Splinter Cell: Blacklist

So, is the Chaos Theory suit the Upper Echelon suit? I know that looked really similar to the old school suit, and it was an Amazon pre-order bonus I think I'm getting.

I've gotta ask, does the VSS Sniper rifle help at all? I think it was a Gamestop pre-order bonus. A sniper rifle in an SC game seems so odd.

Last edited:
One of the suits says its from Chaos Theory. Yeah I really like the sniper especially in the side missions where you have to eliminate everyone.

Yeah, but I remember using it more to scout than take dudes out with the scope. I think my approach is just more...up close and personal, I guess.

There were some sniper rifle sequences in DA, but I think that was more about deciding which path the story would take rather than having Sam as an actual sniper. Oh, and my copy got here. So, I can't wait to leave work.

Yeah, but I remember using it more to scout than take dudes out with the scope. I think my approach is just more...up close and personal, I guess.

There were some sniper rifle sequences in DA, but I think that was more about deciding which path the story would take rather than having Sam as an actual sniper. Oh, and my copy got here. So, I can't wait to leave work.

Yea i rarely used it myself, but it was deff an option.

I want to ghost this game, but using that knife to gank a terrorist in his throat is just too damn awesome.

Yea i rarely used it myself, but it was deff an option.

I want to ghost this game, but using that knife to gank a terrorist in his throat is just too damn awesome.

Im the same way. I started with choking out people and then just seeing that lethal option on the gear menu and that bad ass knife. It's too tantalizing. I ended up deciding on a panther playthrough.

Not a huge fan of the drone in mp right now. Need to experiment and see what works best. Also the shotgun is beastly

Im the same way. I started with choking out people and then just seeing that lethal option on the gear menu and that bad ass knife. It's too tantalizing. I ended up deciding on a panther playthrough.

Haha hell yea. Theres one animation where Sam like slashes a dude in the chest then pulls him to the ground, turns the guys head then puts another quick slash across his throat. So brutal.

Finally a game 9 months later has dethroned Blops 2 as my go to mp game. I've been playing Spies vs Mercs all day

Finally a game 9 months later has dethroned Blops 2 as my go to mp game. I've been playing Spies vs Mercs all day

Haha thats not hard to do, theres a laundry list of games better than Black Ops.

Good to hear this games MP is top notch tho. It hasnt been since Chaos Theory. Im gonna try and check it out later tonight. Been loving all the side missions and co op missions so far.

I beg to differ Blops 2 is some of the most fun I've had in mp. But yeah this is great fun. Easily the most teamwork needed game ive played since Gears 3. Nothing is more satisfying than pulling off a death from above kill or doing a triple kill as the hacker

I beg to differ Blops 2 is some of the most fun I've had in mp. But yeah this is great fun. Easily the most teamwork needed game ive played since Gears 3. Nothing is more satisfying than pulling off a death from above kill or doing a triple kill as the hacker

Yea i remembered in CT that if the two spies were skilled when comes to working with each other, consider it game over. I used to love getting the attention of a merc and having my teammate come up and choke him out. Id love if this game would remake some of those CT maps, id deff snag that dlc pack.

Side note, i just realized the guy that voices Kobin this go round, is the guy who voiced Adam Jensen in Deus Ex: HR.

Got to play last night...and man, was I blown away. The amount of customization, while still keeping it very much Sam Fisher, is damn impressive. Being able to walk around the Paladin, and talk to Grim, etc., is really cool. And the game seems just rich with content, and the challenges, along with the mastering of play styles, has this game just packed with replayability. But, the crowning jewel is the gameplay. It straight up feels like Chaos Theory. They've kept stuff from ConViction, but just seeing how Sam moves onscreen and we had to maneuver in that first mission (the rescue mission in Benghazi), it looks like a current gen Chaos Theory.

It's probably too early to gush, but there's so much promise I'm seeing that I'm really excited by it. There being challenges to get through the missions without killing anyone and/or being detected is like a love letter to a Splinter Cell fan. And it's genius, to have ratings based on three different play styles. Getting a rating based on being a ghost, or a panther, or an assault player is just a smart way to be inclusive. So, while it's giving me my cake of non-lethal/ no alerts approach...it's still rewarding players for being killing machines if they're consistent with what they're doing.

I do miss Ironside. I really do. And so far, that's the only knock I've got against this. It looks like this game might actually be this generation's Chaos Theory. Again, still early to call it for me. But, man is it off to a good start.

Last edited:
I don't know why, but I am really preferring this new guy over Ironside. Maybe if this Sam looked like the old Sam, I'd want Ironside, but I deff think it would be odd hearing Ironsides voice coming from this character.

I'm really loving the new guy. The voice fits with the face very well. Ironside was great but.they found a great replacement. Just finished the mission in Chicago. Whoa that was a fun mission, I believe its your first one at night too. That's the one that will prove to people this is a stealth game. Found like 11 hidden paths. Was able to almost ghost the entire level

Nice. Iv still only done the first mission. Been doing the side missions and co op

The side missions and the spies vs Mercs has really kept distracted from the main story. There is a lot to do in the game which is awesome. Makes the 60 bucks worth it

The side missions and the spies vs Mercs has really kept distracted from the main story. There is a lot to do in the game which is awesome. Makes the 60 bucks worth it

Yea for sure. Have u read anywhere at how long this game is? I mean going by what iv done. Each level or mission lasts me about 35 min to an hour. Seems like there is a LOT of game here. Moreso than any previous SC

Yeah, sounds about right. I was silently killing fools last night, and it took me about 58 miniutes. So, I'd imagine that if I'm ghosting it and not touching anyone, then it'd probably take an extra 30 minutes.

Gotta ask, I played the minigame online, at spiesvsmercs.com, that's supposed to net me the elite adrenaline suit. How long does it take for them to email you the code?

Yea for sure. Have u read anywhere at how long this game is? I mean going by what iv done. Each level or mission lasts me about 35 min to an hour. Seems like there is a LOT of game here. Moreso than any previous SC

In the stats they have stats for mastering each type and you can master each type on each mission and on there they have 27 so that probably means 27 missions so I'm going to say its an easy 30 hour game not counting spies vs Mercs or ghosting it on perfectionist

In the stats they have stats for mastering each type and you can master each type on each mission and on there they have 27 so that probably means 27 missions so I'm going to say its an easy 30 hour game not counting spies vs Mercs or ghosting it on perfectionist

Yea thats awesome. I can already tell its more content than Chaos Theory and hell i was playing Chaos Theory right up until this games launch.

I just got done doing Grimms first mission and i had a flash back to CT. I was in the CT outfit, with the classic Green lit goggles, the level was dark and i couldnt raise any alarms. So damn awesome. I think i can say this is my fav entry in the series. Cant wait to see these other levels, wonder if any will be as good as Seoul or the bank mission?

If there is, then man they've really raised the bar again. I mean, that bank mission is just legendary for me. Such a great level.

Just played some Spies v Merc Classic and THAT is SvM the way i remember. Chaos Theory would be proud.

I haven't really been following the discussions here, so what are the impressions so far? I never played Conviction, so how does it compare to the other games in the franchise?

It's up there as the best in series if not the best

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Otewe2001
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"