Justice League Justice League: News and Speculation - Part 9

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it's actually just as tough to get a story out about Bruce's return without detracting from the other plot points of JL

Man, I wish they would do a WF first :argh:

so...nothing new? we know nothing, and they keep refuting and denying everything but random people keep saying they know stuff, but it's all speculation now?

i'm going back to the wonder woman thread where the new top choice is a playboy model. i'm excited.

The stuff I highlighted...what the hell does that have to do with anything? We're talking about Justice League.

You cant have Bruce come back? Why not? Until it's confirmed that we have a new actor in place for a bat reboot, I say you can.

What does Wayne Manor have to do with anything? Irrelevant.

Lucius said they'd be able to get there money back in the long run.

No one wants John Blake? For what? He doesn't have to show up in JL.

Fanboys want Batman like Arkham (I do too, eventually) but the majority don't even know that exists or they do but they don't care. The GA will respond more to Bale than a new Batman that's like the comics. The general audience doesn't care about comic Batman.

Batmans sacrifice, if written well, could be enhanced. Leaving Gotham behind for good and moving on to greater things, returning as a "God" to the people even though he's human. People will believe he's immortal or a God in the way they'll look at Superman.

You do realize if Nolan's Batman is canon and used in JLA, everything about that series is canon. After JLA there will be more Batman movies but because you are still using Nolan's, you can't use Joker, Bane, Talia, Ra's, Two-Face people they are either dead or nothing can top their performance.

You reboot Batman in JLA, and you can use all of these characters.

Honestly, I don't want John Blake in this universe, I want Dick Grayson.

Also the fact that Wayne doesn't have a house is kind of big. Meaning HE DOESN'T HAVE THE CAVE!!!!

Also Alfred left so he can't come back in this series.

You have to build towards the future. A reboot helps that direction more so than keeping going with Nolan's series.

Also the quote I highlighted, YOU CAN NEVER DO THAT!!!!!!! Doing that makes Batman more important than Superman. You can not have that just **** no.

You do realize if Nolan's Batman is canon and used in JLA, everything about that series is canon. After JLA there will be more Batman movies but because you are still using Nolan's, you can't use Joker, Bane, Talia, Ra's, Two-Face people they are either dead or nothing can top their performance.

And your point is? What need is there to use those villains again, especially for a project like JL?

Honestly, I don't want John Blake in this universe, I want Dick Grayson.
John Blake is the Dick Grayson of this universe, unless they decide that they want to introduce Dick later.

Also the fact that Wayne doesn't have a house is kind of big. Meaning HE DOESN'T HAVE THE CAVE!!!!
Not that big of a deal, he can get another one somewhere else. This has moved beyond Gotham now.

Also Alfred left so he can't come back in this series.
Where are you getting that from? That's just an assumption, nothing more.

Also the quote I highlighted, YOU CAN NEVER DO THAT!!!!!!! Doing that makes Batman more important than Superman. You can not have that just **** no.
If the story requires that Batman is more important than Superman, then so be it. I don't see why that has to be the source for a temper tantrum. It's not about what you want or what I want, it's about what works best in terms of storytelling.

For the record, I don't think Batman or Superman will be elevated over one another in any potential team up. They both have their unique points, but one thing is for sure, those two will definitely be more important than all the other heroes in the DC pantheon.

First off LEVITIKUZ, Alfred may not have left.

Secondly, you do realize that if Nolans universe is canon then there wont be any more Batman movies with Bale's Bruce right? He'll be exclusive to JL and the reboot will be pushed back a few more years. IF we get a solo it will either be a Nightwing/Beyond type movie with JGL or a Catwoman movie with Hathaway (which will probably be set in another city if its a prequel or in Italy if it's a sequel).

Therefore with JGL, ur getting something different. Not the famous rogues or a return of the joker. You would get Deathstroke or Black Mask, someone like that. Wayne Manor will be an integral part of the story because im sure Blake will have significant interactions with the orphans.

But that's why I don't think a Nightwing spin-off would happen. Keep Bats exlusive to JL and give JGL the cameo in WF or JL. Same with Anne. I doubt a spin-off would happen.

Last edited:
Secondly, you do realize that if Nolans universe is canon then there wont be any more Batman movies with Bale's Bruce right? He'll be exclusive to JL and the reboot will be pushed back a few more years. IF we get a solo it will either be a Nightwing/Beyond type movie with JGL or a Catwoman movie with Hathaway (which will probably be set in another city if its a prequel or in Italy if it's a sequel).

You're stating this like it's fact, which it's not. (although I agree with what you're saying).

I didn't mean it literally, but in the sense that he is the closest thing we have to Dick in the Nolanverse...at least for now.

I think it's more appropriate to say that he's the 'Dick+Jason+Tim' of this universe.

I think it's actually just as tough to get a story out about Bruce's return without detracting from the other plot points of JL

I agree about WF. It's such a fantastic opportunity.

Don't think it would be that tough for JL, Bruce's struggle/return could be displayed in a post-credit scene in MOS 2 and early on in Justice League.

Picture his first scene in JL with Selina. Next is a nice scene with JGL talking about the plan and gear, etc. Next time we see Bruce he's with Clark and the team. Im sure the first half hour to 40 minutes will be the set-up anyway. Look at Avengers and the first appearance of Thor. There's plenty of time to establish Darkseid, the 5 heroes (more specifically the lesser ones). Don't forget we don't know if a Flash or WW movie is planned beforehand or how many hints/post credit scenes will be there to introduce them all.

You're stating this like it's fact, which it's not. (although I agree with what you're saying).
That's why I wrote if in there.

John Blake is not the Dick Grayson of this universe
Id say he's the closest thing there is to Dick. Unless they were to do a solo movie where Dick is introduced as one of the orphans going to the Wayne's new school. So yeah as of now id say Blake is the Robin of the Nolanverse. Well...I guess that doesn't mean Grayson...but..you know :yay:

I was sorta joking. I too thought Robinov's comments will end all this speculation or at least lessen it, but it looks like it won't. So, we'll probably still see it the same way some bring up Keaton in regards to Miller's TDKR or Batman Beyond.

I'm sorry, but Bruce Wayne as a member of the Justice League is essential to me. At times, he's pretty much taken on the leadership role of the group.

AND you're crazy if you don't think the Joker is essential. Historically, he has caused an insane amount of trouble for the JL. It'd be awesome to see The Joker invade the other worlds in the DC universe beside Batman's Gotham. Look to what NRS did with the Injustice story mode. In a future JL film, I'd love to see The Joker wreak heavoc and drive Batman and Superman against each other for much of the film, with the JL being forced to take sides.

For these reasons and MANY MORE, I think WB should really stay away from Nolan's TDK trilogy. Leave it be. They've got an amazing, ground-breaking series in the can. It's time to move on and eventually start something new. The next generation of Batman will be upon us pretty soon and it's going to be another great experience for all of us. TDKR is already almost a year old. If Batman is introduced in a JL movie or Batman reboot in 3 or 4 years time, I think that's perfect. The world will be craving for more Batman by then.

That's why I wrote if in there.

well....saying "if X happens then Y will happen" is a statement of fact (when "if X happens then Y might happen" is a statement of opinion). You made it sound like a given, which it isn't. just sayin ;)

Well...I guess that doesn't mean Grayson...but..you know :yay:

yup

Last edited:
I'm sorry, but Bruce Wayne as a member of the Justice League is essential to me. At times, he's pretty much taken on the leadership role of the group.
I don't think anybody said Bruce wasn't essential?....:huh:

AND you're crazy if you don't think the Joker is essential. Historically, he has caused an insane amount of trouble for the JL. It'd be awesome to see The Joker invade the other worlds in the DC universe beside Batman's Gotham. Look to what NRS did with the Injustice story mode. In a future JL film, I'd love to see The Joker wreak heavoc and drive Batman and Superman against each other for much of the film, with the JL being forced to take sides.
Not to burst ur bubble but I seriously doubt the Joker will be used in a JL or in a movie belonging to a different superhero. Even World's Finest (which would be cool). You shouldn't expect it cuz I doubt we'll see it.

If they're going to end up rebooting and going forward with JL, then personally, I don't want Cavill's Supes in JL either. Wait till MoS saga is over before you do JL.

If you're going to disconnect JL from anything Nolan-related then MoS should be its own self contained universe as well.

Not to burst ur bubble but I seriously doubt the Joker will be used in a JL or in a movie belonging to a different superhero. Even World's Finest (which would be cool). You shouldn't expect it cuz I doubt we'll see it.

Are you kidding me? Maybe not in the first JL film, possibly not in the second. But if there's going to be a new Batman, there's going to eventually be a new Joker. One does not truly exist without the other, IMO. If WB is really going to attempt to build a proper DCU film universe, the Joker has to be included IMO. Like I said, maybe not right away, but they will build towards his appearance.

TDK trilogy waited for it's second film to re-introduce the Joker. This new series (JL or Batman) could even wait for its third film to bring him in, but we'll definitely see him. You have to think in terms of years. By that time, there might even be a 12-15 year gap between Heath's Joker and a new incarnation. It's not really overkill by any means, and it shouldn't be surprising for anyone.

If they're going to end up rebooting and going forward with JL, then personally, I don't want Cavill's Supes in JL either. Wait till MoS saga is over before you do JL.

If you're going to disconnect JL from anything Nolan-related then MoS should be its own self contained universe as well.

Nah, these people are well aware that MOS is such a great starting opportunity for a new live-action DCU, much like Iron Man was perfect for Marvel's start. They probably don't want to sit on this, and waiting several more years for the MOS series to run its course would be a pretty bad decision, IMO. There'd be no SHIELD-type of agency drawing the heroes together in the DCU. I'm very interested to see what they do from here on out.

All they need to do for me is mention 'Gotham' in MOS. I'd love to hear it. lol

Are you kidding me? Maybe not in the first JL film, possibly not in the second. But if there's going to be a new Batman, there's going to eventually be a new Joker. One does not truly exist without the other, IMO. If WB is really going to attempt to build a proper DCU film universe, the Joker has to be included IMO. Like I said, maybe not right away, but they will build towards his appearance.

TDK trilogy waited for it's second film to re-introduce the Joker. This new series (JL or Batman) could even wait for its third film to bring him in, but we'll definitely see him. You have to think in terms of years. By that time, there might even be a 12-15 year gap between Heath's Joker and a new incarnation. It's not really overkill by any means, and it shouldn't be surprising for anyone.
Ummmmm I never said a new Joker wouldn't be introduced in a Batman reboot did I? That's fairly obvious. You said in a JL movie and im saying it's probably not going to happen, so don't get ur hopes up.

I also doubt we'll be seeing a JL trilogy. Now THAT seems possible yes, with a rebooted Bats. But even thinking about 3 JL's is a little much. The Nolan folks like to put everything into one film and then think about a sequel after it's complete.

Again, lol, nobody said it would be surprising to see a new take on Joker in the reboot. I say we may even get a small role from him in the first solo Bat movie of the reboot.

I wonder what wb's game plan is. In the 90s comic book movies were a way to boost toy sales (batman forever, batman and robin). Then we got quality films with the tdk trilogy, could they go back to the toy thing again to aim at a younger demographic? Like we could get a JL movie just to sell toys ala JL mortal, or we could get a JL movie that's something more meaningful/preachy like the Nolan/Snyder movies?

I think it needs to be a balance. I do fear that the wrong people will get a hold of it and it could become something stupid. But that's why you get Goyer and Snyder involved and u have yourself a nice balance.

Reading through this thread, can I just ask why anybody gives a flying **** what Jett has to say anymore?

I would hope they are able to keep a superman sequel relatively separate, even if they do want to make a justice league film. I didn't think Marvel's solo films were essential viewing for the avengers. Sure it was fun for fans, but absolutely necessary? Still not sure about that.

Heck Iron Man 2's middle portion did nothing for the enjoyment of the avengers so it could have been avoided.

Plus superman is such a rich character with great villains.

As for batman, I don't envy Wb's position. After spending the better half of a decade establishing and cashing in on a certain version of the character that has had three quality films (even if fans disagree on the 3rd), rebooting is not a sure thing.

For me personally, they adapted some of my favourite batman stories. I feel like this trilogy did a lot with Bruce's character. So it will be interesting to see if they can come up with something new, while not retreading the same ideas because that gets boring fast. Just look at spider-man, great character with a lot of story's yet, ASM was a slightly different take on the same thing. I almost feel like the next logical step for batman is in a JL film and not in another solo series for now.

Last edited:

I'd love WF. :(

Snyders superman is step 1 and it will open the door to a DCU that will pave the way for a new take on batman and other superheroes. Whether WB decide to go ahead with a WF or JLA i think the right thing to do is reboot batman regardless the outcome.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"