The Rebooted "Keep Hope Alive" (that the rights can revert back to Marvel) Thread - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Grace Randolph can be annoying and not credible most of the time but her analysis here is pretty decent and she makes good points on this video below:

Can be annoying? When is she ever not annoying? As soon as she opens her mouth she's annoying.

I've seen all the Netflix shows but they definitely require some binge watching to stay interested.
Pretty much all of them could have been cut by about 5 episodes without losing anything important.

If they tried to do the same stories in a weekly aired series they would have been cancelled far sooner.

I've seen all the Netflix shows but they definitely require some binge watching to stay interested.
Pretty much all of them could have been cut by about 5 episodes without losing anything important.

If they tried to do the same stories in a weekly aired series they would have been cancelled far sooner.

Many of them are impossible to binge watch. It's hard enough getting through one episode let alone even 5 episodes at a stretch.

But the Gifted is yet alive. When is Disney going to pull the plug on that one? It’s getting dark.

Sidebar, but I think you guys should give Luke Cage season 2 another shot with some fresh eyes. Yes we all know Colter is just a body that talks, but Bushmaster, Alfre Woodard and Misty made that season sooo good.

Agreed. The Bushmaster/Black Mariah bloodfeud was great! And even with Luke I was fascinated with his character arc throughout the season and where he ends up took some real balls.

That cliffhanger really set the stage for a really interesting third season but I don't have any faith that the creative team would've been able to deliver even if they had been renewed for another season. They might have bungled it.

That cliffhanger really set the stage for a really interesting third season but I don't have any faith that the creative team would've been able to deliver even if they had been renewed for another season. They might have bungled it.

Maybe, but I still would have liked to have seen the attempt.

Just waiting for Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. and Cloak & Dagger to be cancelled next.

The meltdowns will be hilarious.

Cloak and Dagger are not effected by this. Different deal. If they cancel it, it will be for other reasons

Agents of Shield airs on ABC which is owned by none other than the Mouse itself so that's not getting the axe anytime soon. Actually when you think about it - if that show keeps getting that show may end up having more episodes than all the six Netflix Marvel series put together and that's just one show, lol.

Have you heard any updates on Brazil yourself? I know your normally up to date on these things.

Nothing that you don't know. I don't think we'll get any new piece of info until after the meeting on the 27th. Patience is a virtue my friend.

I think you should rest easy. Brazil has until March 17th with an option of 90 day extension to make a decision. If they don't then it's automatically approved. Disney has to close by December or the deal falls through. This deal is closing one way or another, but Disney obviously wants the live sports rights in Brazil. I don't think you guys understand how valuable live sports is. I have seen internal numbers on what can be charged per impression on ads for live events and it's significant. It's no wonder Iger was gushing over ESPN+ numbers after the first UFC event and why they spend so much to get rights to live sporting events.

Nothing that you don't know. I don't think we'll get any new piece of info until after the meeting on the 27th. Patience is a virtue my friend.

I think you should rest easy. Brazil has until March 17th with an option of 90 day extension to make a decision. If they don't then it's automatically approved. Disney has to close by December or the deal falls through. This deal is closing one way or another, but Disney obviously wants the live sports rights in Brazil. I don't think you guys understand how valuable live sports is. I have seen internal numbers on what can be charged per impression on ads for live events and it's significant. It's no wonder Iger was gushing over ESPN+ numbers after the first UFC event and why they spend so much to get rights to live sporting events.

I hope Brazil don't drag it out for another 90 days just for the sake of holding things up. Will 90 days really give them any further insight as to what to do? If it's going to be automatically approved anyway after 90 days, and Brazil couldn't decide in that time, then they might as well have decided earlier.

Weren't they at least talking about moving that March 17th date up?

Do we know if anything did or didn't happen on that?

Disney need to chase Brazil like the army chased Banner across the Brazilian Favelas.

Just what I was afraid of...Marvel going woke in Phase 4. Yikes. I guess part of the issue is Marvel being in a state of a limbo until the Fox deal closes and they need ideas for new movies until the Fox deal closes. Id take those twitter rumours with a massive grain of salt though.

I'd take those with a grain of salt at this point. Unless Marvel makes a new deal with Sony this year, they couldn't use Miles Morales going forward even if they wanted to.

Just waiting for Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. and Cloak & Dagger to be cancelled next.

The meltdowns will be hilarious.
I hope not. C&D is a great show.

Well I'd like to focus on Northstar as the first ever gay Superhero in comic history.

But itll probably be Iceman unfortunately

But the Gifted is yet alive. When is Disney going to pull the plug on that one? It’s getting dark.

Sidebar, but I think you guys should give Luke Cage season 2 another shot with some fresh eyes. Yes we all know Colter is just a body that talks, but Bushmaster, Alfre Woodard and Misty made that season sooo good.
If we get another season, I want Bushmaster back. I was rooting for him throughout the series. Misty is a must, would love it if we get Shades and Maria's daughter back too.

I'd take those with a grain of salt at this point. Unless Marvel makes a new deal with Sony this year, they couldn't use Miles Morales going forward even if they wanted to.

I still want to know what Marvel/Disney got for allowing Sony to use Peter Porker (a frozen character that required the former's approval) and (if true) the subsequent TV shows that Sony does not have the rights to.

Man I stopped Punisher at season 1 episode 3 and didn’t look back.

I know people loved it, I loved Punisher on DD Season 2, but damn I was SO bored.
I loved the character in dd and still love the actor, but I couldn't finish the first episode. I'll get to it later, I know if I give it time I'll like it. Jessica Jones took me months to finish. I liked it, but it was too slow for me. I never went back for season two and I won't watch 3 unless I hear good things about it. I actually liked Defenders, wish we got another season.

I'd be excited if they brought Kamala to the MCU. Riri Williams and Chavez could be retooled to be great characters in the MCU. Miles is too soon. Parker will just be getting out of HS by the time he shows up. How is he going to mentor Miles when he barely has anything about life figured out himself?

Also, those are really good choices for Jessica.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"