The Batsuit Thread - Part 9

Discussion in 'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice' started by Thread Manager, Dec 13, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. regwec

regwec Make Mine Marble

It's hard to tell. The busy-ness is very reminiscent of the TDK(R) suit, and it almost looks like the infamous puzzle-pieces have found a new home on Wolverine's pants. :(

Goodness, HJ is beginning to look old...

2. Travesty

Travesty Well-Known Member

This just looks like a grey BB suit.

3. KillerMcQueen

KillerMcQueen Mortal-ish

Yeah, they're gonna have to start looking for a new Wolverine soon.

4. Saint

Saint The Devil's Robot

My opinion, from day one, has been that the Young Justice design pretty much the gold standard in terms of a modernization of the Batman costume.

Yeah, the truth is we're just talking about a couple of scribbles on the classic costume. However, when you compare it to Jim Lee's New 52 mess, you can see how a couple of scribbles can make a huge difference.

The New 52 outfit just like like random, unnecessary embellishment. While it has been drawn well by certain artists, in general Lee's lines are pretty much junk.

The lines on the YJ costume complement the body and the design of the costume subtly. This is something that would look right at home next the pretty solid MOS costume--which again, demonstrates that a couple of well placed lines can make all the difference. The MOS suit isn't perfect, and isn't superior to the classic costume, but they were smart about how they used their embellishment, and as such they managed to solve three of the classic "problems" (if you see them that way) with bringing the Superman suit to screen--the trunks, the sweater-sleeves, and the old-fashioned collar.

Jim Lee tried to solve these problems, too. the collar and the trunk problems he failed on. The sweater sleeve problem he actually succeeded on, though--the little pentagonal shields on the wrists are pretty clever.

5. Afrobean

Afrobean Well-Known Member

I recall hearing that they actually used latex to achieve the metallic texture for the Man of Steel suit.

I'm expecting something similar for Batman, albeit with a unique texture. It probably won't look like "fabric". It may not have "plates" like The Dark Knight, but it won't be simple fabric either.

6. D.P.

D.P. Well-Known Member

Saint, Regwec,

Yea, the YJ suits are pretty flawless. Today I learned what a Nehru collar is.

So Wolverine is essentially wearing the latest Tron suit without the light up gimmick?

7. Wise

Wise Watchtower Janitor

If you remove the trunks and modernise the belt the YJ suit is very similar to the New 52 suit.

I'd be happy with a combination of either of these.

8. hafizbat

hafizbat Wild Cherry

Correct me if I'm mistaken, but I believe they purposely aged him because this movie (at least part of it) is set sometime in the future. In The Wolverine that came out this year, HJ looked quite young and vigorous.

9. regwec

regwec Make Mine Marble

Not really. The New 52 suit has a lot of superfluous details and stylings that are meaningless, and its belt has taken us back to the age old problem of a ton of tiny pouches that could each barely contain a contact lens.

It is inferior to the "Incorporated" suit that preceded it, or the classic suit that preceded that. I would still accept it as an improvement on the busy rubber monochrome messes seen in the Nolan movies, but it is very far from perfect.

10. regwec

regwec Make Mine Marble

I don't know, and don't follow Marvel stuff. It just struck me that he seems to be turning into Bernard Hill in that picture.

11. lujho

lujho Well-Known Member

Interesting, but too many non-fabric elements. I want the main or only (visible) non fabric element on Bats' bodysuit to be the chest emblem.

12. hafizbat

hafizbat Wild Cherry

This is him in 2013.
    [​IMG]

13. hafizbat

hafizbat Wild Cherry

I like the mesh material of the suit, but I agree, the plasticky armor parts I'm not a fan of. Why does Wolverine need armor anyways lol.

He should wear the classic costume they made him in a deleted scene..
    [​IMG]

14. regwec

regwec Make Mine Marble

^
    That looks pretty sweet.

15. Casval

Casval Red Comet

Maybe because his healing factor isn't as strong as it used to be.

16. Lencho01

Lencho01 Shazoogle! Shazoogle!

It kinda reminds me of the TDK/TDKR suit underneath the plastic plates. Maybe even the Tron: Legacy suits.

17. The Guard

The Guard Well-Known Member

Because you can't be as effective in battle if you're healing from severe wounds.

18. Bathead

Bathead The Oldest Geek

Or, being severely wounded stills hurts like hell. I don't recall anyone ever saying Wolvie's healing power eliminates pain.

19. Saint

Saint The Devil's Robot

Whoa. I never saw the Wolverine, somebody give me some context on this.

20. hafizbat

hafizbat Wild Cherry

No, but he is the kind of tough guy that doesn't shy away from it.

21. hafizbat

hafizbat Wild Cherry

Saint, they made him his classic costume that can be seen in a deleted scene. It was originally going to be part of the movie (he gets it at the end for his future movies). If they have another solo with the same director, it's quite possible we may see Jackman in it.

22. Charlatan

Charlatan Well-Known Member

So when does everyone think we will get our first look at the new suit? Jan? Feb? Surely they will have some stills before someone gets a badly lit spy photo won't they?

23. Wise

Wise Watchtower Janitor

If I remember correctly the Dark Knight and Man of Steel suits were released as stills before principal photography started. So I'd expect a promo still of the Batsuit sometime in late Jan.

It'd be sick if they showed a promo shot of all three actors in costume, posed appropriately.

I wonder if they'll unveil the official title before pics.

[​IMG]

24. djindodbi

djindodbi Active Member

They made him look older on purpose for the "Future" scenes. He is aging pretty well in real life.

25. Vaibow

Vaibow Well-Known Member

off topic, but Jackman really needs to wear the suit soon, before it becomes just another action film - i'm getting tired of watching die hard with claws, i wanna see Wolverine!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.