The Dark Knight Rises TDKR SPOILERS (read at your own risk) - Part 5

Because Bruce is the good guy... He left Alfred the pearls to find him as soon as he looked. Why in the world would someone think Bruce would say "Son of a *****, I'll show you for leaving me!"

what do you mean left him the tracker for the pearls? He showed up where Alfred always went when he was missing the first time and Selina wasn't wearing the pearls when he saw them. even if he did do that he still didn't tell him before the funeral. so for days he mourned.

Last edited:
I think he looks at his heavy gauntlets and says "these things cancel your strength,victory has defeated you"

which is kinda ironic because those blades are what cut the hoses on his mask in the final fight.

nah doesn't say that, definitely "your strength" is the last part though. so annoying.. i want to know dammit.

Peace has cost you your strength. Victory has defeated you. From the novel.

Yeah I highly suggest the novel. I'm aware its not the movie. Such as the begins novel having ras write talia. But I mean he worked with emma..so it help clear some things up.

Yeah I highly suggest the novel. I'm aware its not the movie. Such as the begins novel having ras write talia. But I mean he worked with emma..so it help clear some things up.

thanks. yeah I need to get that thing

I look at it this way...Bruce was being a bit emo to fake his death and not even tell Alfred the truth. But they had a very bitter goodbye and things were not left on a good note between them. It's one of those deals where it might have been awkward to pick up the phone. If you've ever went a long time without speaking to a parent or someone very close to you after a fight, this rings very, very true.

But in the end, time heals all wounds and when Bruce finally is able to forgive Alfred, he does so in spectacular fashion. That was probably the single happiest moment of Alfred's life.

Pretty much. I mean, it might've even taken time for Bruce to recover physically after the blast. Also, he probably didn't even know where or how to contact Alfred since Alfred left (I know, I know, he's Batman but still...)? Maybe the cafe thing is the only way he knew possible to reach him.

I'm more sad that the two will likely not cross paths again after the cafe scene. :p That's what Alfred said earlier that they'd go their separate ways but I'd like to imagine that they'd still contact each other every now and then. :funny:

Pretty much. I mean, it might've even taken time for Bruce to recover physically after the blast. Also, he probably didn't even know where or how to contact Alfred since Alfred left. :funny:

Maybe he could have a note delivered to him at the funeral. Alfred looked like he was going to go straight home and put a gun in his mouth.

Actually, it was nice the way they did it. Alfred said earlier that after many years of thinking he was dead back in the Batman Begins days he had a fantasy he ran into him at the cafe and he had moved on in his life and found happiness. It's really no different than then. Again he thinks Bruce is dead but this time his fantasy came true. People shouldn't wonder why Bruce let Alfred think he was dead. He'd already done it before. There had already been a funeral for Bruce back before Batman Begins time. I wonder if they used the same headstone.

Think of it this way. In Batman Begins he had been gone for so long he was declared legally dead and a tombstone was put next to his parent's grave. During that time Alfred dreamed of running into Bruce at that cafe and they didn't speak but he saw he was alive and happy. If you erase all events from Batman Begins to the end of this movie, Bruce would still be declared dead and Alfred's fantasy came true. You can't think about how it was unreasonable in this movie for Bruce to let Alfred and friends think he was dead, especially since he did it before.

Last edited:
Alfred himself as pretty selfish and petty to leave Bruce like that which Alfred would never do. Stupidest thing in the whole movie. They basically wrote Alfred out of acts 2 and 3 so he's barely in it.

Alfred himself as pretty selfish and petty to leave Bruce like that which Alfred would never do. Stupidest thing in the whole movie. They basically wrote Alfred out of acts 2 and 3 so he's barely in it.

I agree because Alfred said he would NEVER give up on him or abandon him. Then he does. I'd like to think there was a scene on the cutting room floor where Alfred picks him up in the private jet after he escapes from prison.

I dont really agree with this. He was trying to tell him that Gotham is better served by Bruce Wayne then it is by batman. He didn't want to see bruce be killed as batman. Bruce obviously wasnt listening and if Alfred stuck around to keep on helping him, he would never understand that. Was he wrong, maybe, but its not selfish to want the best for a person even if it involves some tough love.

Yea, seems like something is missing. Bruce was pissed and hurt when Alfred told him, said goodbye, but then expected Alfred was still around the next morning. It was like it wasn't as a big a deal as he initially reacted.

He didn't take Alfred seriously. Deep down, he probably didn't think Alfred would ever leave him. In addition, in that one "Alfred?" it showed just how dependent Bruce is on him…he was like a son calling out for his dad.

When he actually did leave, that was a reality check for Bruce.

was anyone else wondering why modines death isnt shown... i watched on-set footage last year were he was hit by a tumbler... but that wasnt there .. or did i miss that ?

was anyone else wondering why modines death isnt shown... i watched on-set footage last year were he was hit by a tumbler... but that wasnt there .. or did i miss that ?
It wasn't shown, to emphasis how useless his character was. :oldrazz:

It wasn't shown, to emphasis how useless his character was. :oldrazz:

well i wouldt go that far... but i just saw it .. i am blown away by the movie and really have to watch it again.. especially without the dubbing.. (german bane was horrible.. they made him sound like the german joker, which was very irritating ... )

The movie was edited to show him shooting as the tumbler was heading towards him and Talia said "Kill them all" and you hear Tumbler machine guns, then they show his body.

Gotta say that my one of my very few criticisms was the role of Modine as Deputy Commish.

I just didn't really see the point of the character.

He didn't take Alfred seriously. Deep down, he probably didn't think Alfred would ever leave him. In addition, in that one "Alfred?" it showed just how dependent Bruce is on him…he was like a son calling out for his dad.

Yes he did. He knew Alfred was leaving, which is why he was holding back tears. He said "Goodbye, Alfred" for a reason.

And Alfred leaving doesn’t mean he gave up on Bruce, just that he understood he had to resign. I do feel that he should have come back at some point before the end, and that this element was sloppily handled.

Yes he did. He knew Alfred was leaving, which is why he was holding back tears. He said "Goodbye, Alfred" for a reason.

And Alfred leaving doesn’t mean he gave up on Bruce, just that he understood he had to resign. I do feel that he should have come back at some point before the end, and that this element was sloppily handled.

I think it would have been better if Alfred blew Bane away with a shotgun rather than Catwoman.

Yes!

Wearing the BEGINS suit.

(As long as Bane got a decent death sequence)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"