Justice League Justice League: News and Speculation - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sometimes, gambling/risk taking pays off....Especially if they play their cards right.

Again, you're right... but we're in a state of unpredictability in Hollywood. Hell, I can see Disney putting Star Wars in November (if they can move Ant-Man to 2016) or December regardless of Avatar 2. It'll be an interesting year nevertheless.

They won't put Star Wars against Avatar 2. Would be unnecessary when they have all summer to dominate.

I'll believe Ant-Man is actually getting made when the cameras start rolling. From what I gather it'll be the next project Disney shuts down (first being BP).

Yes gambles pay off but WB doesn't take risks like other studios. And when they do they fall flat on their faces. Now more than ever they don't want to gamble.

Pirates 5 ? :o

tumblr_mhp0mwv0MM1rydunjo1_r2_400.gif

so what if the dark knight trilogy is still in tact?

bale can still play a batman that exists in the shared universe, where his back story is the same, but he never gave up being batman. it works on so many levels. and it's like it is in the comics.

consider the tdk trilogy an earth 1 or 2 off set, not mentioned in any way but used to help us understand, and earth prime is the MOS shared universe. that way superman can still be the first, and bale can still be batman and exists in his "batgod" form, as do WW, Flash, Aquaman, the GL corps, and Martian Manhunter.

Last edited:
They won't put Star Wars against Avatar 2. Would be unnecessary when they have all summer to dominate.

I'll believe Ant-Man is actually getting made when the cameras start rolling. From what I gather it'll be the next project Disney shuts down (first being BP).

Yes gambles pay off but WB doesn't take risks like other studios. And when they do they fall flat on their faces. Now more than ever they don't want to gamble.

Haha, then when should they release Justice League? :p

I mean, honestly if they're smart, they'll release Justice League in 2016. But if they're steadfast on 2015, they don't have much of a choice but to gamble. If they don't want to compete directly with Avengers 2 or Star Wars, then they'll left with Pirates 5. If not with Pirates 5, then it's Avatar 2. If not Avatar 2, then it's James Bond, Ant-Man, Pixar, etc.

I mean, honestly if they're smart, they'll release Justice League in 2016. But if they're steadfast on 2015, they don't have much of a choice but to gamble. If they don't want to compete directly with Avengers 2 or Star Wars, then they'll left with Pirates 5. If it's not Pirates 5, then it's Avatar 2. If it's Avatar 2, then it's James Bond, Ant-Man, Pixar, etc.

Summer 2016 is by far their best bet. That gives them MOS 2 for 2015 as a direct lead in to either WF or JL. But honestly, there's no reason for them to do a JL movie when WF is really what people want.

EDIT: But again all that is speculative and dependent on this rumor being true. Going off of the lack of coverage from the trades it looks more and more unlikely it is.

I mean, honestly if they're smart, they'll release Justice League in 2016. But if they're steadfast on 2015, they don't have much of a choice but to gamble. If they don't want to compete directly with Avengers 2 or Star Wars, then they'll left with Pirates 5. If not with Pirates 5, then it's Avatar 2. If not Avatar 2, then it's James Bond, Ant-Man, Pixar, etc.

I don't think they'd have to worry about Ant-Man. :woot:

Ant-Man is the first Marvel film that I don't give a damn about, but it's going to be connected to the others so I'll have to watch it anyway.

OMG they're ****ed.

You guys aren't understanding something. WB will NOT release a live-action JL/WB film (the first of it's kind in the history of cinema) a few weeks before or a few weeks after a new Star Wars movie is released. That would be the dumbest thing for them to do out of a long list of possible dumb things. You release your movie when there's as little competition as possible before, after and during its theatrical run. That's why Avengers came out in May. That's why the "summer" season is expanding to Spring and Fall now.

Again, you can say anything you will about what you want to happen, but WB will never release a JL/WB movie in the same summer as Star Wars 7, Avengers 2 and Muppets 2 (let's not even get into Avatar 2)

Beginning of May=Avengers, give Star Wars a July window. That leaves June and August. Seems like ample time to drop a JL somewhere in there.

You may say WB won't/can't compete with Star Wars and you may have a point there but that doesn't mean they won't try. Their target audience is the same audience as Marvel's and they absolutely want to compete with that. DC's already late in the game if they want to build a brand they have to do it sooner rather than later. Even FOX is trying to break into the game now.

Beginning of May=Avengers, give Star Wars a July window. That leaves June and August. Seems like ample time to drop a JL somewhere in there.

You may say WB won't/can't compete with Star Wars and you may have a point there but that doesn't mean they won't try. Their target audience is the same audience as Marvel's and they absolutely want to compete with that. DC's already late in the game if they want to build a brand they have to do it sooner rather than later. Even FOX is trying to break into the game now.

2015 tentpole releases currently scheduled: Avengers 2 (May 1), Star Wars 7 (June 19 TENT) Pirates 5 (July 10), Hunger Games Mokingjay P 2 (November 20). Then Avatar 2 in December.

Where are you going to put a JL/WF movie in that summer? There's no room for it. And that's not counting all the small filler stuff.

You know what you get when you gamble badly with big budget tentpoles? Green Lantern, John Carter and Tron Legacy. Do you really think WB is going to risk another GL flop with their Superman and Batman franchises? Hell no. You put any movie against Star Wars it will lose. Not worth the risk when you can easily move it back a year.

Last edited:
I would prefer May=Star Wars and July=Avengers. :o

2015 tentpole releases currently scheduled: Avengers 2 (May 1), Star Wars 7 (June 19 TENT) Pirates 5 (July 10), Hunger Games Mokingjay P 2 (November 20)

Where are you going to put a JL/WF movie in that summer? There's no room for it. And that's not counting all the small filler stuff.

You know what you get when you gamble badly with big budget tentpoles? Green Lantern, John Carter and Tron Legacy. Do you really think WB is going to risk another GL flop with their Superman and Batman franchises? Hell no

Star Wars and Hunger Games are filler. :oldrazz:

2 of those examples are from Disney. WB wins. :woot:

Last edited:
Ant-Man is the first Marvel film that I don't give a damn about, but it's going to be connected to the others so I'll have to watch it anyway.

It's my most anticipated MCU solo movie that is on the table right now.

Actually three of them are Disney. Four counting the yet-to-be-revealed Pixar movie (i.e. Toy Story 4). 2015 is locked down. Would be foolish of them to risk it especially since they don't even have a script, director or production start date.

Yeah **** Star Wars and this Hungry Games ********.

If JL is released in 2016, I can't see any other WB/DC movie being made before then. I mean, I can't see a MOS sequel dropping in 2015. Isn't that too soon?

Is the Fantastic Four reboot still scheduled for 2015?

I'll have to side with Poni, and say that WB won't compete with Star Wars. In fact, I think the WB execs would be in line on opening day. Star Wars in an anomaly, a cultural event that transcends all of pop culture (except for Jake Cassidy) that we should never under-estimated. They would probably rather compete against Pirates 5 or Avatar 2 before they go against Star Wars.

Yes, the Prequels sucked, but with this new JJ era, it might bring back some of the magic back to Star Wars.

Actually three of them are Disney. Four counting the yet-to-be-revealed Pixar movie (i.e. Toy Story 4). 2015 is locked down. Would be foolish of them to risk it especially since they don't even have a script, director or production start date.

I was talking about Green Lantern, Tron Legacy and John Carter.

Explain this please. Where did this even come from??

Nah, I can see Ant-Man being made. Why would they pussyfoot with Edgar Wright since 2008 with that thing? Plus Kevin Fringe and Edgar Wright have been candid about Ant-Man despite it's stagnant development.

Black Panther was never ever made consider (publicly) by Marvel; just rumored and maybe some very slight small talk from Kevin. And I have theories why BP didn't get pushed by Marvel though..even then, it never had a writer or director officially attached to it.

I can see them MOVING Ant-Man to 2016 if all else.

Last edited:
Oh yeah. **** another one! WTF!

Oh. Well, that's a relief.

Might get pushed back though what with the script being overhauled. And watch Matthew Vaughn eventually kick Josh Trank out of the director's chair.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"