Age of Ultron The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread - Upgrade section 5 - Part 6

Status
Not open for further replies.
We didn't quite get a clear view of his mouth though. Will it have that crackling red energy and butterfly-shaped mouth?

We didn't quite get a clear view of his mouth though. Will it have that crackling red energy and butterfly-shaped mouth?

Yeah, I wish we got the full head, but what we could make out seemed pretty spot on, so I wouldn't doubt the rest to fall in line as well.

Surfer

lol, the image in Ultron's eye panned over Black Widow, Hulk, Iron Man, Captain America and Thor

Jeremy Renner sits in a corner, dejected

Only heard good comments about the Ultron image so far. Can't wait to see it myself.

Yeah, I wish we got the full head, but what we could make out seemed pretty spot on, so I wouldn't doubt the rest to fall in line as well.

Surfer

They need to learn from the Marvel Legends fiasco some years ago that they shouldn't try to change the classic design of Ultron to something they think is "cooler". That dog faced, then rabbit-eared Ultron figure was almost universally hated, and further compounded by the fact that his glider had a classic Ultron head on it.

Can I post some HQ screencaps from the iPad app trailer ?

They need to learn from the Marvel Legends fiasco some years ago that they shouldn't try to change the classic design of Ultron to something they think is "cooler". That dog faced, then rabbit-eared Ultron figure was almost universally hated, and further compounded by the fact that his glider had a classic Ultron head on it.

You can't beat a classic.:yay:

Surfer

there you go :

9924574796_783be27ffa_z.jpg

9924619064_a292857e28_z.jpg

I'm always the minority on SHH when I say this, but I hope they change up the look of his classic face design. I always thought it looked more goofy than menacing.

I'm always the minority on SHH when I say this, but I hope they change up the look of his classic face design. I always thought it looked more goofy than menacing.

It's not just about the look

The combination of look,writing, body language and Spader's voice is what going to make him menacing imo

I suppose you'd prefer something like this?

marvel-legends-ultron.jpg

Or this?

ultron1.jpg

Good god, I can't get over how awesome he looks. He looks goofy, just like Ultron is suppose to look. So glad the jack o lantern face seems to be staying (for now)

I think his face looks pretty scary. He has a great design

Ultron looks goofy? I always thought he looked very menacing that face is perfect. Why do comic fans hate comics? I don't get it.

[/SPOILER]

WTF? Who designed that POS? He looks like he's gonna start barking and chasing cars. :cmad:

It was Toybiz. They also thought classic Ultron was too boring and wanted to make something "cooler" so came out with that dog faced turd. When it debuted online fans were up in arms at the redesign so they then switched it with that rabbit eared version and fans were relieved that at least it vaguely resembled Ultron. But it was still a POS and completely unsatisfactory.

it's a jack o lantern. it would be plenty scary if it was staring at you from the darkness.

It was a very smart move to share the teaser in HD but with the Comic-Con audience in the background. I always wanted them to do that. Very good.

HD teaser looks awesome. And goofy? He doesn't look goofy at all.

I'm hoping Whedon has a change of heart and gives us dat Ultron face.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"