Justice League Justice League: News and Speculation - Part 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just dont get it. People accept the Detective comics batman and the justice league batman as one and the same so whats the problem?

Bale is coming back for JL.
He is the goddamn Batman.
It will RULE.

Poni- you are gonna have to eat a massive amount of humble pie and it is going to be hilarious.
That is all.

Last edited:
The fact that it's taking so long for a confirmation is making it uneasy...for those who are wanting a reboot lol

Confirmation from WB that Mayimbe's scoop is false? They haven't even confirmed that JL is officially set for 2015 yet. I don't expect them to debunk this latest rumor any time soon either because any publicity for this movie is good publicity at this point.

The thing is, Jett mentioned that WB said "no comment" when asked about the rumor last week. You'd figure with a rumor this big, that WB would be quick to deflect it.

And no, I don't think CBM is credible enough to officially debunk it.
This tells me that it's in heavy talks at least.

The thing is, Jett mentioned that WB said "no comment" when asked about the rumor last week. You'd figure with a rumor this big, that WB would be quick to deflect it.

WB says "no comment" to every rumor. Doesn't prove anything at all since that's their standard, official response across the board.

And to be honest I'm pretty sure some of the contributors to CBM (which is a user generated site and doesn't operate like any other blog or site) DO have sources. More so than Jett. Who lies.

Confirmation from WB that Mayimbe's scoop is false? They haven't even confirmed that JL is officially set for 2015 yet. I don't expect them to debunk this latest rumor any time soon either because any publicity for this movie is good publicity at this point.

Very true. That was an LA Times exclusive. It's not even on their production docket.

Poni- you are gonna have to eat a massive amount of humble pie and it is going to be hilarious.
That is all.

Why? I have no personal stake in this. It doesn't matter to be either way.

As soon as the news is officially released I'll post an article about it just like everyone else. I'm not claiming to have "inside information" I'm just following the evidence that's present.

If Nolan and Bale come back it goes against everything they have said and how TDK and MOS movies were made. That doesn't mean it WON'T happen, just means it goes against the evidence.

EDIT: I'm very confused by this "eat crow" thing people are throwing around. It doesn't mean what some people think it means. For example, if a Planet Hulk movie gets made then AICN will have to eat crow since they posted an article debunking it. The people who believe their article don't have to eat crow, they didn't claim to know any info that was different.

Last edited:
If Bale returns to the role in Justice League; it must mean that JL is a prequel to The Dark Knight Rises and Man of Steel.

There is no vehicle; no movement, for a Batman reboot. If Warner chose to reboot Batman; it would take years. They don't have a story, they don't have a cast, they don't have a batsuit, and they don't have someone with a new vision.

What they have are the pieces for direct sequels to Dark Knight Rises with Gordon-Levitt, Oldman, Freeman, Caine, and Murphy.

If Bale returns to the role in Justice League; it must mean that JL is a prequel to The Dark Knight Rises and Man of Steel.

How can Superman be in a JL movie before his origin story is told? And why didn't Bruce get Superman's help when Bane took over Gotham?

Justice League: Mortal was not scrapped because Nolan got annoyed. He wasn't annoyed by anything and didn't have anywhere near enough pull at WB to stop it from being made.

The film was cancelled after the tax breaks in Australia were lost, it was put on hiatus, Miller left and the project died.

Whatever the case, the point is that project has more standing than this one does. This Justice League project is vaporware.

^You're saying Bale won't be coming back.
Which will soon be proved as incorrect.
That's when you're humble pie eating can commence.

There is no vehicle; no movement, for a Batman reboot. If Warner chose to reboot Batman; it would take years. They don't have a story, they don't have a cast, they don't have a batsuit, and they don't have someone with a new vision.

What they have are the pieces for direct sequels to Dark Knight Rises with Gordon-Levitt, Oldman, Freeman, Caine, and Murphy.

And both of those would make no sense.

Very true. That was an LA Times exclusive. It's not even on their production docket.

If it comes together, I can see WB fast-tracking the movie (or MOS 2) for summer 2015.

It is odd how WB doesn't have any pics scheduled for 2015 yet, while its rivals do. And their 2014 plate feels skimpy right now too.

^You're saying Bale won't be coming back.

Where did I say that? I'm not Christian Bale, I have no idea what he will do. I can only use the information at hand (not rumor, speculation or fan fiction) as evidence to form an educated opinion.

It's likely policy to stick with "No comment" to all rumors no matter how correct they are or not. I think I read the same goes with Marvel's policy regarding rumors.

It is odd how WB doesn't have any pics scheduled for 2015 yet, while its rivals do. And their 2014 plate feels skimpy right now too.

That's why they're trying to launch an animation division

Just food for thought, but Carrie Fisher just announced she's coming back for episode VII. Lends a little more cred to the Harrison Ford rumor no? Mark Hammil said something indicating either they all come back or none of them. That's interesting to me and is interesting in comparison to the Bale rumor.

If somehow TDKR cast did come back for JL, I'd like to see Anne Hathaway in a cameo as Selina Kyle. It could be the extent of Gwyneth Paltrow's cameo in the Avengers. It just would be good to have her and add to the continuity.

Just food for thought, but Carrie Fisher just announced she's coming back for episode VII. Lends a little more cred to the Harrison Ford rumor no? Mark Hammil said something indicating either they all come back or none of them. That's interesting to me and is interesting in comparison to the Bale rumor.

It's already well known that they are expected to come back. Lucas wanted them back. The story features them. Ford even said that he is open to coming back. But that rumor specifically said Ford was locked in and was debunked by Mark Hamill and an Entertainment Weekly editor who both said deals were not in place.. Doesn't matter if Ford signs on today, the rumor was proven invalid when it came out.

Bale is coming back for JL.
He is the goddamn Batman.
It will RULE.

That is all.

And you know this because........? Now I know what Poni Boy was talking about.

I don't get El Mayimbe's thing with saying 'WB has to compete with Disney/Star Wars etc'. WB have been doing fine for decades and will continue to do so. Seriously, it's like people are trying to generate a pissing contest.

This is where I think El May is adding much of his opinion...reason why in that particular segment, I think that part of his "scoop" is wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"