Justice League Justice League: News and Speculation - Part 9

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is this movie dead? We barely hear anything on it.

I hope Goyer writes and doesn't direct, maybe in the next couple of weeks as Man Of Steel comes out we'll get some new news

I thought WB already confirmed that Nolan and the Nolanverse Batman wouldn't be invoked in the JLA?

They haven't confirmed anything. They've been tip-toeing around it since Day 1 and I firmly believe they're reserving the surprise for MOS. I can already envision the collective geek kingdom splooging at once after the reveal.

My biggest fear of course is that a World's Finest/JL type movie would get in the way of MOS 2.

Last edited:
Is this movie dead? We barely hear anything on it.

I hope Goyer writes and doesn't direct, maybe in the next couple of weeks as Man Of Steel comes out we'll get some new news

Re #justiceleague 2 industry guys emailed in last 5 mins. 1 heard same from same source, 1 says Goyer is on but writing only.

They haven't confirmed anything. They've been tip-toeing around it since Day 1 and I firmly believe they're reserving the surprise for MOS. I can already envision the collective geek kingdom splooging at once after the reveal.

My biggest fear of course is that a World's Finest/JL type movie would get in the way of MOS 2.

http://www.craveonline.com/film/art...-denies-christopher-nolanjustice-league-rumor

That was also posted on the hype.

"[Nolan’s] Batman was deliberately and smartly positioned as a stand-alone. The world they lived in was very isolated without any knowledge of any other superheroes. What Zack and Chris have done with this film is allow you to really introduce other characters into the same world.

So at the very least, Nolan's Batman will be in no way involved with the JLA.

http://www.craveonline.com/film/art...-denies-christopher-nolanjustice-league-rumor

"[Nolan’s] Batman was deliberately and smartly positioned as a stand-alone. The world they lived in was very isolated without any knowledge of any other superheroes. What Zack and Chris have done with this film is allow you to really introduce other characters into the same world.

Until, I hear it from Nolan saying he's not producing then I am accepting anything else.

This has been addressed countless times.

Such an idiotic quote. Who would make a Batman movie that involves super powers right off the forgive me, bat? Also, why make a Superman that is set in the same realistic type world? Producers also said no Robin or Talia regarding TDKR...i think it's a ruse. I cant get past the idea of pretending Year One or any other Batman comic doesn't feel isolated or stand alone at the moment until it crosses over.

Until, I hear it from Nolan saying he's not producing then I am accepting anything else.

honestly, wasn't tdkr enough indication? the guy aged him 8 years, bankrupted him, fake murdered him and sent him off to italy. i don't think he's interested.

I still believe batman will be rebooted. People need to let go of nolans batman even robinov said nolans not involved and his trilogy is stand alone. The door isnt shut on bale but even if hes rehired he will have to play a different type of batman that would fit in Supermans Universe because nolan left his batman with too many loose ends that would have to be explained. So i just prefer WB to reboot Bats in a WF or JLA. We have to remember Snyders MOS is the beginning of the DCU not BB.

That's what I've been thinking. I suppose it could be all a ruse, we did just have something similar happen where JJ Abrams said he wasn't doing Star Wars and then ended up doing it.

However, I just don't see these two mixing. To be completely honest, I have no interest in seeing a Nolan Batman in the JLA. While the Nolan movies were by no means as "realistic" as some make them out to be, their tone just didn't fit for a JLA film.

And on top of that, I want something new. I got three great films from Nolan. One of them is one of my favorite films of all time. I'll always be appreciative for what he did for Batman and Superhero films as a whole. But I'm ready for a new take on the character. I'd rather them not try and jam a square peg into a round hole and force Bale's Batman into the JLA.

Honestly, I have no interest in a JL movie with THIS Superman. It just doesn't work. From that trailer itself, I can't see any other superheroes working without minimizing Superman. Could you imagine the Green Lantern Corps and Hal or John coming to Earth after the events in MoS? Talk about killing all the buzz of this new Kryptonian alien that has arrived on the scene. And how convenient would it be that all these superhero start showing up a few months after MoS? Just doesn't work for me.

Unless JL takes place like 50 years later, after MoS. Then we can get used to seeing superpowered beings in the universe. And maybe an older Bruce Wayne mentoring the next Batman. That to me makes more sense.

Justice League at this moment will kill this Superman trilogy IMO.

Honestly, I have no interest in a JL movie with THIS Superman. It just doesn't work. From that trailer itself, I can't see any other superheroes working without minimizing Superman. Could you imagine the Green Lantern Corps and Hal or John coming to Earth after the events in MoS? Talk about killing all the buzz of this new Kryptonian alien that has arrived on the scene. And how convenient would it be that all these superhero start showing up a few months after MoS? Just doesn't work for me.

Unless JL takes place like 50 years later, after MoS. Then we can get used to seeing superpowered beings in the universe. And maybe an older Bruce Wayne mentoring the next Batman. That to me makes more sense.

Well honestly, from what I've seen so far with this Superman, nothing indicates he wouldn't fit with a JLA. I mean, it's a slightly more realistic in tone, but we still have a superhuman alien from another planet battling another Superhuman alien. A big part of this film also seems to be dealing with the world accepting a being like Superman. So in that sense, that's a nice intro for future set-up films for a JLA.

Heck, you could have other meta's in existence, but they've been keeping a low profile because they've feared how the world will react. Superman going public is kind of like taking the lid off the boiler so to speak.

mos isn't just about one kryptonian alien though. there's zod, faora, maybe more. the fact that he exists only lends itself more to the idea to other life outside of earth. the threat though would have to be more then he can handle.

I would like to know where you guys are getting this idea that MOS is just as grounded and realistic as TDKT. They're completely different in tone and feel. MOS seems to be a mixed bag of all the CBM's we've had up till now. It has the maturity & smart storytelling of TDKT with the heart of the Donner Superman & Favreau's Iron Man with the lighthearted action tone of The Avengers. It even seems to feel and look a lot more like a comic book world than TDKT. Heck, just compare Metropolis with Gotham. Gotham was very much Chicago as we know it. Snyder created a complete fictional city and even added fake skyscrapers in. Thus saying that Batman shouldn't be rebooted because MOS was made just like TDKT is completely false.

I think the whole notion that MOS is just like TDKT comes from the idea that MOS is more Nolan's movie than Snyder's. It isn't. Nolan has very little to do with MOS in comparison with Snyder and Goyer. Most of the story is written by Goyer and the film itself is directed by Snyder. This is not a Nolanized Superman in any shape or form.

Don't you guys see they made THIS Superman fit with Nolan's Batman? If Nolan made Superman all himself, do you honestly think it would look any different from this? The logic that Nolan's Batman can't fit with this Superman is like saying Iron Man's Tony Stark can't fit with Thor and the Avengers... each movie is stand alone on it's own...but contribute to a larger saga. What kind of more fantasy like Batman do people want? Honestly...

And this is more realistic because that's what they kept saying. And look at it, it looks like Superman Begins. It's Goyer, Nolan brothers, Zimmer with Snyder. So, yeah.

Don't you guys see they made THIS Superman fit with Nolan's Batman?

No. Because they didn't.

If Nolan made Superman all himself, do you honestly think it would look any different from this?

LOL Yes. Completely different.

The logic that Nolan's Batman can't fit with this Superman is like saying Iron Man's Tony Stark can't fit with Thor and the Avengers... each movie is stand alone on it's own...but contribute to a larger saga. What kind of more fantasy like Batman do people want? Honestly...

Batman has always had a more grounded world than Superman but the difference between his world in the comics and his world in the Nolan films is that despite Batman's world still being grounded in the comics, the universe itself never limits the possibilities of anything less grounded like aliens and sci-fi monsters existing while Nolan's Batman does. You're essentially arguing that a world where they couldn't even give Bane his super strength and Ra's his immortality can all of a sudden fit in with MOS.

What kind of more Batman do people want that would fit in better? Simple. One that still can deal with the grounded mob themes and stories of TDKT but in a universe where guys like Clayface and Mr Freeze can still exist. Also a Batman that, despite being in a grounded world, is still the world's greatest detective and a genius overall that makes his own tech and fights more fluidly (not trying to bash what Nolan did; it worked for a stand-alone Batman but not for one in JL).

And this is more realistic because that's what they kept saying. And look at it, it looks like Superman Begins. It's Goyer, Nolan brothers, Zimmer with Snyder. So, yeah.

Realism is completely subjective. What Nolan considers to be realistic is not what Snyder would consider to be realistic or what any other director would consider to be realistic.

Snyder also said that the movie is nowhere as dark and gritty as people think it will be and that it will still have a lot of more lighthearted moments.

It looks nothing like Superman Begins. Not one bit. Even the cinematography looks different. And as I said before, the Nolan brothers had very little involvement in MOS overall especially in comparison to everything Goyer and Snyder did (Goyer is a comic book writers in general). Zimmer doing the score also doesn't mean anything. Danny Elfman did the score for both the Burton Batman movies and the Raimi Spider-Man movies. Does this mean those universes were anything alike? No.

I would like to know where you guys are getting this idea that MOS is just as grounded and realistic as TDKT. They're completely different in tone and feel. MOS seems to be a mixed bag of all the CBM's we've had up till now. It has the maturity & smart storytelling of TDKT with the heart of the Donner Superman & Favreau's Iron Man with the lighthearted action tone of The Avengers. It even seems to feel and look a lot more like a comic book world than TDKT. Heck, just compare Metropolis with Gotham. Gotham was very much Chicago as we know it. Snyder created a complete fictional city and even added fake skyscrapers in. Thus saying that Batman shouldn't be rebooted because MOS was made just like TDKT is completely false.

I think the whole notion that MOS is just like TDKT comes from the idea that MOS is more Nolan's movie than Snyder's. It isn't. Nolan has very little to do with MOS in comparison with Snyder and Goyer. Most of the story is written by Goyer and the film itself is directed by Snyder. This is not a Nolanized Superman in any shape or form.

[YT]CWILhrSzw5o[/YT]

Yes it is. Besides the addition of alien life and what those aliens can do once they hit earth...the world in which people exist...Metropolis, etc..is grounded just as much as TDKT. The tone and the themes are very much alike.

Don't you guys see they made THIS Superman fit with Nolan's Batman? If Nolan made Superman all himself, do you honestly think it would look any different from this? The logic that Nolan's Batman can't fit with this Superman is like saying Iron Man's Tony Stark can't fit with Thor and the Avengers... each movie is stand alone on it's own...but contribute to a larger saga. What kind of more fantasy like Batman do people want? Honestly...

Nolan's Batman, while not realistic, excluded any of the more fantastical elements of Batman. This Superman movie has superpowered men who can fly, aliens, and alien tech interacting with people.

The tone doesn't mesh in any way, shape, or form with Nolan's Batman films.

Yes it is. Besides the addition of alien life and what those aliens can do once they hit earth...the world in which people exist...Metropolis, etc..is grounded just as much as TDKT. The tone and the themes are very much alike.

Yeah....therein lies the reason why these two worlds are in no way similar. That's like saying "besides the orcs, fantastical creatures, and magic, LOTR and Kingdom of Heaven are very similar."

The fact that this film includes a world where superpowered alien beings exist makes it very different from the Batman films.

ЯɘvlveR;25644239 said:
mos isn't just about one kryptonian alien though. there's zod, faora, maybe more. the fact that he exists only lends itself more to the idea to other life outside of earth. the threat though would have to be more then he can handle.

Yeah but they are all part of that world are they not? That solar system rather. So are there direct ties between Krypton and the Green Lantern Corps without delving further into comicbook obscurity such that it doesn't seem like a random coincidence to audiences. In comes one alien, and now another... and another... and so on and so forth. Then you have Martian Manhunter, Aquaman. Where are these guys coming from?

I'd just set JL really far away from the event of MoS. Superman needs that rich history where he is the only superhero for a while, aside from Batman. In fact, I think it would be easier to tie in Nolan's Batman that way. Say Superman and Batman are the only superheroes, and the other overpowered heroes in Justice League don't show up for years. Now we preserve the uniqueness and standout qualities of the two main guys for some time. So assuming Superman hardly ages, and by the time Wayne is 70 years old, maybe then these other heroes start cropping up gradually. You could flesh out proper solo movies as prequels or backstory movies. Batman would be replaced by a Terry McGuiness type character that has the technology he needs in Justice League, plus a brand new solo franchise. You wouldn't need Bale because the character is 70 years old. And if Bale comes back, you could still leave open the possibility of a WF movie with Cavill.

[YT]CWILhrSzw5o[/YT]

:lmao: Well played, sir. :up:

The tone MOS' tone seems to be very much a mixed bag like I said before.

Metropolis looks nothing like a city that would exist in the Nolan films. Snyder has added many CGI skyscrapers into Metropolis' skyline. Gotham in TDKT looked exactly like real life Chicago. Metropolis is still stylized in MOS. It just isn't over-the-top stylized.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

• C. Lee
    Superherohype Administrator

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95