The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread - Upgrade section 5 - - - Part 12

Discussion in 'Avengers: Age of Ultron' started by Thread Manager, Mar 3, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Quasimod0

Quasimod0 Bell-Ringer

Btw I thought QS in the comics has white hair, why do I see people saying they want him to have silver hair? It doesnt look silver in the comics to me.

2. mkilban2

mkilban2 family1stclothingco.com

It's concept art to show scenes and possible situations, not like its a freaking movie poster lol. What point is there to creating a totally different tony or hulk when you just need the placeholder to show the settings.

There was a "new" hulk in the hulkbuster pic because that's sometime specific, not something generic like Tony in a new lab or Hulk in a destructive scene.

3. Kurne

Kurne Well-Known Member

Doesn't Quicksilver have white hair in the comics because of Magneto? Is that the reason Marvel can't give him white hair?

4. xrs13

xrs13 Cold as ice

The only thing they cant use is their heritage and the mutants. Physical looks are okay to use :)

5. Iceman

Iceman Daffy Duck Vs The Joker

I don't get why you think they're trying to pass off the old art as new. They're not reusing images that hardly anyone saw or that can be easily forgotten or weren't all over the place lol. And have you seen much concept art/pre-vis? Check your DVDs/blu-ray extras or get a making-of book to a sci-fi/fantasy/superhero film (sequel). That should stop these embarrassing assertions.

6. Keyser Soze

Keyser Soze AW YEEEAH!

I know we didn't get much, but man... just a few well-chosen words for Joss Whedon has my hype bubbling away nicely. Even as someone who had followed all the Marvel Studios movies, The Avengers kinda took me by surprise, as I was so hyped for The Dark Knight Rises that I didn't really follow the development of The Avengers much and it went by under my radar. But then The Avengers blew me away and was amazing, and of course it was one of the biggest films ever, so I have a feeling a lot more eyes are going to be on this sequel. I know I'm certainly following its development much more avidly.

7. Doctor Jones

Doctor Jones It's All One Story

Spot on. I think for the most part, that's the main prerogative. But once they actually see it and test it, if it doesn't work for that actor or on screen, then it doesn't work.

And I'm liking their looks. Wanda looks like she belongs in Buffy the Vampire Slayer and that isn't a bad thing at all.

8. Caboose

Caboose Well-Known Member

Standard practice is what it is. You seem dense.

9. JB-the-Hunter

JB-the-Hunter Booty hunter

In the comics 70's QS and modern day QS look relatively the same.

10. Ant-manic

Ant-manic Well-Known Member

..........what?

11. AlexanderLykins

AlexanderLykins Well-Known Member

Again I'm trying my best not to "troll". But isn't the point of paying the artists to create new stuff. Does it really save that much more money to reuse the same stuff. I'm trying not to piss everyone off. Why couldn't we just get something new drawn in. I'm sure it would only take these artists a day or two at the most.

12. RickCoronel

RickCoronel Well-Known Member

Is it possible that he gets the white hair in the final battle? Perhaps by pushing his powers to the limit?

13. DrDoom

DrDoom Dictator

IMHO it'd be better if Ultron took over the suit with Tony still inside. Would be more dramatic if Hulk has to take the suit down without harming Tony. Otherwise he could just tear it to pieces

14. craigdbfan

craigdbfan Well-Known Member

Scarlet Witch costume is pretty lazy. One of the only Marvel Studio costumes (can we even call it that?) I have felt nothing for...Quicksilver however looks absolutely perfect.

15. Brutalitops

Brutalitops Well-Known Member

Evangelion 01 v. Evangelion 03. Somewhat. Would be prettttty cool.

16. Kurne

Kurne Well-Known Member

Quicksilver looks BADASS nonetheless. I always pictured Pietro in his blue suit for this film. There'd be too much green with Hulk and Vision :p

17. samsnee

samsnee Well-Known Member

Honestly, we know nothing about the movie. Is that even Stark in the suit or controlling it? Maybe it's not really a fight, but Hulk helping Stark test a new suit.

18. Kurne

Kurne Well-Known Member

Also why does the color scheme on Ant-Man remind me of Captain Britain o_0

19. AlexanderLykins

AlexanderLykins Well-Known Member

Why do I seem dense? I'm not into the concept art stuff so I had no idea they reused the same stuff in previous films.

20. Caboose

Caboose Well-Known Member

5 bucks says that's just her civilian outfit.

21. Vartha

Vartha Mod of Thunder

wow....We didn't crash lol There was 231 people in here at one point

22. xrs13

xrs13 Cold as ice

In the comics most superheros look the same now as they did in the 70's without obvious costume changes haha but movies have to use real time. Also In the comics he has natural white hair :p
    I just think perhaps if Fox's is just in civilian clothes and has this punky edgy personality it works. Obviously if it was present day Singer wouldnt put him in that, Everyone comments on his bland designs for the future costumes so if we saw QS in the future he would likely be in something more accurate.

I guess my point is I don't like the "this is better than that" debate when I just want to enjoy both for what they are and enjoy the performances.

23. craigdbfan

craigdbfan Well-Known Member

We can only hope.

24. Saitou Hajime

Saitou Hajime Well-Known Member

Pietro's hair has the cut even if it doesn't have the color (and it appears to have silver tips anyway), plus his costume is a close approximation of the blue/white bodysuit even if the lightning motif isn't there (which he could still get once he becomes a full blown superhero). So I'm fine with it.

25. Keyser Soze

Keyser Soze AW YEEEAH!

I actually like the look of Wanda. It has a kinda gypsy vibe to it, while keeping the red aesthetic. Scarlet Witch is not a character I've ever really been big into, but this piqued my interest in the portrayal for sure.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.