RoboCop Reboot - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes Oldman is Norton, he is the main bad guy really. Him and Keaton.

Just make the suit blue & call him Mega Man.:hehe: Does the gun still come out of his leg or is his fire arm built into his arm?

i honestly get more of a guyver vibe(minus mask)

Why? There's nothing nearly as organic or monstrous about this new Robocop design.

People keep comparing it to other suits/armors that it really looks nothing like and doesn't even share many design elements with.

I really like the thin red visor within the helmet/visor.

The suit looks okay, would've liked it more if it had two different tones of color. Otherwise, still excited.

It looks like every kind of suit you'd see in a video game. Really uninteresting.

Yes Oldman is Norton, he is the main bad guy really. Him and Keaton.

Isn't there another Clarence Boddicker type character, though? I thought Oldman/Norton were kind of the Ronny Cox style bad guys in this one where they're the "business" bad guys and that there was still a thuggish Boddicker character, too, no?

Crysis meets Judge Dredd meets The Dark Knight.

Isn't there another Clarence Boddicker type character, though? I thought Oldman/Norton were kind of the Ronny Cox style bad guys in this one where they're the "business" bad guys and that there was still a thuggish Boddicker character, too, no?

Vallon is not the main bad guy though, he's the Boddicker character, but a much smaller role. Norton is a very different role in this one, and his pretty much like Dr. Frankenstein. So he ends up being the main bad guy till the end with Robo.

Hmm alright then. I suppose a new direction for the main villain is smarter than trying to one-up an epic villain like Boddicker.

nanosuit1.jpg

While I kinda like the new Robocop suit, it also represents how modern Hollywood design is so derivative that it fails to be iconic.

Being a huge Robocop fan myself, I'm ok with the suit. They paid homage to the movie with the helmet design and the "saving of the right arm" (Bob Morton says lose the arm).
This will definitely be a different take as I remember reading Robocop won't retain his classic robotic motions we're accustomed to.
I do agree, he looks more like a man in a suit instead of man with robotic limbs,etc. I'm really excited to see this movie being made!!!

Well, it's not very reminiscent of the original suit, besides the visor, but it still looks pretty cool to me. I'm annoyed at the whole one hand thing, throws the flow of the suit off. But as for the actual design, I like it.

I'd think if people saw a robot with a human hand attached to it they'd be MORE freaked out by it lol. They'd think OCP cut off some corpse's hand and attached it to their robot :)

The human face is a much better way to portray his human side

Didnt it get cancelled without a proper ending?

Be interesting to see how it turns out, hope its not another Total Recall. Its got a lot to live up to though.

Didnt it get cancelled without a proper ending?

nope show ended by the killer being revealed and later arrested and both lead cops went their separate ways

it ended with closure and every story line and character's story wrapped

was cancelled after the season ended

I'll always hate "The Killing" cause it's the reason we didnt get a season 2 of "Lights Out":(

not feelin the new suit so far, i'd need to see it in context before saying its good or bad
but atm it looks a bit bland and more like video game armor than a robotic body

Internet has a manip of how it could look on screen based on the release shoulder pic:

STlGI.jpg

I do think this is sort of what we're gonna get and if so I love it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"