Age of Ultron The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread - Upgrade section 5 - Part 7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agreed, i think Marvel is seeing trilogies more as storyarcs, than the end of their series, as a trilogy it doesn't really work because you can't watch the 3 in a marathon without having to watch The Avengers, as it probably affects the 3rd film more than the 2nd film did.

Basically like we said before, the MCU is its own comic continuity. There is no set Act I, Act 2, Act 3 thing. It's just ongoing.

Aside from Joss's skills as a filmmaker, the other thing that I'm worried about is his tendency to add a lot of humor into these things.

I mean, nothing wrong with humor, but I feel like his sense of humor can act as a double edge sword where it can downplay the seriousness of a situation.

I do hope that Joss doesn't decide to add more humor into this film and that he allows it to take a more mature development and not play it so kid friendly safe.

original.jpg

tumblr_m3mi1wvjQ91qim3s8o1_500.gif

The format is all wrong. That is fan written.

Although I have some problems with Iron Man 3, one of my things I loved the most about it was how it didn't try to create + wrap-up a trilogy out of a series of films that weren't structured as part of a trilogy in the first place, unlike a certain other film from last year (*cough*darkknightrises*cough*).
that's because TDK wasnt tied in to others DC movies

That alleged script leak is laughably bad. The format is not even remotely close to a proper screenplay and the whole thing screams fan-written, especially the forced Tony one-liners. That's usually the dead giveaway--Stark lines always sound like someone trying way too hard to emulate RDJ in these things.

Agreed. RDJ seems to come up with most of the one-liners himself in the middle of the shooting the scene, not from reciting a script.

Although I have some problems with Iron Man 3, one of my things I loved the most about it was how it didn't try to create + wrap-up a trilogy out of a series of films that weren't structured as part of a trilogy in the first place, unlike a certain other film from last year (*cough*darkknightrises*cough*).

That's so interesting. Part of what I loved about IM3 was how it did wrap up a story arc for Iron Man, and things went full circle back to IM1, like a good trilogy ender should. It did this without closing the door to additional stories, but there was a reason that people were all alarmed like 'wait, is he going to still be Iron Man?' because they finished a story very, very completely. If you hadn't seen Avengers you'd think he was just riding off into the sunset like any other trilogy hero, and not moving to Stark Tower.

It says a lot that Marvel doesn't set out to make trilogies and then naturally makes them anyways.

Regarding the debate over who creates Ultron, an interview with Kevin Feige on a French site had an interesting comment. Apologies if this was posted before.

Ultron is there an artificial intelligence developed by Tony Stark?

Hum ... Its origins in the comics is adapted. In the comics, it's Hank Pym who manufactures. And Hank Pym is not in Age of Ultron . Things are changing. We already have a character who is very good with artificial intelligence, so ... Smart people can make their own assumptions, that I will confirm or nor invalidate ( note: he smiles ).

http://reviewer.lavoixdunord.fr/fr/...hulk-ou-guardians-il-nous-dit-tout-interview/

I would bet a million Monopoly dollars that Feige was not referring to Arnim Zola. The one and only character whose expertise in robotics and artificial intelligence has been explored in multiple films is Tony Stark.

The more I think about Iron Man Three, the more I like it.
And if it indeed sets up a lot of upcoming stuff, I think it might get even better.

I think Stark makes the most sense, and that answer leans that way.

Regarding the debate over who creates Ultron, an interview with Kevin Feige on a French site had an interesting comment. Apologies if this was posted before.

http://reviewer.lavoixdunord.fr/fr/...hulk-ou-guardians-il-nous-dit-tout-interview/

I would bet a million Monopoly dollars that Feige was not referring to Arnim Zola. The one and only character whose expertise in robotics and artificial intelligence has been explored in multiple films is Tony Stark.
Aw he mentions a teaser for GOTG at the end of TDW :woot:

He also says that in A2 we'll understand why they dont assemble in IM3 TDW or CA2

Maybe all those movies are happening at the same time ?

MCU Zola hasn't done any artificial intelligence... at all... ever. If he was very good we would have seen some from him somewhere. Also, he may be quite dead. Stark is the only character who is "very good" with artificial intelligence.

I don't think Zola was developed enough (in the actual film), or popular enough to be considered an automatic or remotely obvious choice to be the (or a) reason for Ultron coming into existence.

However, the above also doesn't disqualify him, if they were to use him in A2, they could easily show some backstory; ie. forced to work with Howard Stark, developing basic AI models, working on the side building his own robotic body, downloading into it and escaping.

I just don't think it will be him.

Last edited:
That alleged script leak is laughably bad. The format is not even remotely close to a proper screenplay and the whole thing screams fan-written, especially the forced Tony one-liners. That's usually the dead giveaway--Stark lines always sound like someone trying way too hard to emulate RDJ in these things.

Yeah, that fan-script violates the cardinal sin of screenwriting: a writer never tells the actor how to act, nor the director how to direct. "Stark raises an eyebrow...." Yeah, right. If any screenwriter attempted to deliver that kind of ham-fisted quasi-directing, he'd be permanently 86ed from Hollywood on the spot. It amazes me that trolling wannabe fanboys don't take the time to read a basic screenwriting how-to, or just read a few actual screenplays to see how it's done. Strictly amateur.

MCU Zola hasn't done any artificial intelligence... at all... ever. If he was very good we would have seen some from him somewhere. Also, he may be quite dead. Stark is the only character who is "very good" with artificial intelligence.

Except Toby Jones is most definitely confirmed for CATWS, and has been kept under wraps for good reason. CATWS will be where Zola's expertise, and his past, and his actual comic-book namesake --- the AI in the android body --- will be fully developed. Dunno why people refuse to understand this. CATWS will paint Zola in an entirely new light, and I'll bet a hunnert Internet dollars that he becomes a far bigger villain to MCU Cap (and his Amazing Friends) than Red Skull ever was.

Aw he mentions a teaser for GOTG at the end of TDW :woot:

He also says that in A2 we'll understand why they dont assemble in IM3 TDW or CA2

Maybe all those movies are happening at the same time ?

We have a winner!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"