BvS The Batsuit Thread - - Part 25

Status
Not open for further replies.
I gotta be honest, I think it is a very dark, dark, gray almost black with only darker shades to distinguish the cowl,guanlets, symbol, and boots. Just my opinion. The one pic of Ben (headshot only) just showing his side profile the suit looks black. People say it is the lighting but I'm not so sure. Frankly, the different fabric working against the different materials for symbol and cowl etc will make it look a bit different anyhow as far as color is concerned.

JAK®;30047761 said:
It's the concept of anonymity allowing a person to act without regard to how society thinks of them. The masked appearance allows the reader to project themselves into the costume as they read. It's an alluring trope that existed before superheroes did, but fit very nicely into the genre.

And that's why heroes like Batman and Captain America wear them, realism or logic be damned.
:shr:

Im not sure if im convinced that he can move his head and neck freely. I dont want him looking stiff as hell. When i find out that he can move freely i will punch something in excitment. Oddly, that visual is important to me. Otherwise the suit is perfect.

I don't think he'll be able to move his head an unqualified "freely".

What it is likely to be is "more freely than any previous one-piece rubber cowl".

I gotta be honest, I think it is a very dark, dark, gray almost black with only darker shades to distinguish the cowl,guanlets, symbol, and boots. Just my opinion. The one pic of Ben (headshot only) just showing his side profile the suit looks black. People say it is the lighting but I'm not so sure. Frankly, the different fabric working against the different materials for symbol and cowl etc will make it look a bit different anyhow as far as color is concerned.

I think something like these shades is very likely (and absolutely the right choice).

DSCN1861.jpg

For people saying the bodysuit looks black to them - well yeah, in such low lighting, that action figure would look pretty much black too.

I would be very pleased with this color scheme. Hopefully it will be confirmed soon.

Yea, put me in as a fan of that color scheme as well.

I'm definitely down with that dark grey suit/scheme. Any lighter would look weird in love action.

I also agree on the grey color scheme. I know they kind of used that in BB a bit, but I think a dark grey cowl/cape/gauntlets/boots/emblem with a slightly lighter grey bodysuit would definitely look different enough from other films to make the majority of fans ecstatic! I'm really itching for a real trailer showing the actual batsuit in action. Or just a teaser clip with him running or doing some fighting...Christmas is coming...I know what I'm asking Snyder Claus for!

Im still not sure why I'm so curious about the color of the belt. it migth be just a personal fetish (no, not that kind!) similar to the disapointment I had when superman didnt had his hair curl.

I dont think the grey will differ much from the grey we saw in the black and white photo we have.

I'd rather there be more of a contrast between the grey and black, something along these lines:

That gray seems too light, I'd like it to be a bit darker.

I'd rather there be more of a contrast between the grey and black, something along these lines:

I can appreciate your view here, but I just think that certain things wouldn't be as successful in live action. The light grey is one of those things IMO. I mean the bodysuit definitely needs to be lighter than the other parts of the suit, but that drastic of a difference would be hard to pull off correctly on film. Again, just my opinion.

Damn, that's a badass statue. Where is that from?

I can appreciate your view here, but I just think that certain things wouldn't be as successful in live action. The light grey is one of those things IMO. I mean the bodysuit definitely needs to be lighter than the other parts of the suit, but that drastic of a difference would be hard to pull off correctly on film. Again, just my opinion.

Yeah, i definitely think Batman should be a dark creature overall.

If you wanted to do a more lighthearted tone (which WOULD be interesting to see in live action, I won't deny) then a lighter suit could work, but for regular, "serious-(ish)" Batman, darker grey is the go.

The more I look at this Batman, I find it harder to imagine him gliding. It's something that has been on my mind for a while now...he's huge and I'm not sure if they could make gliding look believable.

I think it's possible he won't be able to do so in these movies, before Nolan's trilogy and then Arkham games, Batman haven't used his cape that way anyway.

I can't remember if he ever glided in comics, though...? :hmm

I think Batman's grapple gun skills will be insane in this movie, a la the Arkham games.

I think it's possible he won't be able to do so in these movies, before Nolan's trilogy and then Arkham games, Batman haven't used his cape that way anyway.
He glided with his cape in BR. And I'm almost positive Burton was the first to introduce that, along with other things we commonly associate with Batman, like the grapple gun.

And what about Batfleck are you seeing that would make you think that? Batman was gliding in BB, and that suit was much more stockier than what we got in TDK/R.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"