THE BATMOBILE THREAD

Okay I love this car even

I love this car even more now!! Omfg that new Batman needs to drop soon! I know that they might put this suit and batmobile in the game. If they do I'm driving the hell out of that car lol:batty:

So it is bat themed but just subtle. Nice touch

I wonder what the other angle the bat is visible. Funny part about the one that is drawn on is the wings on the bat are drawn incorrectly imo. I see a much better looking bat. If the wings are drawn right.

20200310_182704.jpg

Last edited:
Honestly I didnt see it at first. The more I looked the more I saw the symbol I drew. But as an artist myself I definitely think its possible he used silhouettes and profiles to make bat a symbol. Theres even the two eyes right where the head is formed.

It's possible ! For sure, when have to create something like this, you have to devellop shapes and a whole visual langage around the concept.
It's just that here, to me, it feels so subtle that it's nearly invisible...But I get what you say, I did all my studies in this field and work as an artist today too ;)

Last edited:
I wonder what the other angle the bat is visible. Funny part about the one that is drawn on is the wings on the bat are drawn incorrectly imo. I see a much better looking bat. If the wings are drawn right.

View attachment 32829
This outline might be more truth than wishful thinking as I initially thought.

View attachment 32829
I’m fairly confident that the eyes in the Bat head you see is just red light reflections coming off the brake lights on what is likely a chromed or polished part. You can see dimmer red light reflections on the upper intake and cylinder heads on what appears to be a less reflective metal material.

But you could be right though. But I think the “Bat symbol” on this Batmobile is a bit of a stretch. At the end of the day I feel this Batmobile is simply a modified dodge Challenger or Charger Muscle car on a modified short course racing truck chassis. Which you can see lots of similarities if you google those muscle car and racing trucks if you are not aware of them already. Pretty cool combo and fitting for the character I’d say. But who knows, if this movie is a hit and the start of a new franchise maybe we will see the Batmobile and suit evolve. Looking forward to finding out.

Last edited:
If the artist who designed it confirmed it then I have no reason not to believe personally. Now that I know to look I cant un-see it. If you look side by side with the unedited pic, you can see the entire bat outline, it'd help if the tail lights weren't so bright.

If the artist who designed it confirmed it then I have no reason not to believe personally. Now that I know to look I cant un-see it. If you look side by side with the unedited pic, you can see the entire bat outline, it'd help if the tail lights weren't so bright.
I can respect that. Plus, if it is… cool. I just don’t see it. I see one big bada$$ motor though.

That's... not how the emblem looks... Weird that the designer confirmed this.
I love this new batmobile and we could discover some subtle influences here and there later, with a more complete look at it, but in this particular case ? I don't buy it.

dont buy what? if its an easter egg, its just a nod to the symbol that may not even be highlighted during the film. It doesnt have to be the exact symbol he's wearing for it to be a nod. and this fan highlighting what the symbol is doesnt mean thats the exact outline of the symbol the designer incorporated. I've seen multiple people draw different symbols o this exact picture and it lined up fine.

I've seen multiple people draw different symbols o this exact picture and it lined up fine.

The fact the vehicle needs to be in a particular perspective to show a symbol, so subtle, that its design differs depending who you're asking, is what making me doubt.
And I'm usually a fan of those kind of easter egg but here... Maybe I just can't see it yet.
I see Venom.:o

Last edited:
What we've seen so far of the Batmobile, I think it's bloody awesome. There's lots of "car experts" here that has watched the Fast and Furious flicks and then judged this as a classic "muscle car" or a "Challenger"-rip off, without actuallly knowing anything about the muscle cars era back in Detroit in the 60s.

First of all, this look nothing like a Dodge Challenger or a Dodge Charger or a Ford Mustang. Just google them, godammit.. I'd slightly agree on the roof
line for a Challenger, but that's it. This as much takes from some classic sport cars (Corvette C2, Lamborghini Miura, Aston Martin V8 from the 70s etc, etc..) as from those classic muscle cars.

Well, whatever nitpicking, It's IMHO such a bad ass Batmobile.

And one thing is for sure. I' m pretty sure we will all enjoy seeing and hearing this bloody thing in action!!

(Give us a Batmobile trailer nooow)

Last edited:
The similarities are there , c'mon. Just look at the Year One concept art. Recycling is common in the movie industry : for example , lots of ideas from the aborted Superman Lives/Reborn movies were used for Singer's Superman Returns.
Agreed. Which one was carried over to Returns though?

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"