being used, same with Aquaman.

They wouldn't use Cyborg unless it was with a rebooted Batman. You don't use a Teen Titans member and not have the Dick Grayson-Robin in that world.

I like Cyborg as a character and I like John Stewart's Green Lantern. I don't know why everyone's pickin on the brothers of DC! :funny:

I actually don't mind Cyborg. Wouldn't mind if he was used. I don't have any attachment to Martian Manhunter so I can care less. But they would need to have MM somewhere in the trilogy if Cyborg was being used, same with Aquaman.

They wouldn't use Cyborg unless it was with a rebooted Batman. You don't use a Teen Titans member and not have the Dick Grayson-Robin in that world.

I like Cyborg as a character and I like John Stewart's Green Lantern. I don't know why everyone's pickin on the brothers of DC! :funny:

Cyborg just seems too forced, and extremely out of place in the Justice League. I would far rather see John Stewart, who's character I really enjoyed on the animated series. I agree with there needing to be some ethnic diversity. I also liked how on the animated series the Thanigarians were basicly latinos. lol!

Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, and The Flash for the first Justice League film.

Later on down the line Martian Manhunter and Aquaman would be good additions.

Yeah, it's forced. But I don't really think we're going to get him or Aquaman in the first movie anyway.

Why can't J'onn J'onnz just be black, or asian, or hispanic, or a woman? Because he can, and has, y'know, been all those things.

Can you even have that much ethnic diversity in a team were were 4/7's of the "big 7" aren't even human?

Cyborg just seems too forced, and extremely out of place in the Justice League. I would far rather see John Stewart, who's character I really enjoyed on the animated series. I agree with there needing to be some ethnic diversity. I also liked how on the animated series the Thanigarians were basicly latinos. lol!

It might seem that way, but he has been a member of the team for at least two years now in both the comics and in animated feature films.

200px-CY.png

Cyborg

He was even a member back in the Super Friends: Super Powers days during the 1980's.

I think the only people who would think something was up would be those who either only followed the Teen Titans or those who have a grudge against the franchise.

It might seem that way, but he has been a member of the team for at least two years now in both the comics and in animated feature films.

200px-CY.png

Cyborg

He was even a member back in the Super Friends: Super Powers days during the 1980's.

I think the only people who would think something was up would be those who either only followed the Teen Titans or those who have a grudge against the franchise.

And this is actually how I remember him as a kid. I used to watch Super Powers Team: Galactic Guardians during it's initial short run. I was like 2 or 3 years old I think. lol!

Cyborg really doesn't belong as a founding member of the JL. It all feels really contrived to me just so that they could have not only a black man on the team for diversity (which they could've gotten without Cyborg using MM or a lot more interesting characters) but also to have a "young member/newcomer" to super-heroism.

Whatever the line-up is, I do not want Cyborg on the team. If they don't want to give MM a black human form or replace Hal with John Stewart, then at least get a black character that's more interesting and more fitting for the team. Also get someone that would bring in a unique power to the team. Black Lightning is an example of such a character. Also, there is pretty much nothing Cyborg than do that Batman can't fill in the spot for. You already have Batman for all the tech + hacking stuff.

As a fan of Superman, one of my fears is that if Superman and Batman share the same screen, that Batman will be given the more favoritism and that he’ll be portrayed as being the superior hero where it counts the most over Superman like how he’s always been portrayed in most incarnations. I mean there are so many media versions where it’s never Batman who goes corrupt and that it’s always got to be him that stops Superman, who does somehow go corrupt.

Why can't J'onn J'onnz just be black, or asian, or hispanic, or a woman? Because he can, and has, y'know, been all those things.

Can you even have that much ethnic diversity in a team were were 4/7's of the "big 7" aren't even human?

I've thought about this before mainly because of daniel dae kim. i think it be pretty cool. i sort of imagined a native american since john jones can be a native american name, but that's pretty narrow minded. juan johan could be a spanish.

As a fan of Superman, one of my fears is that if Superman and Batman share the same screen, that Batman will be given the more favoritism and that he’ll be portrayed as being the superior hero where it counts the most over Superman like how he’s always been portrayed in most incarnations. I mean there are so many media versions where it’s never Batman who goes corrupt and that it’s always got to be him that stops Superman, who does somehow go corrupt.

Yeah well Batman's just awesome like that. Accept it and get over it! lol!

Yeah well Batman's just awesome like that. Accept it and get over it! lol!

Don’t plan on doing that any time soon, or ever.haha

I mean even though I’m a fan of Superman, even I don’t think Superman should be portrayed on being vastly superior to Batman. I think they should be portrayed as equals and two people who equally respect each other despite their different approach in being heroes. I don’t need a JLA film where it’s a love fest to Batman’s character like it’s been for nearly every DCAU film or media outlet that’s had the two together in it.

I mean even though I’m a fan of Superman, even I don’t think Superman should be portrayed on being vastly superior to Batman. I think they should be portrayed as equals and two people who equally respect each other despite their different approach in being heroes. I don’t need a JLA film where it’s a love fest to Batman’s character like it’s been for nearly every DCAU film or media outlet that’s had the two together in it.

If you're saying that batman will have more focus than batman, then that'll probably happen. Batman is usually the one that makes the sacrifice for the team, but he usually is portrayed that way since he's the only one without powers. It makes puts him on the same level as the other heroes. He does was has to be done. The others tend to over think it. Superman and batman need each other. They fight for the same thing, but they do it in completely different ways. Batman is a vigilante to the masses, superman is more accepted. It would make sense for them to be around each other to see the other side, and for batman two make that sacrifice/ be more in the spotlight to prove he's more than a vigilante. The rest of the team are just fillers who are consistently replaced, then you have Wonder Woman who's more of a fish out of water, that doesn't know what being a hero is, but ends up being one.

I can agree to that. Personally what I don't want is a film that depicts them being at odds with each other for the duration. I've always seen Batman and Superman as being the closet of friends amongst superheroes. If there is initial tension fine, but show a story of how two heroes can become friends and trusted allies through the most unlikely of circumstances.

If you're saying that batman will have more focus than batman, then that'll probably happen. Batman is usually the one that makes the sacrifice for the team, but he usually is portrayed that way since he's the only one without powers. It makes puts him on the same level as the other heroes. He does was has to be done. The others tend to over think it. Superman and batman need each other. They fight for the same thing, but they do it in completely different ways. Batman is a vigilante to the masses, superman is more accepted. It would make sense for them to be around each other to see the other side, and for batman two make that sacrifice/ be more in the spotlight to prove he's more than a vigilante. The rest of the team are just fillers who are consistently replaced, then you have Wonder Woman who's more of a fish out of water, that doesn't know what being a hero is, but ends up being one.

I can agree to that. Personally what I don't want is a film that depicts them being at odds with each other for the duration. I've always seen Batman and Superman as being the closet of friends amongst superheroes. If there is initial tension fine, but show a story of how two heroes can become friends and trusted allies through the most unlikely of circumstances.

If they were to introduce Batman in a ensemble film before a solo film, then it’d be expected that he’d get some big focus on him considering that they’re trying to reestablish the character, but yeah, I don’t wouldn’t wan him or any other hero being presented as THE HERO in the sense where none of the other heroes matter or that they’re not presented as being as great of a hero as X or Y character. If I had a nickel for every time we had a episode or animated film that presented Batman as being the hero of heroes or the one that was the best, I’d be pretty rich right now.

Batman is a vital part of the team, no doubt, but he or anyone else shouldn’t be presented as being the “omega” hero in terms of their importance otherwise there’s no point in calling it a team.

And as for Batman and Superman’s relationship with each other, I think the animated film “Public Enemies” was my favorite version of how their relationship was portrayed. They have different methods in how they approach their business but they respect each other equally and rely on each other instead of thinking that they’re the more better hero or that they don’t need help from one another.

After seeing that interrogation scene at the end of the third trailer of MOS, one of the things that I kept thinking about was how Batman would be like in this world. I can't wait to see how the new Batman (if we'll get a new Batman) will interact with Cavill's Superman :woot:.

IAnd as for Batman and Superman’s relationship with each other, I think the animated film “Public Enemies” was my favorite version of how their relationship was portrayed. They have different methods in how they approach their business but they respect each other equally and rely on each other instead of thinking that they’re the more better hero or that they don’t need help from one another.

Agreed :up:.

I am a huge Batman fan but I always hated it whenever writers pretended as if he was superior to Superman, and the same thing goes vice versa. The thing people often forget is that Batman was created to be the yang to Superman's ying. He was intentionally created to be the exact opposite of Superman. The reason they work together so well is because they complete each other. It is therefore wrong to show that one has more worth as a character than the other.

Last edited:
wait wait wait wait......CGI Batman??....thats the first thing that stuck out the second I clicked on this....wtf?? That sounds horrible lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"