Age of Ultron The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread - Upgrade section 5 - Part 7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Justin Hammer and Zola come to mind

Arnim Zola? What, the guy whose specialty back before WWII was robotics? The guy who, like Ultron himself, became an AI in an android body of his own making in the comics? The guy who's quietly been biding his time in the shadows of the hoopla around CATWS (with Kevin Feige likely being ecstatic that nobody has even *once* asked about Toby Jones' reprisal of the Zola role)? The one from CATWS, the movie that Feige just yesterday *again* described as the actual link between Avengers 1 and Avengers 2?

Nah.....he couldn't be talking about Arnim Zola. :o
:cwink:

Aside from Joss's skills as a filmmaker, the other thing that I'm worried about is his tendency to add a lot of humor into these things.

I mean, nothing wrong with humor, but I feel like his sense of humor can act as a double edge sword where it can downplay the seriousness of a situation.

I do hope that Joss doesn't decide to add more humor into this film and that he allows it to take a more mature development and not play it so kid friendly safe.

i wish that he'd take control over an army of S.H.I.E.L.D LMDs; just to mentally toy with the Avengers (forcing them to attack something that looks human).

Simple question: why? What is your logic behind this wish?

Simple question: why? What is your logic behind this wish?

I think it's simply a pitch for what grunts could be employed if the powers that be agree that the Avengers need a cannon fodder to battle while putting a stop to Ultron.

Not saying they do need cannon fodder, but if they go with giving Ultron minions, LMDs (perhaps fully sentient ones too) could add some diversity from aliens and drones.

That being said though, how about the Phalanx? Anyone think they could be adapted into the MCU? Perhaps under Ultron control?

Justin Hammer and Zola come to mind

There's one problem with the Zola situation .....

It's not been established within the MCU that he's an AI/Robotics expert. He was a weapons expert, which he blatantly told the Red Skull in a scene where he was being chastized.

Alas, using him could work based on comic canon .... he did have that schematic as an easter egg in CA:TFA, but again that was not something anyone in the audience could've caught onto without buying a DVD and reviewing the scene in slow-mo.

Last edited:
I think -and I bet- that Avengers 3 will have the team reunited off the Earth in a different planet or realm, of wherever Guardians takes place -I'm completely spoiler free on that one-.
It would not only provide conflict somewhere else than a populated earth city, but having Stark, Banner and Cap facing the experience of getting off the planet could provide a very different take on the characters, with a very adventure/comic booky/Star Wars vibe (like that Spider-Man episode from the 90's animated series).
I think is one logical step to keep expanding the universe they've created and I think that by the time Avengers 3 comes, the MCU could very well go into that route.

I think -and I bet- that Avengers 3 will have the team reunited off the Earth in a different planet or realm, of wherever Guardians takes place -I'm completely spoiler free on that one-.
It would not only provide conflict somewhere else than a populated earth city, but having Stark, Banner and Cap facing the experience of getting off the planet could provide a very different take on the characters, with a very adventure/comic booky/Star Wars vibe (like that Spider-Man episode from the 90's animated series).
I think is one logical step to keep expanding the universe they've created and I think that by the time Avengers 3 comes, the MCU could very well go into that route.

Ya, gotta watch for the "save Earth" burnout factor.

Hopefully the battle would take place on a different planet or Thanos Death Temple/Shire like in the I.G. book.

I think it's a must that A3 takes place off Earth. Let Thor take them to another realm, because the Thanos threat should be universe-wide, not worldwide.

Right now, all I want is that Ultron whoops the avengers like child play.

If Marvel owned the Fantastic Four, they could've adapted that Marvel-Two-in-One story with the Thing and the Avengers. That was a cosmic story and had Annihilus, Blaastar, and most importantly the Super Adaptoid.

It would be great to see the Adaptoid fighting the Avengers and mimicking all their powers. In that story he took on an appearance similar to Iron Man, Vision and Cap, and later the Thing.

I suppose the Adaptoid could still feature without Marvel owning the FF, since I don't think he's really an FF-related character. Would be great if some villain were to use him against them, even as a henchman.

There's one problem with the Zola situation .....

It's not been established within the MCU that he's an AI/Robotics expert. He was a weapons expert, which he blatantly told the Red Skull in a scene where he was being chastized.

Alas, using him could work based on comic canon .... he did have that schematic as an easter egg in CA:TFA, but again that was not something anyone in the audience could've caught onto without buying a DVD and reviewing the scene in slow-mo.

The prequel comics to CATFA established that he's a robotics expert, who built "exoskeletons" for many years before Johan Schmidt hired him and repurposed him to biological experimentation on human subjects, including himself. Everyone who knows the character at all from the comics knows him as an AI contained in an android body, and there's every reason to believe that we'll see that in CATWS. CATWS can detail everything the general audience needs to know about Zola's background and history post-CATFA.

So in other words; the general audience has no idea he's a robotics and/or AI expert?

If freaking Spader actually is Hank Pym, and this has all been an elaborate ruse, I don't know if I am going to kiss or kill Whedon and Feige. It would be the one of the most gigantic trolls in the history of mankind.

I see it now!

Spader-Pym and Zola work together to fuse human brainwaves to a robotic body. Zola sabotages an experiment which fused Pym to an unfinished skinless LMD, to test if it works.

Because he was not ready for it or desired it, Pym goes mad and becomes Ultron (fanboy rage defcon 5)

At the end of the film, you see Zola emerge in his new body, and you hear a German-accented voice say "vell dun Mr. Zola, step vun eez kompleet" and you glimpse Baron Zemo.

:D I like making up stuff *shrugs*

I see it now!

Spader-Pym and Zola work together to fuse human brainwaves to a robotic body. Zola sabotages an experiment which fused Pym to an unfinished skinless LMD, to test if it works.

Because he was not ready for it or desired it, Pym goes mad and becomes Ultron (fanboy rage defcon 5)

At the end of the film, you see Zola emerge in his new body, and you hear a German-accented voice say "vell dun Mr. Zola, step vun eez kompleet" and you glimpse Baron Zemo.

:D I like making up stuff *shrugs*

Still better than that ASSEMBLE toon. :word:

So in other words; the general audience has no idea he's a robotics and/or AI expert?

Not until CATWS next year. Thought I explained that already...you must have missed that. Again.

In other news:

When asked basically if this potential third installment would complete Thor's solo outings (a trilogy), Kevin Feige responded: "We don't build any of the movies to be a trilogies; we work on one movie at a time and really focus on making that the best film. And if it works and if people enjoy it, then we get to tell another story.

"We don't build any of the movies to be trilogies."

I've been arguing this fact for the past three years until I'm blue in the face. Finally....direct, indisputable, cold hard truth from Mr. Feige himself.

Trilogies be damned....there's none to be had in the MCU.
Cue the Hallelujah Chorus. :word:

I've been arguing this fact for the past three years until I'm blue in the face. Finally....direct, indisputable, cold hard truth from Mr. Feige himself.

Cue the Hallelujah Chorus.

http://www.instanthallelujah.com/

To be fair folk have been trained to think in trilogies over the years. And they still have their place but maybe not so much in an ongoing continuity. Still it's a good quote from KF. Rock on.

Arnim Zola? What, the guy whose specialty back before WWII was robotics? The guy who, like Ultron himself, became an AI in an android body of his own making in the comics? The guy who's quietly been biding his time in the shadows of the hoopla around CATWS (with Kevin Feige likely being ecstatic that nobody has even *once* asked about Toby Jones' reprisal of the Zola role)? The one from CATWS, the movie that Feige just yesterday *again* described as the actual link between Avengers 1 and Avengers 2?

Nah.....he couldn't be talking about Arnim Zola. :o
:cwink:

Or he could be talking about the state of SHIELD, the paranoia that exists about stopping people with powers/crimes before they happen, etc. That comment could mean so much more than Zola. In fact, I will bet that Zola has nothing to do with Ultron.

In other news:

Cue the Hallelujah Chorus. :word:

tumblr_lmka1dEGLv1qii6tmo1_400.gif

Forcing the trilogy format on superheroes has never been good to begin with. Superheroes were specifically designed to have long continuities with long ongoing story arcs with long ongoing villains and a growing supporting cast. The only thing the trilogy format has done for superheroes so far is narrowing down their potential to just the origin + 2 stories.

Although I have some problems with Iron Man 3, one of my things I loved the most about it was how it didn't try to create + wrap-up a trilogy out of a series of films that weren't structured as part of a trilogy in the first place, unlike a certain other film from last year (*cough*darkknightrises*cough*).

I don't think these have to be trilogies, but I would like to see the 3rd films be decent films to send off RDJ, Evans, Hemms, etc off into the sunset. I think IM3 balanced that very well. More IM films may come, but it also served as a good end to RDJ's Iron Man. I'd like to see Thor 3, Cap 3, and Avengers 3 do the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"