Justice League Justice League: News and Speculation - Part 9

Status
Not open for further replies.
:lmao: Well played, sir. :up:

The tone MOS' tone seems to be very much a mixed bag like I said before.

Metropolis looks nothing like a city that would exist in the Nolan films. Snyder has added many CGI skyscrapers into Metropolis' skyline. Gotham in TDKT looked exactly like real life Chicago. Metropolis is still stylized in MOS. It just isn't over-the-top stylized.

MOS was filmed in Chicago with TDKR being filmed in Pittsburgh in the summer of 2011.

MOS was filmed in Chicago with TDKR being filmed in Pittsburgh in the summer of 2011.

Where it was filmed doesn't matter. One has tons of CGI skyscrapers while one is almost an entire replica of the Chicago/Pittsburgh of the real world.

Head over to the All Things Superman thread and you'll see people posting GIF's of all the fake skyscrapers of Metropolis that Snyder added.

What he said^^^.

And BB/TDK were filmed in Chicago, and they did look just like Chicago.

There;s a good shot in Batman Begins before the theater scene, the city looks just as out there as Metropolis will be. Both are filmed in Chicago. You're exaggerating the look that Metropolis, Smallville will have.

It's still a fictional city and so is Gotham...not everything in Gotham looked like a normal American city. The narrows for example were filmed elsewhere.

MOS will be just like Batman Begins in that it's an ordinary world. What if our real world were hit by aliens tomorrow? It doesn't take away what this world was like in the past or how it's going to look when these aliens arrive. TDKU is that real world before the aliens hit.

Yeah....therein lies the reason why these two worlds are in no way similar. That's like saying "besides the orcs, fantastical creatures, and magic, LOTR and Kingdom of Heaven are very similar."

The fact that this film includes a world where superpowered alien beings exist makes it very different from the Batman films.

Right...isn't that the entire point? And this world is meeting aliens for the first time, so it's not like it goes against anything in the Dark Knight movies. If they reboot Batman, you can bet it's going to be an imitation of Nolan's movies anyway! As are a ton of movies since then that have adopted the tone of the movie series. Skyfall, Star Trek Into Darkness...and yes Man of Steel. MOS is riding on TDK trilogy's trails. It's being made with the same batch of people plus one huge addition. This feels like "Is X-Men First Class a reboot or prequel" debate again.

So I ask, how could they make a Batman reboot more fantasy-friendly yet fit with Man of Steel's realism without being the "realistic" Batman of the Nolan films? And wouldn't having a brand new Batman movie with fantasy elements right from the start kind of, not be Batman anyway? Would he be bit by a radioactive bat? And how could a pure Nolan Superman be any different from what we see in MOS? Not just the story but tone and "realism" wise? There's already no Kryptonite. Would Nolan's Superman be born on Earth?

I don't see the "perfect comic book reboot" of Batman that people seem to want because this isn't the perfect comic reboot of Superman as we can already see. Keeping TDK Trilogy as "phase 1" of the DCU is a smarter move I think not only creatively but financially as well.

I think if you had to apply 'movie tone' to real life, think about the changes in psyche, behaviour (regular people, gov etc), policies and practices, sense of reality (we're not as safe as we thought we were) that occured due to one event (9/11). You could almost say the USA changed 'tonally' - if you get my drift.

So with Batman being the first character to appear, which I think would need to happen to work; I would have LOVED to see how Bale as realistic Nolan Batman would have reacted to learning of this so-called 'Superman' alien.

Massive event (we are not alone, we are like ants to him, there are more of them and not friendly) - BANG, tone HAS to shift.

All the above is moot; I don't think Bale will be included in any JL movies. But to say it cannot happen because the movies' differ tonally is imo incorrect.

There;s a good shot in Batman Begins before the theater scene, the city looks just as out there as Metropolis will be. Both are filmed in Chicago. You're exaggerating the look that Metropolis, Smallville will have.

It's still a fictional city and so is Gotham...not everything in Gotham looked like a normal American city. The narrows for example were filmed elsewhere.

MOS will be just like Batman Begins in that it's an ordinary world. What if our real world were hit by aliens tomorrow? It doesn't take away what this world was like in the past or how it's going to look when these aliens arrive. TDKU is that real world before the aliens hit.

Looks even more stylized than the Narrows; the Narrows that were also just dropped and not even mentioned again after BB.

It is like our world except that anything can happen. TDKT was our world with a few pseudo science elements added in. You're essentially trying to argue that a universe where Ra's couldn't have his immortality and Bane couldn't have his Venom can be merged with a universe where a man can fly and with aliens. We sacrificed things like that as well as things like Batman making his own tech so that we could get that ultra-realism that fit well for the Nolan films. What was the point of getting rid of those things if they're going to have a shared universe? How fair is it that every superhero's respective part of the DC world will have little to no limits to what they can do while Batman got tons of limits on him?

I think if you had to apply 'movie tone' to real life, think about the changes in psyche, behaviour (regular people, gov etc), policies and practices, sense of reality (we're not as safe as we thought we were) that occured due to one event (9/11). You could almost say the USA changed 'tonally' - if you get my drift.

So with Batman being the first character to appear, which I think would need to happen to work; I would have LOVED to see how Bale as realistic Nolan Batman would have reacted to learning of this so-called 'Superman' alien.

Massive event (we are not alone, we are like ants to him, there are more of them and not friendly) - BANG, tone HAS to shift.

All the above is moot; I don't think Bale will be included in any JL movies. But to say it cannot happen because the movies' differ tonally is imo incorrect.

Yes I agree. Batman has always been the vigilante human who fights crime in his city. No aliens... so when Batman and Superman cross over, of course it's not going to fit 100% with what Batman and his stories are used to. But that's the point of mixing Batman and Superman. They are different worlds, to an extent. Which is why having Nolan produce both TDK and MOS with the real-world tone makes the two feel very similar from what we've seen and heard. If any Superman would fit with Bale's Batman, it would be this one.

Right...isn't that the entire point? And this world is meeting aliens for the first time, so it's not like it goes against anything in the Dark Knight movies. If they reboot Batman, you can bet it's going to be an imitation of Nolan's movies anyway! As are a ton of movies since then that have adopted the tone of the movie series. Skyfall, Star Trek Into Darkness...and yes Man of Steel. MOS is riding on TDK trilogy's trails. It's being made with the same batch of people plus one huge addition. This feels like "Is X-Men First Class a reboot or prequel" debate again.

So I ask, how could they make a Batman reboot more fantasy-friendly yet fit with Man of Steel's realism without being the "realistic" Batman of the Nolan films? And wouldn't having a brand new Batman movie with fantasy elements right from the start kind of, not be Batman anyway? Would he be bit by a radioactive bat? And how could a pure Nolan Superman be any different from what we see in MOS? Not just the story but tone and "realism" wise? There's already no Kryptonite. Would Nolan's Superman be born on Earth?

I don't see the "perfect comic book reboot" of Batman that people seem to want because this isn't the perfect comic reboot of Superman as we can already see. Keeping TDK Trilogy as "phase 1" of the DCU is a smarter move I think not only creatively but financially as well.

I just responded to you explaining how MOS is not at all like TDKT and how you won't just get a carbon copy TDKT because MOS is nowhere as realistic as TDKT.

Now right after I explained you that, you respond to another user asking the same BS.

Ignoring me is not going to make the truth go away.

Looks even more stylized than the Narrows; the Narrows that were also just dropped and not even mentioned again after BB.

It is like our world except that anything can happen. TDKT was our world with a few pseudo science elements added in. You're essentially trying to argue that a universe where Ra's couldn't have his immortality and Bane couldn't have his Venom can be merged with a universe where a man can fly and with aliens. We sacrificed things like that as well as things like Batman making his own tech so that we could get that ultra-realism that fit well for the Nolan films. What was the point of getting rid of those things if they're going to have a shared universe? How fair is it that every superhero's respective part of the DC world will have little to no limits to what they can do while Batman got tons of limits on him?

But that's different because aliens are aliens, not based on Earth's rules. Which is why you can watch TDK movies and appreciate them as "realistic" crime dramas. Are you saying the only reason you want Batman rebooted is so an immortal Ra's and a venom induced Bane can be featured? This Superman doesn't have Kryptonite. There are limits to both of them!

The movie isn't out for a few more weeks. Let's wait till then to pass judgement whether Superman will be the first superhero on the scene in the DCCU. This is an origin story. They could pepper hints of other metas from his teens up to his emergence as Superman for all we know. Maybe he reveals himself because the threat is Kryptonian as that message from Zod clearly shows. So he has to deal with this problem Kryptonian to Kryptonian because other metas just can't deal with it.

Because they're not born here on earth for god sakes. What don't u understand about that? The aliens are called aliens because they weren't originated on this planet.

Ra's wasn't immortal, etc because these people are PEOPLE born here. Superman, Zod, Jor-El, brainiac, darkseid, whoever. They're not born here. That's why they can come to our earth or TDKU's earth and have their powers.

There's nothing in TDK trilogy that says aliens can't ever come and disrupt the realistic world they live in...

:applaud:

Because they're not born here on earth for god sakes. What don't u understand about that? The aliens are called aliens because they weren't originated on this planet.

Ra's wasn't immortal, etc because these people are PEOPLE born here. Superman, Zod, Jor-El, brainiac, darkseid, whoever. They're not born here. That's why they can come to our earth or TDKU's earth and have their powers.

I'm talking about the DCU as a whole. Flash's world doesn't include aliens and his world won't be limited. Why should Batman's world be limited but not Flash's? Aliens are just a part of the DC universe.

But that's different because aliens are aliens, not based on Earth's rules. Which is why you can watch TDK movies and appreciate them as "realistic" crime dramas. Are you saying the only reason you want Batman rebooted is so an immortal Ra's and a venom induced Bane can be featured? This Superman doesn't have Kryptonite. There are limits to both of them!

Aliens have nothing to do with Metropolis and Gotham being different.

Snyder said Kryptonite is not in this movie because it was overused in the last movies just like Lex was. You can bet your butt that Kryptonite will appear at some point down the road. Probably when Luthor shows up.

There's nothing in TDK trilogy that says aliens can't ever come and disrupt the realistic world they live in...
Exactly, just like our world has no proof that an alien invasion cant happen.

MOS is a story of first alien contact into an ordinary world. What Shikamaru doesn't get is that's the premise. MOS is a real world depiction and the concept was "What would it be like if Superman existed in our everyday lives?" This was used in TDKT.

TDKU or any kind of real world is what happened before Superman debuts.

I'm talking about the DCU as a whole. Flash's world doesn't include aliens and his world won't be limited. Why should Batman's world be limited but not Flash's? Aliens are just a part of the DC universe.

Aliens have nothing to do with Metropolis and Gotham being different.

Snyder said Kryptonite is not in this movie because it was overused in the last movies just like Lex was. You can bet your butt that Kryptonite will appear at some point down the road. Probably when Luthor shows up.
How do you know Flash's world wont be limited? are you writing the script? And who cares if it does? It comes AFTER mos and the introduction of super-powered beings.

Even if Kryptonite appears, it's coming from Krypton. Not here.

MOS is a story of first alien contact into an ordinary world. What Shikamaru doesn't get is that's the premise. MOS is a real world depiction and the concept was "What would it be like if Superman existed in our everyday lives?" This was used in TDKT.

Always wondered about that.

What you don't get is that they're two different kinds of realism.

TDKT was realistic in a "How would Batman and his villains be like if they were real?" kind of way.

MOS is realistic in a "How would the world react if Superman as we know him and the aliens of the DC comics as we know them all of a sudden appeared in our world today?" kind of way.

One is grounded both the characters and the world around them while the other is just grounding the world around them.

either would work. TDKT or a reboot with a realistic tone as well.

It's just a matter if Nolan lets them use his story, and if Bale wants to sign on.

Batman is the human who fights humans and Superman is the alien who fights aliens. Their worlds collide... The same team who brought us TDK movies are doing the Superman movie, what is the problem really? Bruce is still alive, Bale even said he'd return if the story was right. Meaning, he didn't think TDKR was the definitive end to his character. If we get a rebooted Batman series by people other than Nolan and Zimmer and the gang, it will feel even less in tone with MOS than it seems now.

And not only that but it's a waste of time and resources when they should introduce other characters like Wonder Woman and everyone.

How do you know Flash's world wont be limited? are you writing the script? And who cares if it does? It comes AFTER mos and the introduction of super-powered beings.

Even if Kryptonite appears, it's coming from Krypton. Not here.

Because Kryptonite in the comics comes from here :o.

My point still stands. Why should Superman and the rest have little to no limits to what their universe can do while Batman's universe had a lot of limits? It seems like such an unfair decision to Batman.

What you don't get is that they're two different kinds of realism.

TDKT was realistic in a "How would Batman and his villains be like if they were real?" kind of way.

MOS is realistic in a "How would the world react if Superman as we know him and the aliens of the DC comics as we know them all of a sudden appeared in our world today?" kind of way.

One is grounded both the characters and the world around them while the other is just grounding the world around them.
And HOW does that interfere with one another? please tell me! It doesn't at all if one comes after another. If it was going on at the same time as the events of TDKT or beforehand then I would agree with you. But it wouldn't.

Batman is the human who fights humans and Superman is the alien who fights aliens. Their worlds collide... The same team who brought us TDK movies are doing the Superman movie, what is the problem really? Bruce is still alive, Bale even said he'd return if the story was right. Meaning, he didn't think TDKR was the definitive end to his character. If we get a rebooted Batman series by people other than Nolan and Zimmer and the gang, it will feel even less in tone with MOS than it seems now.

And not only that but it's a waste of time and resources when they should introduce other characters like Wonder Woman and everyone.

This entire paragraph goes by the assumption that MOS will be made in the same vein as TDKT in terms of tone and feel. I already explained to you why this isn't the case multiple times.

I'll say this again: Ignoring me is not going to make my arguments go away.

Because Kryptonite in the comics comes from here :o.

My point still stands. Why should Superman and the rest have little to no limits to what their universe can do while Batman's universe had a lot of limits? It seems like such an unfair decision to Batman.
That's the comics. Things change.

Because Superman doesn't come from this planet, Batman does. That's why. Lex Luthor is a man born here, he will be depicted as any villain from TDKT.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"