BvS The Batsuit Thread - Part 9

Status
Not open for further replies.
^^
I'd be down with the Batsuit in the above pic lol

If I remember correctly the Dark Knight and Man of Steel suits were released as stills before principal photography started. So I'd expect a promo still of the Batsuit sometime in late Jan.

Or late February..
But I look forward to it as well..

off topic, but Jackman really needs to wear the suit soon, before it becomes just another action film - i'm getting tired of watching die hard with claws, i wanna see Wolverine!

Agreed so hard. How many fricking appearances has he had on film by now? It's so stupid he hasn't been in the costume yet

If I remember correctly the Dark Knight and Man of Steel suits were released as stills before principal photography started. So I'd expect a promo still of the Batsuit sometime in late Jan.

It'd be sick if they showed a promo shot of all three actors in costume, posed appropriately.

I wonder if they'll unveil the official title before pics.

BMSMWWTrinity.jpg

I'd need some new pants if that happened

I like the mesh material of the suit, but I agree, the plasticky armor parts I'm not a fan of. Why does Wolverine need armor anyways lol.

He should wear the classic costume they made him in a deleted scene..
the-wolverine-props-yellow-classic-costume-hugh-jackman.jpg

God, I love seeing that. Shame it was deleted from the movie.

The gloves remind me of Shocker for some reason also.

If Wolverine gets to wear yellow, Batman gets to wear navy blue. I insist on it.

I get the feeling they didn't design a full suit. That's just a bunch of material sewn together and rolled up.

The only context in which Wolverine's mask makes sense is if ALL the other X-Men have cowl-like masks (maybe for covert missions or something), as they did in the beginning (of the comics). Wolvie would get a plain one and ask for something with a little more personality, thus the ears.

Last edited:
Whoa. I never saw the Wolverine, somebody give me some context on this.

This suit was designed for the movie. It was intendet as a gift from Logans girlfriend at the end of the film and a nod to the whole Wolverine is a Ronin, a Samurai without master kinda thing. They cut it out of the film, because they felt it was like a hot potato thats getting passed on to Singer in a "Now you figure out how to make it work" kinda way, since Logan wouldn't wear it in the Wolverine.

I get the feeling they didn't design a full suit. That's just a bunch of material sewn together and rolled up.

The only context in which Wolverine's mask makes sense is if ALL the other X-Men have cowl-like masks (maybe for covert missions or something), as they did in the beginning (of the comics). Wolvie would get a plain one and ask for something with a little more personality, thus the ears.

Yeah, we won't see Wolverine in full costume until the entire X-Men franchise is rebooted, whenever that may be.

I have always wondered why they are so afraid of the costumes and play them down in superhero movies. In real life we have people that dress like "weirdos" and are very comfortable doing so. They are individuals and feel no need to blend in with society.

I dont see why superheros, especially the X-men would not get into that idea. The super powered folks or mutants would be i imagine just another sub culture that has their own unique style of dressing.

Yeah, the X-Men franchise has always annoyed me in that regard. How long is it going to take Bryan Singer and Fox to realize that people LIKE to see superheroes in superhero costumes? If superhero costumes were so unpopular or something that needed to be downplayed, then why did The Avengers make a billion dollars? Why did MOS nearly make $700 million? Why did Nolan's Batman films make over $2 billion? Superhero costumes that look like superhero costumes are cool to see on the big screen. I'm sick of that black leather/Matrix gear approach the X-Men films have taken in most of their movies.

Well I dont think you really need to look at box office as a sign of quality. Miley Cryus and The Transformers featuring Those Obnoxious Kids are making bajillions and they are horrible.

I just think within the context of the films them selves, the characters would not necessarily be interested in dressing like everyone else. Why does Supermans suit need to be some practical battle gear from his home planet for it to make sense. Why cant Superman be confident and proud of his bizarre fashion sense that he likes to get around in whilst flying and fighting other bizarre creatures.

I have always wondered why they are so afraid of the costumes and play them down in superhero movies. In real life we have people that dress like "weirdos" and are very comfortable doing so. They are individuals and feel no need to blend in with society.

I dont see why superheros, especially the X-men would not get into that idea. The super powered folks or mutants would be i imagine just another sub culture that has their own unique style of dressing.

That's something I've been wondering myself, ever since 1989.

I find it strange when a person goes to such lengths for a mediocre joke.

But, it would be interesting if they showed that his suit can keep him comfortable all year around.

Kinda like how in the Spectacular Spidey toon, they said he started his career around Spring/Summer and didn't take into account the problems he'd face during the Winter.

Yeah, the X-Men franchise has always annoyed me in that regard. How long is it going to take Bryan Singer and Fox to realize that people LIKE to see superheroes in superhero costumes? If superhero costumes were so unpopular or something that needed to be downplayed, then why did The Avengers make a billion dollars? Why did MOS nearly make $700 million? Why did Nolan's Batman films make over $2 billion? Superhero costumes that look like superhero costumes are cool to see on the big screen. I'm sick of that black leather/Matrix gear approach the X-Men films have taken in most of their movies.
See, this argument annoys me because people are just blatantly ignoring the context. The first X-Men movie came out in 2000. The previous few years had not been kind of superhero movies. The "bright and colorful" superhero movies like Batman and Robin had bombed. The only successful superhero movie in the previous few years had been Blade, which was hardy bright and colorful and wasn't even marketed as a CBM. AT THE TIME (people seem to forget this part), the experience with bright and flashy costume had not been a good one, and no one had ever attempted to make a movie like X-Men before. The decision to give them the black leather costumes made sense at the time. Today thirteen years later, we know that the public will accept the out there costumes, but hindsight is always 20/20. You cannot judge movies that came out back them using today's standards because it was a different time, it's that simple. Besides, First Class did have more colorful uniforms.

Agreed so hard. How many fricking appearances has he had on film by now? It's so stupid he hasn't been in the costume yet
Because the costume looks stupid, well the mask does. Given who Wolverine is a character, him wearing a costume makes little sense. Plus, considering how successful the last Wolverine movie was, it would appear that the general audience doesn't give a crap whether he wears a costume or not, they care that he's awesome. The costume especially doesn't make sense in the context of THAT story.

They're also ignoring the context of X-MEN when whining that no costumes are worn, in which the X-Men are not trying to be public figures, and are not even in the public eye in any real sense. They're more or less a stealth/black ops organization in the movie. That said, even the black suits had some color to them. These weren't the standard leather and buckles black leather suits that people have grown so tired of.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"