The Dark Knight Rises **OFFICIAL** TDK Rises merchandise thread IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Coatless Bane prototype..not sure if MM

Picture12-1.png

That doesn't look like a MM to me. The torso and feet look different.

it says in the auction where I found it that it was 5.4 inches tall...which is the size of an MM Bane figure. The sculpt looks good. It's the articulation that throws me off. MMs have all had ball jointed shoulders and wrist and foot joints

I guess Mattel sort of gave up on this paint job due to expense? Amazing what a difference the 3 inch figure would have been... maybe they will consider it being that there is not that many in circulation??
instead of this..
33dxybs.jpg

we got this, I know there is a brown vest too, but still, the top promo was best!
a2riub.jpg

When I saw the below figure at Walmart, I was like "Why the fuc* is Bane green?". Lmao. Horrible figure.

yea it does look like a movie masters, the 3 inch has no articulation in the arms at all =/ I do hope we eventually get a coatless bane, but who knows.

TDKR merch is showing up everywhereeeeeeeeeeeeee

I was at the market tonight (Vons/Safeway) and they had a cardboard stand-up display of the 4" figures with an offer for a free Batman duffle bag with $15 Mattel purchase + $5 s/h. Fine print: purchase can't be from Target/WalMart/TRU/KMart. D'oh!

More info here: https://store.mattel.com/transition.aspx?cmd=new&transitionid=193

MM Catwoman "goggles up" video review:
[YT]lZj-3pOveSc[/YT]

The Prototype Bane is probably the 5 incher that is Wal-Mart exclusive. (or was supposed to be). It was on a Q&A with Mattel a while back that there were supposed to be 5" exclusives at Wally, to complete the 5 inchers from BB and TDK.

I really HATE that Mattel feels like they have to jump on this 3 3/4" bandwagon. Tiny figs look horrid...

Coatless Bane prototype..not sure if MM

Picture12-1.png

it says in the auction where I found it that it was 5.4 inches tall...which is the size of an MM Bane figure. The sculpt looks good. It's the articulation that throws me off. MMs have all had ball jointed shoulders and wrist and foot joints

I wish this was an upcoming Movie Masters but it's too small, Movie Master Bane is 6 1/8" tall not 5.4". This looks like the prototype for the 5" Walmart exclusive figures that will hit around the time of the movies Blu Ray/DVD release/ holiday season. If you guys remember the main kids line for The Dark Knight was not 3.75" like it is for Rises, it was 5" action figures. Back in 2008 toy companies were still making 5" movie line figures since the recession had just begun. Since then they have moved to 3.75" to lower production cost and get more product in the same shelf space. Although quality and articulation has dropped dramatically in these new smaller figures and price has gone up on a much smaller crappier toy. I got the 3 main 5" figures from the TDK line, Batman, Joker & Two Face and they were each $7 in 2008 now these terrible 3.75" figures are $10 each.

Anyway, Mattel decided to do just Batman & Bane in the 5" scale this time around so people could match them to the 2008 TDK line and they will be carried by Walmart at some point later this year. You can read about it here in the Matty Collector Q&A section. For those that don't know MattyCollector.com is Mattel's collector website where they sell collectors lines and interact with fans....http://forums.mattycollector.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/8541044647/m/1311033757

Not exactly TDKR, but another update from Hot Toys

Joker20.jpg

Still no Bane news......

I'm game for more Joker stuff! Though I would love to finally see some Hot Toys Bane shots...

Wow, that kinda make me chuckle a bit seeing big head Batman fight big head Bane

It's not for TDKR, but it's Catwoman.

DC_CvrGrls_Catwoman.jpg
Love the hair out, such a cool idea!

Winter version of Bane put on the DC site.

TDKR_BaneWinterBust.jpg

That's awesome, I wish his hands were on his vest though like we've seen.

So what'd I get from work today?

hr_The_Dark_Knight_Rises_15.jpg

Doubled sided 27x40 final poster. Working at the theater definitely pays off. :up:

Now I have all three finals for the Nolan Batfilms. The other two I have.

poster.jpg

darkknightnewposter.jpg

I want to get frames and hang them all up.

So what'd I get from work today?

hr_The_Dark_Knight_Rises_15.jpg

Doubled sided 27x40 final poster. Working at the theater definitely pays off. :up:

Now I have all three finals for the Nolan Batfilms. The other two I have.

poster.jpg

darkknightnewposter.jpg

I want to get frames and hang them all up.

I'm really disappointed that TDKR poster is most likely the final one. I just don't think it will look good next to my other two from BB and TDK. I might settle with the broken cowl/Bane poster.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"