Justice League Justice League: News and Speculation - Part 9

Status
Not open for further replies.
How are they not the same tone and feel? It looks like Superman Begins to me. Really how are they that different feeling to you? When you read Batman Year One and The Death of Superman back to back, do they feel the same?

This entire paragraph goes by the assumption that MOS will be made in the same vein as TDKT in terms of tone and feel. I already explained to you why this isn't the case multiple times.

I'll say this again: Ignoring me is not going to make my arguments go away.
But it will have the same tone and feel just not when the sci-fi Kryptonian elements are on screen. Again, this doesn't contradict the trilogy because it comes after and it's not from that Earth.

And HOW does that interfere with one another? please tell me! It doesn't at all if one comes after another. If it was going on at the same time as the events of TDKT or beforehand then I would agree with you. But it wouldn't.

It wouldn't work due to proportions. When you're doing a JL movie, the versions of Batman and Superman you use have to be equally grounded or equally heightened in comparison to their comic book counterparts. The Superman character in MOS (not the world around him but the character himself) does not look like he was grounded in reality in the same way Batman (the character of Batman) was grounded in reality by Nolan. This makes Nolan's Batman useless or almost useless in comparison to Snyder's Superman.

It wouldn't work due to proportions. When you're doing a JL movie, the versions of Batman and Superman you use have to be equally grounded or equally heightened in comparison to their comic book counterparts. The Superman character in MOS (not the world around him but the character himself) does not look like he was grounded in reality in the same way Batman (the character of Batman) was grounded in reality by Nolan. This makes Nolan's Batman useless or almost useless in comparison to Snyder's Superman.

And Batman's not real either.

LMAO why?? Superman is an alien. Batman is a human being. This will not change.

They cant be equally grounded.

How are they not the same tone and feel? It looks like Superman Begins to me. Really how are they that different feeling to you? When you read Batman Year One and The Death of Superman back to back, do they feel the same?

They're not the same because they're not the same. As I said, Nolan's Batman felt ultra-realistic (not completely realistic but ultra-realistic). MOS feels like a mix of everything.

Comics have a lot more room to deviate like that in tone due to all the rehashes and different writers/takes they had.

They're not the same because they're not the same. As I said, Nolan's Batman felt ultra-realistic (not completely realistic but ultra-realistic). MOS feels like a mix of everything.

Comics have a lot more room to deviate like that in tone due to all the rehashes and different writers/takes they had.

Nolan should realize Batman could not live in a real world what is he going to be you think your gonna real life billionaire fight crime.

But it will have the same tone and feel just not when the sci-fi Kryptonian elements are on screen. Again, this doesn't contradict the trilogy because it comes after and it's not from that Earth.

It won't have the same tone and feel. Watch the newest trailer. There is nothing to indicate that. MOS has the tone of a mixed bag of all the CBM's we've had till now. It is a new tone altogether. Not like the tone of the Nolan films at all.

LMAO why?? Superman is an alien. Batman is a human being. This will not change.

They cant be equally grounded.

How can't you see the problem in that? You essentially have a watered down Batman in comparison to the Batman of the comics next to a Superman that seems to be very little watered down or not water down at all (we'll see which) in comparison to the Superman of the comics. That would make Batman look pathetic.

It feels like a mix because of aliens. Hahaha ah man. Your head is a hard one.

If TDKU was to be mixed with Spider-Man or X-Men I would be on your side in a heartbeat. But the fantastical elements actually come from a whole different planet.

JL is a comic superhero group not real its something kids and grown ups who can believe in a post 9/11 world kids look up to Superman and Batman as with heroes and police officers, fire fighters, soldiers and sailors.

It feels like a mix because of aliens. Hahaha ah man. Your head is a hard one.

If TDKU was to be mixed with Spider-Man or X-Men I would be on your side in a heartbeat. But the fantastical elements actually come from whole different planet.

No. It feels like a mixed bag due to the entire atmosphere of the film. I see as much of the MCU atmosphere in there as I see the TDKT atmosphere. It has nothing to do with just aliens.

We are pretty much arguing in circles. Let's agree to disagree and just end it.

Right, I expect Metropolis and Earth to function very much like Gotham in TDK. The "supernatural" elements are all alien. As in, Krypton! There was no Krpyton in TDK hence, no supernatural elements.

Yeah agree to disagree and one side will have to accept it once the truth is revealed...

No. It feels like a mixed bag due to the entire atmosphere of the film. I see as much of the MCU atmosphere in there as I see the TDKT atmosphere. It has nothing to do with just aliens.

Or, you could get out of the JL thread. All seriousness if were getting to ya.

Aw cmon don't be like that ya'll. We all love the same stuff we just have different opinions on it...

I just have my opinion till I hear it from Nolan and Bales mouth I will believe them.

I disagree man. I don't see any of that at all. I do see sci-fi elements which is different from Nolan of course but like I said, it's alien.

Sure. Ill agree to disagree :up:

Right, I expect Metropolis and Earth to function very much like Gotham in TDK. The "supernatural" elements are all alien. As in, Krypton! There was no Krpyton in TDK hence, no supernatural elements.

Yeah agree to disagree and one side will have to accept it once the truth is revealed...
Yup!

Some of us are are for a reboot while others are hoping bale comes back. We will find out in a few of weeks after MOS is on the Big Screen.

Some of us are are for a reboot while others are hoping bale comes back. We will find out in a few of weeks after MOS is on the Big Screen.

I just want a JL film just kick The Avengers #$@ at the box-office.

Yeah pretty much. Of course they can delay and delay with the news. That would suck.

And I will battle till its someone else donning the cowl besides Bale.

It makes me more excited for MoS when I feel like it's finally Superman's turn to arrive in the world we've been watching for three movies. It's part wishful thinking and part all the clues add up.

I wouldn't get too caught up on "tone". If you want to get technical, The Dark Knight didn't share the same tone as Batman Begins. And if you want a more extreme example, The Empire Strikes Back didn't share anywhere near the same tone as Star Wars. Both sequels were set in the same universe despite taking a completely altered approach in tone and atmosphere.

As many have stated, there's nothing in Nolan's Batman trilogy that indicates there isn't a larger world happening beyond Gotham. We were just never shown it. The Batman movies were the perfect starting point for the DC film universe because it introduced the world to this Nolanized comic universe but it did so from the street level. Now it's time to re-enter that world but through the eyes of Superman. And just like that, the world gets a little bigger.

Yes to all of that. I really hope the producers at DC know this and are just f##ing with us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohkeelay
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"